Why creationists can never convince me that evolution is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you believe that amphibians evolved from fish and that reptiles evolved from amphibians and that mammals evolved from reptiles and that we evolved from said mammals? And you believe that this was a design process utilized by God?

Do you think God created the caterpillar and the butterfly at the same time in one day?

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think God created the caterpillar and the butterfly at the same time in one day?

Probably not. I would think that metamorphosis would be a process that would come about after caterpillars already exist. Or at least some sort of forerunner to the caterpillar.

If you believe that people came about through evolution of fish to amphibian to reptile to mammal, I imagine you wouldn't find much conflict here.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, I'm not going to get into it about whether OOL experiments are appropriate set ups for a pre-biotic Earth. That's not the point of my response, nor the overall thread.

Well the thread has a creation aspect as well so no it is not a appropriate set up for earth, you want the overall topic to be one sided I get it.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably not. I would think that metamorphosis would be a process that would come about after caterpillars already exist. Or at least some sort of forerunner to the caterpillar.

If you believe that people came about through evolution of fish to amphibian to reptile to mammal, I imagine you wouldn't find much conflict here.

The breathing the soul zinc spark came much after the flesh from dirt as well as your spark

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So how did it happen, man formed from a whirling dirt devil, wipped up a cup of flesh,

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A more accurate description is that the evolutionary algorithms explored a search space of potential solutions for a particular optimal outcome.

A discussion of free will has absolutely nothing to do with the validity of the science of evolution nor my understanding thereof (the topic of the thread). Hence, why I don't want the thread devolving into a such a discussion.
Only you said the same thing about fish eyes...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm dubious.

What, that there are actually people who believe that science is lying 100% about all of creation not just evolution.

So if science (or people of science) will not state truths about creation, starting several 1000's years back. Why should i all of the sudden say, hey this part now i believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

The "life came to Earth in stardust" is panspermia and it involves microscopic life forms arriving on Earth from other worlds in meteors.

That the Earth itself is condensed from dust made in prior generations of stars, especially exploding ones, is just fact.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "life came to Earth in stardust" is panspermia and it involves microscopic life forms arriving on Earth from other worlds in meteors.

That the Earth itself is condensed from dust made in prior generations of stars, especially exploding ones, is just fact.

Everything physically is from the death of a star it’s not sci fi we are made up physically of star dirt.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
What, that there are actually people who believe that science is lying 100% about all of creation not just evolution.

So if science (or people of science) will not state truths about creation, starting several 1000's years back. Why should i all of the sudden say, hey this part now i believe.
Yeah, exactly.

You said that "Science convinced me that evolution is not true", but you don't have any understanding or awareness of the details of science. You have illogical conspiracy theories that are totally at odds with scientific evidence specifically and the reality of the world around you generally.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Everything physically is from the death of a star it’s not sci fi we are made up physically of star dirt.

Panspermia is a sci-fi solution.

Heavy element production in stars is science.

I've not said anything contrary to these two statements.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.