Why did this guy treat me like this and made a mess of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Jesus

Let's not put the cart before the horse. The law should be patiently interpreted through the Holy Spirit. Not used as an excuse to taunt others. When the Pharisees famously engaged in legalism it created a heavy burden for the people. Although none of us are Pharisees, the same principle applies. Also, let's not forget that each verse has a specific context. The intent of a given verse may also apply to other situations, but it was originally addressed to whom it was written. For all we know, a group of early Christians may have been trying to conjure the dead, sacrifice children, or do something else like that as part of a local pagan ritual. Pagan rituals often included things like violence and licentious behavior. This doesn't mean that it's wrong to sing Christmas carols. Or that it's wrong to not sing them either.

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And respectfully, in the most gentle tone, if I may I ask..is it really appropriate to mock?
No it is not. The previous post was not intended to mock you.

I genuinely thought you thought Miss Raphael was under discipline from the Lord. It appears that I was mistaken. My foremost apologies.
All I said was, as a believer, she is not going to exactly have much to choose from as far as Godly men go at a pagan holiday celebration. I said nothing of her being under punishment from God that is a lie you concocted entirely on your own.

It’s good biblical advice. Believers should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
It has been my personal experience, living in the United States of America in 2023, that the vast majority of people that celebrate Christmas are indeed Christians, or have largely moved on from the ancient idol of Saturnalia worship to the idol of Modern Capitalism.

I also tend to trust that, since Miss Raphael is a Christian, she would be likely to select a Christian New Years party where other Christians, perhaps of the same mistaken mentality that New Years is an okay holiday for them to celebrate, would be attending.

However, if you live in a part of the world where Saturnalia worship is a common practice and where Christmas parties are largely attended by unbelievers as a result, please accept my regrets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 11:28-30
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Jesus

Let's not put the cart before the horse. The law should be patiently interpreted through the Holy Spirit. Not used as an excuse to taunt others. When the Pharisees famously engaged in legalism it created a heavy burden for the people. Although none of us are Pharisees, the same principle applies. Also, let's not forget that each verse has a specific context. The intent of a given verse may also apply to other situations, but it was originally addressed to whom it was written. For all we know, a group of early Christians may have been trying to conjure the dead, sacrifice children, or do something else like that as part of a local pagan ritual. Pagan rituals often included things like violence and licentious behavior. This doesn't mean that it's wrong to sing Christmas carols. Or that it's wrong to not sing them either.

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8

That scripture Matthew 11:28-30 you’ve taken out of context. Those verses encourage people to come up out of the world system and follow after Christ, to yoke up with Him rather than remain yoked to the world system/things of the fallen culture and leave behind the burdens that come with being engaged in the world system..not get lax on sin and continue on in the ways which the world esteems, that’s how modern CEO pastors twist that passage.

That passage is about turning away from the world system and the ways of man and turning to Christ, following after Him, becoming His disciples, overcoming the world in His name. It means it isn’t burdensome to do things His way, His demands aren’t burdensome..the demands of the world system, is a burden. He is actually telling people to let go of the fallen world, the fallen culture, and false ways of man (things like Christmas for example) and yoke up with Him, He will pull us along. Those verses have nothing to do with greasy grace and laxness towards sin like modern CEO pastors portray it.

Did He not tell the adulteress to sin no more? Did he not say in John 8:31 if Ye continue on in my word ye are my disciples..continue on = obey..I see obedience mentioned a lot in scripture, but as for ‘legalism’ not once..scripture interprets scripture, modern CEO pastors cherry pick fragments here and there and use them to align with their narrative and bottom line. There’s no way that Matthew 11:28-30 is referring to a lax attitude on sin and anyone who has taken the time to study and show themselves approved knows what Christmas is. It’s undeniable.

That said, can you show me where in God’s word the term ‘legalism’ exists? You can’t, because it is a manmade term, a product of the corporate manmade religion business model employed by modern CEO pastors whom are soft on sin = more butts in the pews = bigger piles on the collection plates = later model truck in that personal parking space right outside the front door that should be available for some elderly lady to use. And here we have the mess the ‘church’ is in today. Theres virtually no distinguishable difference between the collections of people in the denominational buildings and out in the world. All kinds of abominations taking place in those buildings these days and embracing the ways of the world. Christians are to be a peculiar people. But because the modern CEO pastor/denominational business model calls for a lax attitude on what God’s word clearly defines as sin/transgression, we have this mess today. When something we don’t want to let go of is tested to God’s word and proven as sinful/unbiblical..justify it with manmade terms like ‘legalism’. Refer to those whom call it out as Pharisees (and inaccurately so). Pharisees were the ones teaching doctrines of man (legalism, Christmas, the modern denominational business model, among other things not found in the scriptures and not ordained by God).

So I will ask again..having trouble getting an answer here. And everyone seems to only have personal feelings to inject, and stay outside the realm of God’s word in attempt to justify this holiday while I have tested it to God’s word here for all to see and it fails with flying colors and honestly I cut it short I could have gone on quite a while longer with that testing. So here goes again..Jesus Christ is here on earth in human form. Is He going to be singing Christmas carols? Decking the halls with boughs of holly? Lying to children about a jolly man with godlike powers that usurps authority over Christ Himself on an alleged celebration of His birthday (which He never told us to observe in the first place)? Is He going to be in the pews for the Christmas Eve service fattening up the modern CEO pastor’s collection plate? Is he going to bring a tree into His home? Shoot, He didn’t even have a home during His ministry to even put a tree in He let go of everything and told His followers to as well, and here in 2023 people can’t even let go of a burdensome worldly holiday that would save many of them a lot of funds and stress and hassle if they just cut it out. Remember, His yoke is easy; burden is light..just not how you try to suggest. Can’t tell you what a relief it was for me to remove Christmas from my life! All that money saved! Not having to be places I don’t want to go and be around people I don’t fit in with or have anything in common with..having to watch my niece and nephews being lied to..and I am honoring God all the while and obeying His word by further removing myself from the world system. I am almost looking forward to next Christmas I enjoy not celebrating it so much LOL!! Such a peaceful day of solitude and I can go anywhere and be alone and pray while the world is all cooped up indoors playing makebelieve. His yoke is easy indeed!

What would Jesus do? We all know the answer if we are willing to not kid ourselves, but no one else wants to say it. The answer is obvious. So if He isn’t going to partake in it, is it wise for professed followers of His to do so?

Greasy grace/sin coddling is the wide road to destruction. These fleshly lusts within people are like fire. And this soft on sin approach, greasy grace, modern CEO pastor business model doctrines are like pouring gas on that fire.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,343.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
So that is why I asked..I was not trying to say she was not a believer..I honestly didn’t know either way which is why I asked and if that is against the rules that’s pretty ridiculous.

It's against the rules to imply that someone isn't a Christian, and asking someone who has stated that they are one carries with it that implication. A member's faith is displayed alongside every post they make (so that's how I know that you describe yourself as a deist), but it's now in a dropdown and no longer automatically visible. You may have only joined the sight after the change happened and not have been aware of that, so my intention was simply to point out that you were inadvertently breaking the rules as I didn't think you were doing it deliberately.

However, that has nothing to do with my main point which was that you picked up on her passing comment of "the New Year" (again, it's not absolutely clear that was referring to the party) to bring up your own agenda. I have to say that the idea that Christians shouldn't attend New Year's parties or that those attending aren't actually Christians is a bit of a new one to me. Maybe we have very different experiences of such events, but the only thing that I've really seen that sets them apart from those held on different dates is cracking open champagne at midnight. No pagan rituals in evidence.

When am I going to get some of this gentleness I am being told all about here?

If you want to receive gentleness then you need to reciprocate and show some of your own. You have some strong views which a lot of people don't share and not only do you present them as fact in a forceful manner rather than opinion, but you do so when it's not relevant.

This thread was created by someone seeking to understand an interaction with another person, in light of insecurities that she has. Where that interaction occurred and the faith of the individuals involved had nothing to do with her question. Going off on the tangents you did was of absolutely no help whatsoever.

If you want people to stop having a go at you then you need to tone down your posts and stick to the topic at hand. And yes, I'm contributing to the off topic direction this thread has taken by continuing to engage with you on this, but even though I'm not the only one to have called you out on it you don't seem to be getting the message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,269.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being gentle on sin is why the ‘church’ so-called these days is the total mess it is and as a result continues to blur the lines between the church so-called and the world when the ecclesia is to be set apart.
No, pretending like sin doesn't exist, and that you don't need to read, study, and meditate on the Bible is what corrupted the modern church. I am suggesting nothing of the sort here, brother. Most of us objecting to you in this thread are for lack of a better term: "conservative Christians", but you've become so extreme that to you, a moderate is a radical.

You’re basically saying that it is wrong to call it like it is, and coddling a person’s feelings are more important than the standard laid out for us in God’s word. Being gentle on sin is a product.....
Nope, not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, for all things there is a season, and a time to every purpose. In some contexts, blasting someone as sinful simply isn't the right move. Especially if you can't differentiate the sinner from the sin. Then you aren't calling it like it is, or telling the necessary truth, you are only hurting feelings, and driving more wedges between a person, and God.
What I am trying to suggest to you is what Paul said, "I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." Bearing with one another, with humility, gentleness, and patience.
There is nowhere in the Bible that obligates you to "call it like it is", and be a bull in a China shop with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Let's keep looking at Paul's teachings for a second: "The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will." Not quarrelsome, patient, kind, correcting with gentleness. For the specific purpose that someone may come to their senses. As I stated previously, if you aren't careful with your tone, you're not going to get very far. That wasn't an insult, it was an honest observation.

And Peter: "But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame."

With gentleness and respect, so that when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior may be put to shame. See, I didn't do that, I rose to my sarcastic nature and let myself make jabs, now my words don't carry the same weight as they might, had I kept a better control of my mouth.

Was Paul out of line when he said to not even eat amongst professed believers living in sin? Was Christ being gentle when He chased the moneychangers from the temple with a makeshift cat-o-nine-tails type device? Or referring to people as children of the devil? Vipers? Speaking of which, how would He react to those whom generate their comfortable, cushy, worldly lifestyle off the faith itself like modern CEO pastors if He responded the way He did to people merely selling everyday goods at the temple? Why should I be held to a higher standard than Paul, or Christ, and come across as a mushy, soft, feminized man like a Joel Osteen or Steven Furtik modern CEO pastor type? Both of whom are willing to compromise on sin..cuz feelings. Cuz butts in the seats. Cuz money. Softness on sin is not biblical it is a business model.
Was Peter out of line when he stopped associating with "the gentile sinners"? Was Jesus out of line when He ate with Tax Collectors and sinners?
Context matters, you can't just throw out blanket statements and expect it to go anywhere.
I am not defending modern churches, and I'm not sure why you bring them up in every post in an accusing fashion, when a good number of the users here don't even attend regular church because they couldn't find ones that taught the truth. Very few users here would jump up to defend the modern church, but hardly anyone can agree with you when you take such an extreme and out of context stance. People talk about baseball or something, and then you're talking about football players dry humping up and down the field, makes it a little hard to be in your corner, if I'm being completely honest.
Mushy, soft, feminized man? You can't be gentle because you don't want to appear soft? Gentleness is not a weakness. The Bible calls us to be meek. Do you even know what meek really means? Its origins come from the Greek, Praus, translated it means: strength under control.
The Greeks taught their war horses to be fierce and powerful, yet always under control.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone threw in a ‘pharisee’ accusation. Funnily enough you do so right after a sentence in which you scold me for how I say things, sorry I couldn’t help but notice. I get it, really I do..the popular narrative must be addressed very delicately and anyone doing so must tip toe over egg shells, any opposition to the authorized narrative the same courtesy does not apply. Do as I say, not as I do. That is actually what pharisees did..placing manmade commandments upon men which they themselves did not uphold. And ironically, pharisees were the ones whom honored traditions of man (Christmas anyone?) and other extra biblical systems of their own, while here I do the opposite and call out such for what they are. Pharisees prided themselves on their religious practices and public displays of religionism..much like the people in the denominational buildings today, or the person who puts up a manger in their yard with a false baby Jesus, or the person with the bumper sticker on their car which proclaims ‘keep Christ in Christmas..they refer to these denominational services as ‘worship‘ when it just isn’t so..true worship is how you live your life every day and seeking to do so in a manner which pleases God.
I was just calling it like it is. . . Yeah, it doesn't feel so nice, does it? And I am sorry by the way, as I stated earlier, I should have been controlled.
That said, it's accurate. We are celebrating Christ's birth-- the Christmas that we chose to celebrate, and the unique family traditions-- not world traditions-- family traditions-- that we celebrate-- have absolutely nothing to do with anything pagan. I don't think the pagans ate oyster stew and chili, read from Luke, drank Italian sodas, and watched The Nativity story together with their parents, grandparents, and nieces and nephews until bedtime. And now, as you say, Christmas is becoming popular in China, one of the most anti-christian countries on the planet-- which means that some who are curious enough to seek out what Christmas is, will discover the birth of Christ, and the seed will be planted. But you complain, as the pharisees complained that Jesus was healing on the Sabbath because it was against their rules, and God ordained the Sabbath, didn't He?
The Pharisees didn't uphold The Traditions of man, they upheld themselves, using traditions, and laws to control others. And they watched for anything that a man might do, that they could hold against them with their rigid, closed-minded, self righteousness.

The truth is, it really does not matter what different things mean to you, or I, or anyone else. It doesn’t matter one bit how you, or I, or anyone else see things. There’s only one view that matters when it is all said and done. How do you think God views Christmas? Let’s have a look at His word to get an idea. Not the business model of manmade corporate religion, not the feelings and opinions of mortal fallen humans. Let only God be true, every man a liar.

God is against the use of pagan practices being implemented to worship Him. (Deuteronomy 12:29-31). Anyone still in denial needs to research the origins of all these Christmas traditions, decorations, etc..none of which are biblical.
With respect, you are wrong. Your heart matters, but only God can judge the heart. I will give you a perfect example, from the events preceding the Nativity, because the irony isn't lost on me either. When Zacharias went into the Holy of Holies, and the angel appeared to him, and told him that he would have a son. He told the angel no, no way, his wife's too old. The angel made him mute. When the angel appeared to Mary, to tell her that she would have a son, and she said, no, no way, I've been with no man. Did the angel make her mute? No, he was kind to her, he offered her reassurance, and even made a way to prove he was telling the truth, by sending her to Elizabeth, who just so happened to be Zacharias's wife.

Why was he punished for doing the exact same thing she did? If sin's sin, and it's all the same, then why the contrast here? Because to him, he should have known better, the angel's word should have been good enough for him to have faith. But to Mary, a virtuous but young woman, she needed proof to believe. They were each treated according to their heart. Only Go knows what's in our hearts, and that's why only He can judge.

I agree, God is against the use of pagan practices, but I again tell you, we do not celebrate Christmas with pagan traditions. And don't tell me that because the pagans had a tradition starting the same time of year that all of Christmas has to be thrown away. Every culture had things they celebrated or revered, and if you trail back history, you'll find there's no time of the year that doesn't overlap with at least one. The logic that because Christmas is celebrated at the same time as some ancient pagan thing, is bad logic, because every month there's some ancient culture's pagan thing that happened.

God calls for us to separate from the world and not have communion with infidels
Nope. God calls us into the world. To make disciples of all nations.
Paul said, "I become all things to all men that I might win some."

God killed people for offering up strange fire, (Leviticus 10:1-7) and anyone whom has done the research cannot deny Christmas as such..throwing a baby Jesus in with pagan manmade traditions not ordained by God.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,269.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually had to cut my post in two. Yikes...

If they're worshipping the yule log while they wrap presents, or sacrificing a goat to an idol while they sing Jingle Bells, then yep, that's some pagan "rituals" alright. Meeting with family, having a cookie or two, singing 'O Come All Ye Faithful' while holding some hot cocoa with marshmallows, trying to teach your youngest nephew what the lyrics mean. . . I'm going to have to go with "'What is Not Paganism?' for 300, Alex." :p

God rejected Cain’s worship because his offering suffered from God’s command (Genesis 4:7). You think He accepts Christmas because of how you view it? Doesn’t matter how mortal humans view things.

God seeks true worshippers whom worship Him in Spirit and truth (John 4:24). Christmas is a lie..Christ was not born December 25th but many pagan false gods WERE born around that time of the winter solstice. Christmas involves lying to children about the pagan myth of Santa Claus.

God calls for us to embrace His ways; and hate false ways (Psalms 119:128) Again, Christmas is a manmade lie rooted in paganism. Not ordained by God but ordained by manmade corporate religion as well as secular humanism.

God condemns loving pleasure more than Him (2 Timothy 3:4). And that is why virtually all keep this holiday..they obtain pleasure from it, and refuse to be honest with themselves and hold on to it..what is really more important? Traditions of man, or our Lord? It doesn’t matter how mortal people feel about something. What matters is how God sees it.
God rejected Cain's "offering", because of his heart. He was petty, and jealous of his brother.

Okay, again, as many have stated, you can choose to celebrate something whenever you want, and since we don't know exactly which day of the year He was born, it makes little difference which day we choose to celebrate. That's not a lie. Calling it a lie, is dishonest.
Many Pagan false gods were born in every season, you can't find a season that some old culture didn't have some old ritual or tradition. That also doesn't qualify as a logical argument against Christians celebrating Christ's birth.
Titus wrote: "To the pure all things are pure."
The principle being, it is not the impure thing that makes the man impure, it is the impure man that makes the thing impure.
Romans chapter 14: " Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only. The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." This is the same principle. Keeping the day or not keeping the day, eating the meat, or eating only vegetables, to each, they are doing as they see rightly, and neither of them are wrong. They are only wrong, if they decide to judge the other for their choice. The same principle applies, for Paul continues:
"One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God."
Observing Christmas is the same principle as Paul is speaking about here. To you, it is akin to pagan worship. To me, it's only related to paganism if you let it be, or allow pagan traditions into your family plans.

And he continues further with the idea that it isn't the thing but the heart: Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way. "I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean." It is not unclean, except to them who thinks it is. For one person, it is perfectly pure, but to another, it is unclean, and to him it is unclean, because he thinks it is. Which is why I wouldn't advocate that you should go buy a Christmas tree already, bro! You say, "I don't celebrate Christmas, because of how it's linked to Pagan origins." ah okay cool, I hear ye. And then I'd never bring it up again.
But instead, you attack, calling us pagans and sinners against God, spreading strange fire. Which is just so against that entire chapter of Romans. But Paul finishes out the chapter with this: "The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin." Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. The heart matters, your conscience matters. There's a difference between willful disobedience, active rebellion, and well-intentioned ignorance. And there's also a difference between impure things, and just things that we make impure by our own consciences.

Did you ever think maybe we celebrate Christmas because it makes us feel closer to God? Because we feel the season and the memories are gifts that He gives us that we carry through our lives when times are hard? That it gives us something to look forwards to, think about, pray about, and keep our thoughts a little more focused on Him? Not everything is about "pleasure".

Many sources point to what is today known as Christmas originating from the worship of pagan sun gods (who were supposedly born around the date of Dec 25, not Christ) and sun worship. And since there is absolutely nothing in the scripture to go off of, because it is not ordained by God..I have to go by encyclopedias and what not. Since it is a manmade tradition.
So this is something the early church or the early Catholic church did often: they would take a popular thing the people were doing at the time, like a pagan festival or holiday, and they would make like a competing holiday, and try to steal away from the other flocks. Christmas was one such holiday that they invented as a means to make the church more popular, bring more people in, etc. It was a competing holiday that as Christianity became more popular, and the pagan worship died out-- in the end completely replaced it. It's not a pagan holiday worshiping sungods, it killed the pagan holiday worshipping sungods.

It becomes quite obvious to anyone willIng to study to show themselves approved that Christmas is not any liberty issue such as the Jewish holy days being referenced in Romans 14:6, that liberty does not apply to pagan holidays. If it does, where does that liberty end? Do I have the liberty to commit fornication? Murder? Blasphemy? Modern CEO pastors often cite that verse out of context as justification for keeping the pagan manmade traditions of Christmas. Many of them are likely aware of what Christmas really is, but it would hurt their bottom line to do away with it..those $70,000 trucks, large collection of top of the line suits, and expensive houses/properties aren’t going to pay for themselves!!
Again with the CEO Pastor? I admit I haven't read every post to completion in this thread, but I'm gonna ask anyway: who in this thread has defended those pastors even once? Or those kinds of churches? I'd bet no one. So why keep bringing them up? They are your go-to example, but no one here even agrees with them.

When you read the whole chapter in context, how can you say it doesn't apply? He literally says nothing is unclean in itself, but to those who think it's unclean. The point is that if you think it's unclean, then you are going against your conscience to eat it. But the person who sees it as pure does not go against their conscience if they eat it, for to them, it's clean. The sin, is not the consuming of the thing, the sin is going against your conscience. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. Happy is he does not go against his conscience. This is backed up in Titus, when says almost the thing, that to the pure all things are pure.

Now here is my offer..if someone can point me to the books, chapters, and verses which suggest this holiday is ordained by God and not man, and encourages us to celebrate the birth of Jesus via the undeniable pagan oriented trappings of Christmas, I will repent and I will celebrate it with you next year. But based on observations out in the world, research I have done, and testing to God’s word rather than anyone else’s own personal feelings, it is clearly sin. Regardless of how anyone feels about it. Do you honestly believe that God views Christmas as a pure thing? It’s origins are clearly rooted in paganism and anyone who is willing to spend even a measly 20 minutes researching into it can see that..just have to be willing to unplug from the modern pastor and denominational hive mind and quit lying to oneself.
Buddy, I've been non-denominational my whole life. I've never attended a church for longer than a year or two because none I've ever been to has measured up to the Word, and all had false teachings, and false teachers. I am not a part of this "denominational hive mind" you're apparently convinced we all belong to.
I've studied Christmas, and I decided The Nativity is pure, and a good thing to think about, and study in depth every December, and that drawing close with your loved ones, and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ is also a good and pure thing, and that having big family meals are a wonderful gift from God, that not everyone is so blessed as to have, and so long as no one gets too carried away, or drunk (my family doesn't even drink at family dinners), then those are also pure, and I saw nothing in the bible that said I shouldn't put a red blanket on my bed with some green pillows and a blue throw blanket to make it fun, and if we decide to get some gifts for each other, to show our love and appreciation, then I think that's okay, I don't think an old pagan god is going to jump out of the giftbag when my brother opens cozy slippers, as if the pagans have a monopoly on gift-giving. Then, yeah, according to my studies, there isn't anything wrong with it, unless you're doing something to make it wrong, like spiking the eggnog and getting plastered, or forgetting God altogether, and just totally making it about the gifts, and decorations, material things, then yes, not so good. If you're going to lie to children and pretend Santa Claus is real, then yeah, not so good.

My parents never pretended Santa was real, my earliest, earliest, earliest memory in this life, was watching a Santa cartoon on Christmas eve, and my parents telling me that Santa was just for fun, not real, but they had presents for me to open the next morning from them. I think I was 3. I don't remember anything after that, but I remember the cartoon was black and white, and I remember what my parents told me, even though I could hardly understand it then.
And we don't lie to my nephews about Santa either.

Again with the Christmas wasn't ordained. Ok. In communion-- during the Last Supper-- He said, 'as often as you do it, do so in remembrance of me."
Paul, in Corinthians says, "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes"
We remember His death, we proclaim His death. Does it not stand to reason, that we should also remember and proclaim His birth, His reason to be born?

Last edited:
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, which seems to have gone a teensy bit off-track, but I'm responding to the original post because I want to help.
Yes, there's a good chance that you are attractive and that he had some interest in you. Many people underestimate their attractiveness... but then, underestimating is preferable to overestimating.
This may sound strange, but I would encourage you to focus on the positive aspects of the interaction. You were receptive to his signals of interest and did not shy away. You talked with him. He asked you for advice, showing some level of trust and respect. There's a lot here that you can build on, socially. And, as they say, Rome was not built in a day.
There could be a number of reasons why he didn't follow through, despite showing interest. But I think you should focus on you. Clearly you have social skills, and I think you should continue using them. Not everyone who talks to you will like you. Not everyone who shows signs of interest will actually be interested. This is something we all have to deal with. We have to sort through the chaff until we find the wheat, so to speak. But the wheat will be there. There will be people who like you (as a friend) and there will be people who are interested in you (as more than a friend).
You have been brave enough to put yourself out there and risk rejection. You can be brave again. It is important to be brave sometimes, in life, and sooner or later you will be glad you did. Believe it or not, most people have doubts about themselves to some extent. You're not alone in that. But you can act confident, and if you do that long enough, you may forget that it's an act. You may start to feel confident. You can become confident this way. And confidence is an attractive trait.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That scripture Matthew 11:28-30 you’ve taken out of context. Those verses encourage people to come up out of the world system and follow after Christ, to yoke up with Him rather than remain yoked to the world system/things of the fallen culture and leave behind the burdens that come with being engaged in the world system..not get lax on sin and continue on in the ways which the world esteems, that’s how modern CEO pastors twist that passage.

That passage is about turning away from the world system and the ways of man and turning to Christ, following after Him, becoming His disciples, overcoming the world in His name. It means it isn’t burdensome to do things His way, His demands aren’t burdensome..the demands of the world system, is a burden. He is actually telling people to let go of the fallen world, the fallen culture, and false ways of man (things like Christmas for example) and yoke up with Him, He will pull us along. Those verses have nothing to do with greasy grace and laxness towards sin like modern CEO pastors portray it.

Did He not tell the adulteress to sin no more? Did he not say in John 8:31 if Ye continue on in my word ye are my disciples..continue on = obey..I see obedience mentioned a lot in scripture, but as for ‘legalism’ not once..scripture interprets scripture, modern CEO pastors cherry pick fragments here and there and use them to align with their narrative and bottom line. There’s no way that Matthew 11:28-30 is referring to a lax attitude on sin and anyone who has taken the time to study and show themselves approved knows what Christmas is. It’s undeniable.

That said, can you show me where in God’s word the term ‘legalism’ exists? You can’t, because it is a manmade term, a product of the corporate manmade religion business model employed by modern CEO pastors whom are soft on sin = more butts in the pews = bigger piles on the collection plates = later model truck in that personal parking space right outside the front door that should be available for some elderly lady to use. And here we have the mess the ‘church’ is in today. Theres virtually no distinguishable difference between the collections of people in the denominational buildings and out in the world. All kinds of abominations taking place in those buildings these days and embracing the ways of the world. Christians are to be a peculiar people. But because the modern CEO pastor/denominational business model calls for a lax attitude on what God’s word clearly defines as sin/transgression, we have this mess today. When something we don’t want to let go of is tested to God’s word and proven as sinful/unbiblical..justify it with manmade terms like ‘legalism’. Refer to those whom call it out as Pharisees (and inaccurately so). Pharisees were the ones teaching doctrines of man (legalism, Christmas, the modern denominational business model, among other things not found in the scriptures and not ordained by God).

So I will ask again..having trouble getting an answer here. And everyone seems to only have personal feelings to inject, and stay outside the realm of God’s word in attempt to justify this holiday while I have tested it to God’s word here for all to see and it fails with flying colors and honestly I cut it short I could have gone on quite a while longer with that testing. So here goes again..Jesus Christ is here on earth in human form. Is He going to be singing Christmas carols? Decking the halls with boughs of holly? Lying to children about a jolly man with godlike powers that usurps authority over Christ Himself on an alleged celebration of His birthday (which He never told us to observe in the first place)? Is He going to be in the pews for the Christmas Eve service fattening up the modern CEO pastor’s collection plate? Is he going to bring a tree into His home? Shoot, He didn’t even have a home during His ministry to even put a tree in He let go of everything and told His followers to as well, and here in 2023 people can’t even let go of a burdensome worldly holiday that would save many of them a lot of funds and stress and hassle if they just cut it out. Remember, His yoke is easy; burden is light..just not how you try to suggest. Can’t tell you what a relief it was for me to remove Christmas from my life! All that money saved! Not having to be places I don’t want to go and be around people I don’t fit in with or have anything in common with..having to watch my niece and nephews being lied to..and I am honoring God all the while and obeying His word by further removing myself from the world system. I am almost looking forward to next Christmas I enjoy not celebrating it so much LOL!! Such a peaceful day of solitude and I can go anywhere and be alone and pray while the world is all cooped up indoors playing makebelieve. His yoke is easy indeed!

What would Jesus do? We all know the answer if we are willing to not kid ourselves, but no one else wants to say it. The answer is obvious. So if He isn’t going to partake in it, is it wise for professed followers of His to do so?

Greasy grace/sin coddling is the wide road to destruction. These fleshly lusts within people are like fire. And this soft on sin approach, greasy grace, modern CEO pastor business model doctrines are like pouring gas on that fire.
Jesus was referring to the burdensome manmade laws created by religious leaders of the day. The thousands of laws that they heaped on top of the Mosaic law.

Again, you're putting the cart before the horse. When Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more, it wasn't a burden. It wasn't a call for her to panic and look for new possible sins under every rock and crevice. She was forgiven! Not because she sinned no more, but because she was forgiven her heart was changed. The good fruit of a Christian life is the Fruit of the Spirit. That's what her new life was about.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

Quite the opposite of "greasy grace" or CEO pastors.

Not everybody enjoys the holiday season. However, that isn't a faith issue. It's a personal preference.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was referring to the burdensome manmade laws created by religious leaders of the day. The thousands of laws that they heaped on top of the Mosaic law.

Again, you're putting the cart before the horse. When Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more, it wasn't a burden. It wasn't a call for her to panic and look for new possible sins under every rock and crevice. She was forgiven! Not because she sinned no more, but because she was forgiven her heart was changed. The good fruit of a Christian life is the Fruit of the Spirit. That's what her new life was about.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Quite the opposite of "greasy grace" or CEO pastors.

Not everybody enjoys the holiday season. However, that isn't a faith issue. It's a personal preference.
Respectfully, maybe it is you who is putting the cart before the horse. Not only did Jesus fulfill the law, He taught others to keep it as well. And are we not to emulate Paul as Paul emulated Jesus? The only difference is that we are not justified by the law and will fall short of it just like He did and we are to repent when we do fall short, and seek forgiveness..not gleefully continue on in sin (or what you fail to recognize as sin) as you are basically suggesting here. You go down that road and it is like a snowball effect, sin leads to more sin the next thing you know you return to all the vomit, and are fully immersed in the world culture. I am not talking about manmade laws at all aka ways of the world (Christmas, denominational building gathering, submitting oneself to a modern CEO pastor) I am talking about God’s ways and His statutes not man’s..I already addresssd that. And indeed Christ sets us free from such burdens, the pagan fest of Christmas included. There’s a reason why suicide rates rise during that time of year, well as the revenue of wealthy corporate entities and mammon serving antichrists while working people go broke or get into steeper debt..it is undeniably wicked.

Just because someone has a personal preference on something does not make it ok in God’s eyes or make it sinless. The Christian life isn’t about personal preference and indulgence. People always take that passage from Romans out of context, Paul was speaking in regard to Jewish holidays which God Himself ordained..not pagan holidays; yet people contort those passages in order to include the pagan festival of Christmas which I have tested to the word of God right here for all to see. Still yet to get an answer here so I’m not even going to bother asking again..sometimes crickets speak volumes. We all know Christ, Paul, all the disciples, none of them would keep the pagan manmade tradition of Christmas. So it isn’t very wise at all for professed followers of Christ to do so. We are to emulate Paul as Paul emulated Christ..show me where during the ministry of Paul that he was observing pagan holidays and uniting/yoking up with the world?

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully, maybe it is you who is putting the cart before the horse. Not only did Jesus fulfill the law, He taught others to keep it as well. And are we not to emulate Paul as Paul emulated Jesus? The only difference is that we are not justified by the law and will fall short of it just like He did and we are to repent when we do fall short, and seek forgiveness..not gleefully continue on in sin (or what you fail to recognize as sin) as you are basically suggesting here. You go down that road and it is like a snowball effect, sin leads to more sin the next thing you know you return to all the vomit, and are fully immersed in the world culture. I am not talking about manmade laws at all aka ways of the world (Christmas, denominational building gathering, submitting oneself to a modern CEO pastor) I am talking about God’s ways and His statutes not man’s..I already addresssd that. And indeed Christ sets us free from such burdens, the pagan fest of Christmas included. There’s a reason why suicide rates rise during that time of year, well as the revenue of wealthy corporate entities and mammon serving antichrists while working people go broke or get into steeper debt..it is undeniably wicked.

Just because someone has a personal preference on something does not make it ok in God’s eyes or make it sinless. The Christian life isn’t about personal preference and indulgence. People always take that passage from Romans out of context, Paul was speaking in regard to Jewish holidays which God Himself ordained..not pagan holidays; yet people contort those passages in order to include the pagan festival of Christmas which I have tested to the word of God right here for all to see. Still yet to get an answer here so I’m not even going to bother asking again..sometimes crickets speak volumes. We all know Christ, Paul, all the disciples, none of them would keep the pagan manmade tradition of Christmas. So it isn’t very wise at all for professed followers of Christ to do so. We are to emulate Paul as Paul emulated Christ..show me where during the ministry of Paul that he was observing pagan holidays and uniting/yoking up with the world?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Who do you think will have more trouble obeying the law? Somebody who embodies the traits mentioned in above verse, or somebody like you who focuses on what they can and cannot "get away with" so to speak?

You will be hoist by your own petard if you're not careful. If somebody believes that a thing is sinful, however otherwise non-sinful it is, then it becomes a sin for them. Thankfully, a Christian's faith isn't determined by whether one celebrates Christ's birth (regardless of calendar date) or other similarly innocuous things. Innocuous as measured by the above criteria, against which there is no law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's against the rules to imply that someone isn't a Christian, and asking someone who has stated that they are one carries with it that implication. A member's faith is displayed alongside every post they make (so that's how I know that you describe yourself as a deist), but it's now in a dropdown and no longer automatically visible. You may have only joined the sight after the change happened and not have been aware of that, so my intention was simply to point out that you were inadvertently breaking the rules as I didn't think you were doing it deliberately.

However, that has nothing to do with my main point which was that you picked up on her passing comment of "the New Year" (again, it's not absolutely clear that was referring to the party) to bring up your own agenda. I have to say that the idea that Christians shouldn't attend New Year's parties or that those attending aren't actually Christians is a bit of a new one to me. Maybe we have very different experiences of such events, but the only thing that I've really seen that sets them apart from those held on different dates is cracking open champagne at midnight. No pagan rituals in evidence.

If you want to receive gentleness then you need to reciprocate and show some of your own. You have some strong views which a lot of people don't share and not only do you present them as fact in a forceful manner rather than opinion, but you do so when it's not relevant.

This thread was created by someone seeking to understand an interaction with another person, in light of insecurities that she has. Where that interaction occurred and the faith of the individuals involved had nothing to do with her question. Going off on the tangents you did was of absolutely no help whatsoever.

If you want people to stop having a go at you then you need to tone down your posts and stick to the topic at hand. And yes, I'm contributing to the off topic direction this thread has taken by continuing to engage with you on this, but even though I'm not the only one to have called you out on it you don't seem to be getting the message.
Again, quit trying to frame things a certain way..I did not imply they were not Christian, I was asking..there is a difference. Non-christians can post here. I didn’t see anything on their profile when I looked. I know that doesn’t align with your narrative here but it’s the truth. All I see when I go to someone’s username is their location that is the truth. I did nothing wrong.

You keep accusing me of having an ‘agenda’ my only ‘agenda‘ is God’s truth. Does His word say do not learn the way of the heathens? Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers? So I wanted to know if she was a Christian, again, couldn’t see..and I mentioned the fact that New Years is a pagan unbiblical tradition of man, hardly will a Godly, Spirit filled man attend these Holiday parties and I’ve been to my share of them before converting and I know exactly what goes on there including amongst professed believers. And people here have been so petty they make these claims like ‘you don’t know if she was at a NY party’ or something to that extent..ok, well it is rather obvious due to the time of year, she was at some sort of holiday party. And I do realize everyone is at a different point in their walk..I was stuck in some things I needed to leave behind for a while. But a Godly man will put away the old man and flee youthful lusts as scripture commands. More likely to find such elsewhere than a NY party. All I said was NY is a pagan holiday. Then someone agreed. Then someone mentioned Christmas. I agreed with them. Then a bunch of people got triggered because they do not want to be faced with reality, they do not want to give up their lusts and passions for Christ as we are commanded, they want to drag it all along into God’s kingdom and the scriptures make it quite clear it doesn’t work that way. If that is ‘forceful’ to you and you take exception, take it up with The Most High, not me.

Also, where did I say I wanted to receive gentleness? I could care less about receiving it..I rejoice in persecution. If I don’t get any, I know I am not doing something right. Here on this thread I’ve been mocked, framed, had some condescending and scolding like tones directed at me, even flat out lied about/false witnessed against and after they were called out on their deliberate lie, very insincerely apologized with a condescending, tongue-in-cheek type tone, all that and more. It is all so very telling and I like what I am being told tbh..I rejoice greatly in it all. All I said was, I am being lectured on gentleness here a lot and as soon as various people got triggered over their Christmas idolatry..I just find it ironic is all..do as I say not as I do, yet I am the one accused of being a Pharisee (whom were hypocrites) and not gentle.

I am presenting God’s word as a matter of fact..which it is. Your holiday has been tested to His word right here for you to see..it isn’t opinion at all..all the excuses here being made on behalf of these holidays are opinions, feelings, personal preferences, contorted verses..zero basis in scripture. Maybe you and others take me as ‘forceful’ because the truth offends you. Remind me of when I was a kid and my dad told me a certain musical artist I listened to was filthy lowlife trash. I hated to hear that at the time, was triggered, but the man was 100% right. And on this day years later I wish he had been more ‘forceful’ with me.

I’m not trying to force anything on anyone at all..I simply tested Christmas to God’s word..it clearly fails that test with flying colors for anyone who cares to remove the blinders. You and others just can’t accept that and are offended because it goes against what manmade corporate religion and the world’s traditions have taught you. You’re free to believe what you want. Forcing something on someone would be what the vaccine mongers were doing..attempting to ruin people’s livelihood and strip their freedom and mobility for failure to conform to their agenda of being injected with what is now shown to be ineffective experimental drugs for an illness with nearly 100% survival rate. Or trying to tell me what I can and can’t discuss, and how I am supposed to discuss it, as several have done here.

I only briefly mentioned these holidays in the beginning, then people became triggered and lost in their feelings over it so we are where we are now. So you’re kidding yourself if you believe I am solely responsible for the direction things have gone here. I wasn’t even the first person on this thread to mention Christmas I just agreed with the poster who did. But people cannot help in framing the messenger a certain way and going in after them when their arguments and personal feelings are easily cut by God’s sword. So I am totally fine with how people responded. It’s quite telling.

I could care less if people stop having a go at me or not..I rejoice in persecution as God’s word tells us to. The harder they go, the more clear things become. In fact I wanted to stop replying here a while ago but people kept injecting their own personal feelings into the matter and presenting them as fact, including contorted scriptures. Then someone felt the need to flat out lie/bear false witness against me in order to push their narrative. I on the other hand have only used God’s word as the measuring stick for truth, within proper context not the manmade context of the corporate religion business model designed to be seeker friendly as a means to obtain more butts in the pews and more revenue. The Christmas crowd all they have is personal feelings to go by and verses commonly contorted out of context by CEO modern pastors. My offer still stands..where in God’s word are manmade pagan holidays permitted for believers? And don’t even try to deny all the trappings of Christmas are unbiblical and rooted in paganism. .10, 15, 20 min of research tops will verify that..just gotta take the blinders off. I will repent, and not only that I will wear a Santa hat and reindeer sweater with lights and tinsel all next December, hand out candy canes to everyone everywhere I go, hum the 12 days of Christmas all my waking hours, and lie to my niece and nephews about the jolly pagan mythical man with godlike powers who spoils them rotten and instills a sense of entitlement and covetousness. Books, chapters, verses..where is all this worldly Christmas stuff validated in God’s word? Where is lying, mass consumerism, etc permitted? Where is it permitted to ‘clean up’ the things of pagans and use them for God? By that logic, if I draw a Christian logo on Anton Lavey’s satanic bible and only practice the things he says in there like ‘show kindness’ then it’s just fine for me to keep something in my home pertaining to false religion as those whom decorate for Christmas do..all those decorative practices are rooted in paganism, it is undeniable. So what is the difference between that and me keeping Anton Lavey’s satanic bible in my house when God’s word forbids us to keep items of false religion in our homes?

I’m just seeing quite the opposite is all it just doesn’t seem like God cares much for Christmas at all, safe to say He hates it based on my research. But I have been wrong before and am willing to repent. The passage in Romans won’t cut it..that’s in regards to holy days God ordained for Jews..not manmade pagan traditions. Matthew 11:28-30 isn’t about greasy grace quite the opposite it is about linking up with Christ, not the world, and allowing Him to pull us along, not the world and it’s trappings like Christmas.

I am not a ‘deist’ as the founding fathers were. My deity is the Most High God, my salvation is through faith Christ, my faith is dead without works so here I am contending for the faith best as I can as part of my service to God, if it hurts anyone’s feelings that’s just too bad. I was in a very bad place when I signed up here a few months back. And you know how I got there? Concerning myself with things of the world. I always believed in God and that Christ is God incarnate..even before converting years back. I also do not believe I saw an option for ‘Christian’ under the faith drop down menu and it will be a cold day in hell before I ever list my faith as some manmade denomination slap full of false doctrines based on contorted scripture and a revenue generating business model. Maybe there was a ‘Christian’ option which I missed. Was seeing mainly manmade denominations, none of which will I unite to. I also don’t identify as ‘non-denominational’ either..I do believe I saw that option..used to date someone who was a product of a ‘non-denominational’ building with the typical CEO modern pastor and she was no more a reborn believer than I was at that time living as a pagan and enjoying my sin. If there is an option that simply says ‘Christian’ I’d prefer to label as that. I don’t even think I saw that option maybe I missed it. But like I say, I was in a very bad place when I signed on here, all during that summer actually..and I told you what led me there..things of the world. But all the while I always believed. I was always honest with God as well. I was never a deist as the founding fathers were I didn’t even deny the divinity of Christ as a pagan, or during my worst days of backsliding into sin or even being angry at God. I just didn’t want to give up certain sins..felt entitled to them. Seems I am not the only one, but there is a difference there..I knew where my standing was before Him in denial, and unrepentant sin and He had tremendous mercy on me allowing for me to repent and have contrition of heart.

I spent more of my life than I care to admit in passionate defiance to God. So now my only concern is to apply such an amount of passion and more towards contending for the faith. If that offends you, or anyone else..sorry, not sorry at all. I’m not going to feminize myself like Steven Furtik or Joel Osteen or the local neighborhood modern pastor on Anystreet, USA. I don’t care about any mortal humans feelings and it isn’t my place to coddle their feelings, or sin. If it strikes you as ‘forceful’ though I am not forcing anything on anyone, just presenting the word of God and testing this holiday to it..can’t help you there it is my service to God.

Ask yourself..have you ever contended for the faith with the same level of enthusiasm and conviction you and others here have contended for Christmas? Something to think about. Most ‘Christians’ I know personally, surely never have. They contend heavily for their sports teams and sports heros, Hollywood, their drug habits/drunkenness, worldly hobbies, their precious holidays, their own self-righteousness, sinful relationships, many other things but never the faith which they claim. And I never force my ways on to them..but they force their tacky Christmas cards and Christmas text messages and ‘Merry Christmas’ nonsense (Merry Christ’s Death is what it actually means and He is very much dead to the majority of this fallen world at this point in time) all that on to me when I told these people years ago I want nothing to do with it. But I am always accused of being the ‘forceful‘ one. I love it actually. Thank you and everyone else also. Now I must redeem the time so I am not going back to this thread anymore the truth has been laid out, the holiday that is so beloved by many here has been tested to God’s word. The results may not conform to your feelings, and I may not either, but it doesn’t make me the bad guy as many here try to frame me as. In the end, we will all see the truth for sure and I prefer to error on the side of caution rather than on the side of the world is all. I’m not a politician so it isn’t my duty to soothe anyone’s feelings and tell them what they want to hear in exchange for support.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,343.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Again, quit trying to frame things a certain way..I did not imply they were not Christian, I was asking..there is a difference. Non-christians can post here. I didn’t see anything on their profile when I looked. I know that doesn’t align with your narrative here but it’s the truth. All I see when I go to someone’s username is their location that is the truth. I did nothing wrong.

I didn't say that you were implying that they weren't Christian, just that asking someone if they're Christian breaks the site's rules, even if you did it unintentionally. I'll concede that maybe I could have phrased it a bit better, but now you know that you can view someone's faith from the drop-down below their username and you won't run the risk of breaking that rule again.

I mentioned the fact that New Years is a pagan unbiblical tradition of man,

Which was off-topic. The same sort of encounter could have happened at a different time of year in a different setting and her question would still have been the same. So there was no need to bring it up.

Also, where did I say I wanted to receive gentleness?

Right here:

When am I going to get some of this gentleness I am being told all about here?

Or trying to tell me what I can and can’t discuss,

It's actually in the site rules:

Submit replies that are relevant to the topic of discussion.

And yes, all these posts replying to you aren't relevant to the original topic, but they are at least relevant to what you turned it into.

I don’t even think I saw that option maybe I missed it.

It looks like you did as according to this list, it should be there. I believe that to change your faith you have to open up a ticket, so it's probably a good idea to do that if you aren't actually a deist.

you and others here have contended for Christmas?

Where did I contend for Christmas? You accused me of trying to frame things in a certain way, but you're doing the same thing. I haven't addressed Christmas and I only commented on the New Year thing because I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned as something Christians should avoid and it seemed an odd thing to decry. But you can go ahead and decry it as much as you like, just not on a thread where someone was asking for advice as you're not helping her by doing that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oliver Cromwell also banned the eating of pies. Sometimes people can become ridiculous and overly puritanical and miss the point entirely. The campaign to ignore a day to observe the birth of Christ helps society, exactly how? But let's all feel good about removing the slightest memory of Christ that secular society has left so that we can all feel superior about our level of faith. Better yet, let's invade every thread not related to this topic to trash Christmas and immodest women and church attendance. Because that is also super helpful for someone who wants to know why a guy didn't ask her out.

Yes, it's like this thread was completely derailed into a Pagan rant regarding the holidays. I am thinking "What's this got to do with the price of tea in China?!

But this is typical of any message board as some are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We died in Christ and do not need to subject ourselves to these regulations you are imposing with false humility. There is zero pagan worship that comes with celebrating Christmas. It's a fun holiday where families get together, kids open up gifts, etc. Telling kids about Santa is a fun tradition that they grow out of by the time they turn 10. It's not a lifelong system of false god worship that you're making it out to be.

Especially true in the bolded...I mean, who thinks like this?

I don't think I've ever met a Christian that thought this way. It's very odd.

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, which seems to have gone a teensy bit off-track, but I'm responding to the original post because I want to help.
Yes, there's a good chance that you are attractive and that he had some interest in you. Many people underestimate their attractiveness... but then, underestimating is preferable to overestimating.
This may sound strange, but I would encourage you to focus on the positive aspects of the interaction. You were receptive to his signals of interest and did not shy away. You talked with him. He asked you for advice, showing some level of trust and respect. There's a lot here that you can build on, socially. And, as they say, Rome was not built in a day.
There could be a number of reasons why he didn't follow through, despite showing interest. But I think you should focus on you. Clearly you have social skills, and I think you should continue using them. Not everyone who talks to you will like you. Not everyone who shows signs of interest will actually be interested. This is something we all have to deal with. We have to sort through the chaff until we find the wheat, so to speak. But the wheat will be there. There will be people who like you (as a friend) and there will be people who are interested in you (as more than a friend).
You have been brave enough to put yourself out there and risk rejection. You can be brave again. It is important to be brave sometimes, in life, and sooner or later you will be glad you did. Believe it or not, most people have doubts about themselves to some extent. You're not alone in that. But you can act confident, and if you do that long enough, you may forget that it's an act. You may start to feel confident. You can become confident this way. And confidence is an attractive trait.

Wow, someone actually stayed on topic. ;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I know this is off topic, but I just want to point that the alphabet has pagan origins. So that must mean that we're being led astray by any Christians who communicate with us using it...

Actually, our alphabet is Latin (Rome) and that's even worse.

Jesus and His disciples did not preach not to use worldly things but they did preach not to love those things.

There's a difference between using and celebrating. And celebrating definitely constitutes 'love'. If you celebrate birthdays, you probably love them unless other people forced you to celebrate your birthday....it happens! Some children hate birthdays but worldly adults corrupt their minds, tormenting those innocent kids with words until they give in.

Accumulating more is another thing to show you love something. Money for example, you may not be jumping around in excitement each you get your paycheck, but if you're striving to accumulate more or not generous enough in giving enough to the less fortunate, then it shows love of money. Love of money is the root of all evil... It's the reason why poverty exists in the world because people love their money too much to use to help others.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟400,780.00
Country
United States
Faith