Why can't I hear nor feel God when I need him the most?

Wendy Soo

God saved me.
Oct 1, 2023
Victoria (name)
✟9,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm tired. My life has been nothing but depression and suffering for the last 10 years. I've essentially become a hermit paralyzed by illness and fear. Brute forcing my way to positivity just causes me to break down and lose myself.

I've been a faithful Christian the whole time. Yet I'm so numb. Nothing feels good, life is painful and I feel so far away from God. I'm in a dark place. Sometimes wishing that I was never born.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brute forcing my way to positivity just causes me to break down and lose myself.
I'd never encourage one to think just being "positive" is an answer for you. One can be positive all they want but if it's a worldly positive well it can yield some good results but what one really needs is the word of God and spiritual power We find that in the promises of God and the word of God and that will make one positive but it's a true positivity.

What does God say about our situation and if we declare and decree what he says and in doing this by faith God releases his grace. eg. One can say all they want I can do all things....a positive affirmation but we need to connect with it through Christ Jesus and thank him for his help. I'd sure like to tell you there will be no spiritual battles you'll have to face....problem is that's just not the case.

We're all in this world and everyone has their difficulties in life. If I told you what I've gone through in life and compared with your life....who knows....maybe I or others have passed through even more difficult waters than you. Regardless God has told us we need to have a mind set that we're a soldier in this world. Eph 6:10

Being such we do need to push against and make a decision we're going to see the manifestation and goodness of God in our lives. Easy? Not always. It's a fight....but it's a good fight of faith. but we do need to embrace with all tenacity the fact that God loves us and he will see us through.
I've been a faithful Christian the whole time. Yet I'm so numb. Nothing feels good, life is painful and I feel so far away from God.
We've all felt that at times. One thing for a fact God is not far away.....that's impossible. That's a mere worldly perception. He said if we're a Christian he will never leave us or forsake us.....and he told us he will never leave us or forsake us so that we can do something......and what's that? Heb 13: 5,6

That we may BOLDLY say the Lord is my helper! Heb 13:5,6 Yes we must rise up, shake the junk out of our minds, that is the lies and deceptions which say that's not true and hold fast with thanksgiving what God say he is to us.
I'm in a dark place. Sometimes wishing that I was never born.
I've been in such dark places before but made a decision I was going to come into the light. A battle? Yes but I made a decision I was NEVER, EVER going to allow Satan to have a smile on his face in regard to getting me down. NEVER!

Jesus wants our joy to be full which doesn't mean all outward circumstances will be hunky dory all the time but we commit to the end result that we're going to have a good testimony of how God brought us through to the end that we might encourage another. God Bless!

Reactions: Wendy Soo
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to seek God, its best if you could go to a church where they seek Gods power and presence and Holy spirit. Better if they deal with issues and try to help people but,
Just going to meetings, where God is there, his presence, is going to change your life, i learned that as christians we can't survive on our own, because Jesus promised to send eternal life and blessings, and to be with us when we gather together, even if the church is not perfect, and people show a lot of mistakes, the main thing is if Gods presence is there, we need to lit the flame of the Spirit, praying, reading, and going to a good church is the most important imho.

Reactions: Wendy Soo
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm tired. My life has been nothing but depression and suffering for the last 10 years. I've essentially become a hermit paralyzed by illness and fear. Brute forcing my way to positivity just causes me to break down and lose myself.

I've been a faithful Christian the whole time. Yet I'm so numb. Nothing feels good, life is painful and I feel so far away from God. I'm in a dark place. Sometimes wishing that I was never born.

He is bringing you to a place where the only path you can take is in ...

Upvote 0

Wendy Soo

God saved me.
Oct 1, 2023
Victoria (name)
✟9,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
你需要寻求上帝,如果你能去教堂寻求上帝的力量、存在和圣灵,那是最好的。如果他们处理问题并尝试帮助人们,那就更好了,但是,
只要去参加聚会,那里有神,他的存在,就会改变你的生活,我了解到,作为基督徒,我们无法靠自己生存,因为耶稣应许会赐下永生和祝福,并与我们同在。我们聚集在一起,即使教会并不完美,人们表现出很多错误,主要的是如果神的同在在那里,我们需要点燃圣灵的火焰,祈祷,阅读,去一个好的教会恕我直言,这是最重要的。
是的,我现在每周都去教堂。

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Call to Jesus, pray a lot to him, say to him all your issues, say you want him in charge of your life, just name him, jesus jesus help me, there is no other name greater in the whole universe, say i feel bad please help, tell to him all your problems, make this an habit if you don't do already, of keeping in contact with God, prayer life is so important, we need to pray always, stay in contact with God, God promised that if we cry out to him, he will respond, even with things nobody saw or heard.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you repenting sins to God??
Sins are roads block to God hearing prayers. Psalm chapter 50.

Are you studying the bible??
James chapter 1. Be doers of the word. God doesn't listen to hearers of the word. Its lip service.

To be doers of word. Is spirtual growth and producing fruit for God.

James chapter 2 . Faith and works go together. Those with dead works, God won't listen to them. God wants Christian people to produce fruit. It's sharing Gods truth with others.

I'm not judging anyone or criticizing anyone.

Be sincere and diligent about God. Repent and study the bible.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,381.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What do you eat and drink?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know this may be an odd consideration, but what is your sugar intake?
I struggled with sluggishness for many years until I quit sugar drinks and then sugar altogether. It was like coming out of a daze.
Just a thought. Blessing to you.

Upvote 0