Why do most christians not follow the 10 commandments?

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ga 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Yes, "For _I_ through the law am dead, dead to the law, that I might live unto God."

It's not 'For the _law_ is dead to me, that I may live away from God.'

So Colossians 2:20, "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances", ordinances and affectations : OF: "the WORLD" --nothing to do with the Law of God Old or New Testament!

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, "For _I_ through the law am dead, dead to the law, that I might live unto God."
The law was our killer.
Romans 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law was our killer.
Romans 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

'The law was our killer.' Yes, and, NO! We were our own killer; our SIN was our killer; our TRANSGRESSION of God's Law-of-prohibition-unto-life was our destroyer. Don't and you will, live; do, and you will, surely, DIE! Sounds familiar doesn't it?

So, instead of having emboldened as you have, '7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.', what a difference would it make if you emboldened as follows, '7:11 For sin taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’d like to keep the sabbath but I’d have to change my line of work and from what I see in the scriptures the law was written to keep two commandments. Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and love each other as we love ourselves. Jesus taught that it was ok to harvest grain on the Sabbath and it’s ok to disregard the dietary laws. I know the dietary laws aren’t the 10 commandments but they are still commandments of God. The apostles met in Jerusalem and determined that circumcision isn’t necessary which was also a command of God. God also commanded that we must stone anyone who doesn’t keep the Sabbath and I haven’t heard of anyone who keeps the Sabbath today stoning anyone. So I’m going to keep honoring God and praying for forgiveness and stick to Jesus’ 2 commandments the best I can. Sure I’m going to keep failing but I think the most important thing is I never give up trying. God bless.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
man, I don't want to sacrifice animals and burn them.

Do you think Christ loved to sacrifice an animal to cover Adam and Eve with in Eden? There started the pains of death for Our Passover Lamb of God!

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I happen to believe in the truth, that all Christians follow the law of God, Love. :)

There is only one 'follow(ing) the law of God, Love' and that is following Jesus Christ. Not following our human impulses of 'love'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’d like to keep the sabbath but I’d have to change my line of work and from what I see in the scriptures the law was written to keep two commandments. Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and love each other as we love ourselves. Jesus taught that it was ok to harvest grain on the Sabbath and it’s ok to disregard the dietary laws. I know the dietary laws aren’t the 10 commandments but they are still commandments of God. The apostles met in Jerusalem and determined that circumcision isn’t necessary which was also a command of God. God also commanded that we must stone anyone who doesn’t keep the Sabbath and I haven’t heard of anyone who keeps the Sabbath today stoning anyone. So I’m going to keep honoring God and praying for forgiveness and stick to Jesus’ 2 commandments the best I can. Sure I’m going to keep failing but I think the most important thing is I never give up trying. God bless.

It won't help you one bit. No one escapes God's Law. God have mercy on us through Jesus Christ our Lord our love our life our Law our "God who commanded - the Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ". 2Corinthians 4:6.

Upvote 0