Why creationists can never convince me that evolution is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Todd Wood has written about this in his own words:

Creationist students, listen to me very carefully: There is evidence for evolution, and evolution is an extremely successful scientific theory.
Todd Wood, listen to me:

Science can take a hike.​

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are certainly not the first son to go off and explore the world. So tell me what science says by creating life in the beginning by computer simulations of soup in the beginning I’ve read on it and was built by humans the computer programmed to do what it does and then thinks that it equals the natural process yea right but not by design
It’s not in most university yet but the wheel will spin until there is nothing left but by design. A lot things are not taught at universities
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Evolution is about how various species formed from earlier life forms. It states that by natural selection and other processes life diversified into many species. Creationism claims that a god spoke them into existence separately without development.

Creationism *also* claims that life didn't exist before it was spoken into existence by the god, but evolution says nothing about the origin of life.

Creationism *also* (seems to) claims that the Earth, Sun, Moon, Stars, and Universe were also spoken into existence by the same god. Evolution says nothing about these, since those are not biology.

One can accept evolution in a universe, or on an Earth created by a god, even with life started, but not evolved by said god. This may not be a position you hold, but many believers do hold it. (I once did.)

As far as without development I guess I am not a creationist per say to be honest I don’t label myself other than a believer in a Creator of all the processes of evolution no one can deny metamorphosis, mutations adaptions, regeneration and other things of nature if people want to call all those things evolution it’s just a name that is it.

inspired to a people who knew nothing of biology long ago for a reason because man does know biology today and no longer needs to be just spoken it’s clearly known by studying nature there is no excuses.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So tell me what science says by creating life in the beginning by computer simulations of soup in the beginning I’ve read on it and was built by humans the computer programmed to do what it does and then thinks that it equals the natural process yea right but not by design

Origin of life research is primarily done in chemistry labs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.

The first part about the son I think you do,

the latter about the science sorry it was something mentioned in another post earlier I assume you had read it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
With everything to produce it man made, that’s not a natural example it’s induced which is designed.

That's not my point. OOL research is a laboratory effort, not a computational one. I don't feel like trying to beat my head against the keyboard to try to convince anyone that it isn't "artificial" and therefore useless.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Except how it came to be is vastly different. the vast majority of evolutionist do not believe a universe could be design created, not sure exactly what the theory is by chance or luck or whatever that point is no where near being solved and I don’t think it will looking at nature in that way a thoughtless process without any coordination

It doesn't matter what the "vast majority" of evolutionists believe in this case, and I highly doubt that it's even a majority. It doesn't affect the Theory of Evolution itself. The theory starts with a population of life forms. How that population came to be has no scientific theory of its own at this point. The Theory of Evolution works perfectly fine if a creator created that first population of life forms.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not my point. OOL research is a laboratory effort, not a computational one. I don't feel like trying to beat my head against the keyboard to try to convince anyone that it isn't "artificial" and therefore useless.

Do they use dishes and jars and syringes and other things to produce it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do they use dishes and jars and syringes and other things to produce it.

Like I said, I'm not going to get into it about whether OOL experiments are appropriate set ups for a pre-biotic Earth. That's not the point of my response, nor the overall thread.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
yes i am and I have no problem with designed evolution.

can you tell me when and how the butterfly stem cell is turned on and what turns it on to create the structure of the butterfly from soup of the old caterpillar.

learning of nature man has come along way yet its still just a grain of sand to fully understand.

How does the many kinds of mantis shrimp have advance vision. no other type of shrimp or animal on the planet has that kind of vision were did it evolve from if not designed. man can not even create optics that good but nature did it all without thought or knowledge just simply by chance yea right that is something that evolutionist cannot grasp or just will not.

i do have the bible and Romans 1 speaks of that very thing.

Romans 1
19 For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

So you believe that amphibians evolved from fish and that reptiles evolved from amphibians and that mammals evolved from reptiles and that we evolved from said mammals? And you believe that this was a design process utilized by God?

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't matter what the "vast majority" of evolutionists believe in this case, and I highly doubt that it's even a majority. It doesn't affect the Theory of Evolution itself. The theory starts with a population of life forms. How that population came to be has no scientific theory of its own at this point. The Theory of Evolution works perfectly fine if a creator created that first population of life forms.

Actually there is some out there, Star dust theory and I believe in that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.