AZ
✟101,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh No! You found me out. I am a heretical creationist who doesn't believe that all of the answers are known and all I have to do is buy the latest pop science mag to know it all.
(First of the month, I am going to be very busy)
I enjoyed our conversation and I will see you around the forums.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Oh No! You found me out. I am a heretical creationist who doesn't believe that all of the answers are known and all I have to do is buy the latest pop science mag to know it all.
(First of the month, I am going to be very busy)
I enjoyed our conversation and I will see you around the forums.
I do appologise if I came off as rude... but that is typically exactly the motivation for strangely targeted science skepticism on this board.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
More people believe in evolution as time goes by. Is it because they have studied it and understand it, or is it because so many others believe it so they might as well too?
Well, I have a better understanding of people that claim to have studied it, but really didn't, then use that compounded ignorance as a basis for pseudo-scientific argument against it.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
peer pressure
That is a far better explanation as to why a creationist remains a creationist.
I have considered the suggestion that water, dust, gas rocks and sunlight will produce a rabbit given billions of years of time and a lot of just-so stories.
So you considered a strawman that you read in a creationist book?
I don't find those stories to be compelling or supported by science.
So you opted for the 'middle eastern deity creating everything from nothing in 6 -24 hour days' to be both more compelling AND scientifically supported.
Got it - that is, you never actually read anything about it from actual scientific sources.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

GooFYone

Nov 24, 2020
City
✟1,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes,but that is mere prejudice if you cannot support it. Hindus feel the same way about Vishnu. Muslims feel that way about Allah.
God is good. Do you call the one you serve good or bad?

If all people come from Adam, literally speaking, who do you think is better or worse?

So if I say that God, Creator of all, is good, do you agree with me?

Jesus says that all who believe in goodness, God, will be saved. Do we do good or wicked?

I’m supporting my view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

If all people come from Adam, literally speaking, who do you think is better or worse?

Jesus says that all who believe in goodness, God, will be saved. Do we do good or wicked?

I’m supporting my view.
Quite a bit of nonsense and non sequiturs here.

I don't serve a god. I don't believe in any gods. Nor does there appear to be a need for one.

How do you know that your God is good? The Bible is no help to you in this since it can only claim. It is not the evidence.

And what does this have to do with the fact of evolution in the first place?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

GooFYone

Nov 24, 2020
City
✟1,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quite a bit of nonsense and non sequiturs here.

I don't serve a god. I don't believe in any gods. Nor does there appear to be a need for one.

How do you know that your God is good? The Bible is no help to you in this since it can only claim. It is not the evidence.

And what does this have to do with the fact of evolution in the first place?
Do you serve me by answering me? Thank you friend. I love you also.

If I say I serve the maker of all, I cannot go wrong. Agree?

Your motivation encourages me.

If I do good for a human, I know it’s ending cannot harm me. So I say that the one I hope to serve perfectly does not harm, or else I’m deleted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GooFYone

Nov 24, 2020
City
✟1,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your language tends to be the very poetic. As a result it can be a bit difficult to understand.
Thank you for recognizing our poetic ness. It is just very common sense and those who hate goodness, cannot understand truth. I pray they understand, yet they refuse. Thank God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What can you do for me? Mr scientist.
"Mr. Scientist" is already doing quite a bit for you. It is entirely possible you wouldn't even be alive right now without him and you certainly wouldn't be conversing in an internet chat room.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I’m supporting my view.

I think you've wandered onto the wrong forum, pal. This isn't the place for theology or philosophy or discussions of morality. This board is for discussing the different worldviews about the origins of nature and living things. Perhaps you should read a few threads and see what this is all about before rejoining us.

Upvote 0

GooFYone

Nov 24, 2020
City
✟1,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you've wandered onto the wrong forum, pal. This isn't the place for theology or philosophy or discussions of morality. This board is for discussing the different worldviews about the origins of nature and living things. Perhaps you should read a few threads and see what this is all about before rejoining us.
Haha. Love you too.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for recognizing our poetic ness. It is just very common sense and those who hate goodness, cannot understand truth. I pray they understand, yet they refuse. Thank God.
"Common sense" is only an argument used by people that cannot support their claims. It is almost an admission that one is wrong.

Upvote 0