May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
heidegger said:
WHY? I want to hear your reasons, if you can show Scriptures to support your arguements.

He created us to love (Him). And out of love He created us. et al relationships.

Mark 12:29-30 - "The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength!"

-A

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
heidegger said:
WHY?
I want to hear your reasons, if you can show Scriptures to support your arguements.

I refuse to use Hebrew, Christian or Islamic scripture to support the truth, not because I can not, but because the truth should stand on its own and rely on external references to bolster it.
God created us for reasons known only to God. However, in trying to understand the mind the of God, one must apply love, logic and reason. Why would an infinite, omniscient, omnipotant and omnipresent God create a willful, mortal flawed creation? Well, ask the quetion, "What can the creation do that God can not?" We can choose, we can sacrifice, we can turn away from selfish desires and put others ahead of ourself... in other words we can choose to do the things that are God's nature out of love and reason or we can choose to not. THINK OF THE DELIGHT IN THE CREATOR WHEN WE DO CHOOSE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT. As a parent, we delight in the free choice of our children to do what is right despite their inclinations. We delight in their happiness, we delight in their learning and discovering new things.

Upvote 0

heidegger

Sep 14, 2005
✟15,442.00
Faith
Christian
armothe said:
He created us to love (Him). And out of love He created us. et al relationships.

Mark 12:29-30 - "The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength!"

-A

Please, quote a relevant scripture!
I want anything that says God created us because of blah blah blah...

Upvote 0

heidegger

Sep 14, 2005
✟15,442.00
Faith
Christian
KCDAD said:
I refuse to use Hebrew, Christian or Islamic scripture to support the truth, not because I can not, but because the truth should stand on its own and rely on external references to bolster it.
God created us for reasons known only to God. However, in trying to understand the mind the of God, one must apply love, logic and reason. Why would an infinite, omniscient, omnipotant and omnipresent God create a willful, mortal flawed creation? Well, ask the quetion, "What can the creation do that God can not?" We can choose, we can sacrifice, we can turn away from selfish desires and put others ahead of ourself... in other words we can choose to do the things that are God's nature out of love and reason or we can choose to not. THINK OF THE DELIGHT IN THE CREATOR WHEN WE DO CHOOSE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT. As a parent, we delight in the free choice of our children to do what is right despite their inclinations. We delight in their happiness, we delight in their learning and discovering new things.

It's perfectly alright if you do or don't use Scripture to answer my question.
Anyway, you are a parent, right? Why do you have children? Is your reason for having children similar, in any way, to God's reason for creating us?
By the way, I am not concerned if the creation is flawed or not. I just want to know what motivates God to create us.

Upvote 0

heidegger

Sep 14, 2005
✟15,442.00
Faith
Christian
We are created to glorify Him?
What the angels can't do that?
Speaking of angels, why does God create Angels?
Ok, so if we are created to glorify Him, that means we are created for the purpose of praising God's name?
God is so insecure that He needs us to re-assure Him of His Ego all the time?

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
heidegger said:
It's perfectly alright if you do or don't use Scripture to answer my question.
Anyway, you are a parent, right? Why do you have children? Is your reason for having children similar, in any way, to God's reason for creating us?
By the way, I am not concerned if the creation is flawed or not. I just want to know what motivates God to create us.

I don't know about the reason I have children, but I do know the great joy I get out of watching her grow up and learn and discover... I wonder, since God is all knowing and can't learn something... or can God?... perhaps is the joy in watching us discover and learn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
£

£amb

heidegger said:
WHY?

I want to hear your reasons, if you can show Scriptures to support your arguements.

Revelation 4:11 says, “Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.” Colossians 1:16 reiterates the point: “For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities, all things were created by Him and for Him.”

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
He made us because He needed someone to love.

That means, and this is serious, that your purpose isn't first and foremost to serve God, or to do this or that, but simply to be loved. The meaning of your life is to be loved. By GOD. There is no higher purpose for you than to accept His love.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
According to these scriptures,God created us for one reason,because He wanted to,for His pleasure!
Also,according to scriptures we have no business questioning Him,LOL! He is God,so He can do as He pleases.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
Isa 29:15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

Isa 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
Isa 45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! [Let] the potsherd [strive] with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.

Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?

Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Rom 9:22 [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
heidegger said:
WHY?

I thought you wanted scripture? You don't seem very interested to me,did you even read post #17?:scratch:

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Carrye said:
I have to disagree. God has no need for us, or for anything. The fact that he created is evidence of his love, not evidence of his need for love.

I am quick to dismiss God needing anything also... EXCEPT... maybe to love and be be loved is a universal need/hunger of all: spiritual or flesh, alive or dead, rich or poor, temporal or eternal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.