driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,784.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
First thing that's very obvious is that your "good read" doesn't have any single reference. There are thousands and thousand research papers about the theory of evolution or about human evolution specific, and yet not one is mentioned, addressed, refuted or acknowledged.

I wonder how you can refute an entire field of science without addressing not a single paper written about that science.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
The precise lineage of humans is unclear but the candidates are well-established. This author appears to have no qualifications in the field, yet is judging skulls by how they look to him and opining that the consensus of expert opinion is 'impossible'. Given that he's also editor of conspiracy and fringe pseudoscience nonsense fluff like 'The Truth about Extra Terrestrials' and 'Understanding Reality', my Bayesian priors for his reliability and credibility are rock-bottom.

That's before his logical and factual errors. For example, other primates are not 5 to 10 times stronger than we are:

“There’s this idea out there that chimpanzees are superhuman strong,” says Matthew O’Neill at the University of Arizona in Phoenix. Yet his team’s experiments and computer models show that a chimpanzee muscle is only about a third stronger than a human one of the same size.

This result matches well with the few tests that have been done, which suggest that when it comes to pulling and jumping, chimps are about 1.5 times as strong as humans relative to their body mass. But because they are lighter than the average person, humans can actually outperform them in absolute terms, say O’Neill.

His findings suggest that other apes have similar muscle strength to chimpanzees. “Humans are the odd ones,” he says.

And this comment seems odd: "Most damningly (for Darwinism), there is not a single human bone in the supposed pre-human fossil record." - would you expect to find human bones in the pre-human fossil record?

My conclusion? Meh.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh my word! You mean the entire scientific establishment is mistaken?
Yes.
doubtingmerle said:
Please, please, share the evidence that led you to this conclusion.
The same evidence that is available to you is available to us.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are thousands and thousand research papers about the theory of evolution or about human evolution specific, and yet not one is mentioned, addressed, refuted or acknowledged.
And yet it's still just a theory.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, clearly not. What makes you ask - do you think somehow it might? If so, please explain how.

I always like to use the diffusion analogy, like when you stir up a cup of coffee.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First thing that's very obvious is that your "good read" doesn't have any single reference. There are thousands and thousand research papers about the theory of evolution or about human evolution specific, and yet not one is mentioned, addressed, refuted or acknowledged.

I wonder how you can refute an entire field of science without addressing not a single paper written about that science.

As an atheist you are bound by your non belief in God. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The precise lineage of humans is unclear but the candidates are well-established. This author appears to have no qualifications in the field, yet is judging skulls by how they look to him and opining that the consensus of expert opinion is 'impossible'. Given that he's also editor of conspiracy and fringe pseudoscience nonsense fluff like 'The Truth about Extra Terrestrials' and 'Understanding Reality', my Bayesian priors for his reliability and credibility are rock-bottom.

That's before his logical and factual errors. For example, other primates are not 5 to 10 times stronger than we are:

“There’s this idea out there that chimpanzees are superhuman strong,” says Matthew O’Neill at the University of Arizona in Phoenix. Yet his team’s experiments and computer models show that a chimpanzee muscle is only about a third stronger than a human one of the same size.

This result matches well with the few tests that have been done, which suggest that when it comes to pulling and jumping, chimps are about 1.5 times as strong as humans relative to their body mass. But because they are lighter than the average person, humans can actually outperform them in absolute terms, say O’Neill.

His findings suggest that other apes have similar muscle strength to chimpanzees. “Humans are the odd ones,” he says.

And this comment seems odd: "Most damningly (for Darwinism), there is not a single human bone in the supposed pre-human fossil record." - would you expect to find human bones in the pre-human fossil record?

My conclusion? Meh.

My conclusion? Meh, atheist. ;)

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Better still, show me the missing link?

94659-120-E4003AF0.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status