Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That's not necessarily true. That only means the assumed mechanism (i.e. spontaneous generation without intervention) of evolution is not accurate. The whole process of evolution could be guided by God and yet still look like what we refer to as the "theory of evolution."
I would agree with you, except that God does not say that's how He does creation. I believe God. People ask for proof. I have it. It is faith - Hebrews 11:1. And the whole evolution thing is collapsing like a house of cards. Adaptation? Sure. Macro evolution? Has not happened, is not happening and never will.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would agree with you, except that God does not say that's how He does creation. I believe God. People ask for proof. I have it. It is faith - Hebrews 11:1. And the whole evolution thing is collapsing like a house of cards. Adaptation? Sure. Macro evolution? Has not happened, is not happening and never will.

Hard to believe there are Christians who subscribe to evilotion, the supposed theory of life that can't account for whence why or whither.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes, by faith, we understand that the worlds were prepared by the Word of God, and that what is seen was not made by that which does appear (Hebrews 11:3). But, that one proof text in no way gives us the details of what that looked like in time (or out of it for that matter). At any rate, I think it's unhelpful to treat the scriptures as speaking to scientific theories. That's a category mistake. And, it pushes people away who, when they are convinced by evidence, are told to put that all aside and have faith. Faith in what? One passage that has no bearing on the empirical details and observations of our experience in this world? Yes, God created by command of the Word. What did that look like on the ground? Who knows? Maybe it looked a lot like evolution.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That's not necessarily true. That only means the assumed mechanism (i.e. spontaneous generation without intervention) of evolution is not accurate. The whole process of evolution could be guided by God and yet still look like what we refer to as the "theory of evolution."
Then it is not evolution.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes, by faith, we understand that the worlds were prepared by the Word of God, and that what is seen was not made by that which does appear (Hebrews 11:3). But, that one proof text in no way gives us the details of what that looked like in time (or out of it for that matter). At any rate, I think it's unhelpful to treat the scriptures as speaking to scientific theories. That's a category mistake. And, it pushes people away who, when they are convinced by evidence, are told to put that all aside and have faith. Faith in what? One passage that has no bearing on the empirical details and observations of our experience in this world? Yes, God created by command of the Word. What did that look like on the ground? Who knows? Maybe it looked a lot like evolution.[/QUOTe
Lord Jesus said that if people do not believe Moses, they would not believe someone sent back from the grave to testify to them. There is more than enough research, evidence, proof, whatever you want to call it, to destroy the humanist arguments of those who refuse to believe. I have debated with enough evolutionists to know that it takes more than any logic or reason to break through the darkness of their minds. I receive a regular news email from Professor James Tour. Look him up at Rice University. He is a Christian who was raised as a secular Jew. He is a preacher and an evangelist as well. Almost all of the people he ministers to are science graduates. Many get born again. It's a joy to me to read about their testimonies. It is the simple preaching of the gospel that convicts and leads them to Christ.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We haqve two big sections of the forum just for that nonsensical debate. But I can say one thing about it: this very topic about our jaws is undisputable proof of evolution. Without evolution, mammals would have two jaw bones and no bones in their middle ears. This happened to all mammals, including humans.

You would most definitely not think that about mankind. Ever. Using this logic, the entire body would regenerate. We are not cephalepods.
Speak for yourself. I myself identify as a cephalepod.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Speak for yourself. I myself identify as a cephalepod.

No you don't. You know cephalepods are not humans.

Why do you even think it is possible for our singular jaw bone and six middle ear bones to not be results of evolution after paleontologists and zoologists have proven they are?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
monty-python-joke-card-john-cleese-Flying-Circus-1352471848n.gif
No you don't. You know cephalepods are not humans.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is not a joke. It is a lie. If you want to say something funny, say what is obviously funny to ME.
Relax man ^_^, I can't help it if you didn't see that me referring to myself as an mollusk wasn't a joke

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Actually mollusks are shellfish, not starfish.

FYI I am a woman with Asperger's syndrome.

Anyway, men have all the same things in their breasts that women do, even mammary glands, not just nipples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually mollusks are shellfish, not starfish.

FYI I am a woman with Asperger's syndrome.

Anyway, men have all the same things in their breasts that women do, even mammary glands, not just nipples.
I was not aware of your condition. I don't recall saying they were starfish however.

• Haha
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If life was not spontaneously generated without any intervention, evolution falls over.

No, it doesn't. And anyone who thinks that clearly doesn't know the first thing about evolution. Evolution only requires populations of living things which change over time. How life originated is fundamentally unimportant as far as biological evolution is concerned.

Many scientists know evolution is bunk.

False. Baseless claim.

Most won't say anything because it costs them grants or tenure.

False. Baseless claim. And also conspiracy theory.

It's an unscientific way to be treated but that is the world system. As you know from your Bible, the world is controlled by Satan. He sure does not want people to believe in God. Evolution theory is one of Satan's means to keep people blinded to the reality of the God they will face one day. Anti-evolutionists find it difficult to be published, let alone win Noble prizes.

Replace "evolution" with "automobiles" and it makes as much sense.

Noble Prize winner Francis Crick: “An honest man, armed with all the knowledge available to us now, could only state that, in some sense, the origin of life appears at the moment to be almost a miracle" and, "Every time I write a paper on the origin of life, I determine I will never write another one, because there is too much speculation running after too few facts." He was almost right. Life is a miracle.

Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life.

"As someone who's had the privilege of leading the human genome project, I've had the opportunity to study our own DNA instruction book at a level of detail that was never really possible before. It's also now been possible to compare our DNA with that of many other species. The evidence supporting the idea that all living things are descended from a common ancestor is truly overwhelming. I would not necessarily wish that to be so, as a Bible-believing Christian. But it is so. It does not serve faith well to try to deny that." - Dr. Francis Collins

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I prescribe to theistic evolution (but God created Adam and Eve separate from evolved man).
But I see life on earth, including pre-adam man as being the product of Gods' command to the earth "let the earth bring forth life..." Now that did not happen immediately such as an elephant popping out of the side of a hill or birds fluttering out of the clouds. It in fact took millions of years and minus Adam and Eve, we have life on earth is as we now see it. The product of the elements of the earth were empowered by the Words of God to "bring forth" life.
Having said that, a primitive man did evolve from the earth, and that primitive "earth man" most likely did not have 100% of the anatomy and biology of Gods' Adam man. In this instance he may have had more teeth. Once Adam and Eve left the garden then Gods' man crossed with earth man and this brought about many of the abnormalities in today man. Add to this the pre-flood fooling around with the genetics of man by the Nephelim and fallen angels... and you have some pretty strange genetic anomalies. Such as the fact that for some reason, teeth do not fit in mouths, the remnants of tails on our embryo, and useless organs such as the appendix. I also believe that many of today's cancer and diseases such as diabetes, blood disease, heart disease, etc,etc, are the result of all this early messing with human DNA.
The ancient English are a good example of modern man crossing with Neanderthal man. Neanderthal man had a bigger jaw and his big teeth do not fit in "modern man's" jaw. Hence the crooked teeth of many English descendants. Yes... 2 to 4% of English peeps' DNA is Neanderthal. Blacks and Asians have 0% Neanderthal DNA.
Alas I wander.

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics