United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I was always under the impression that the women who gathered outside of abortion mills were there to try to talk women out of killing their babies.
Yes, that's called harassment.
Once more, to make absolutely sure you don't miss it again:
I don't participate in picketing abortion mills
Thank you very much for not taking part. :)

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well here's something interesting...

http://www.onenewsnow.com/legal-courts/2013/08/09/pregnant-teens-can’t-be-forced-to-have-abortions-–-by-anyone#.VV_ULkxlAuo

Under Texas law it's actually illegal to pressure a child to abort. Hmmm...

Apparently at least one Texas attorney thinks it's illegal in any state to a child of less than 18 to be threatened with being "thrown out" unless she aborts...as that's tantamount to child abandonment.

I would have expected it to be against the law...but that is beside the point. Do you think these girls are going to run to the child protection people, or maybe call the police? That would be like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.
It's kinda like reporting rape...do you have any idea how much rape, or sexual abuse goes on that is never reported?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the deliberate killing of an innocent child in his mother's womb is murder...and murder most foul. The murder of a child, for no other reason than that he is 'inconvenient". It is vile, and disgusting. And yes, it is shameful. I am ashamed that the society I live in could have sunk so low that we are killing our own children.
You might be surprised to know that 61% of women in the United States who have abortions already have a child. 34% have more than one child. They're actually doing what they think is best for their children, but I'm sure it's much easier to just think of them as heartless monsters who hate children and only care about themselves. Imagining people complexly instead of creating an "us vs. them" dynamic just complicates things.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, not because the law is different, but because in the second case, there is no propaganda machine, lying to the girl, trying to convince her that what she is doing is the same thing as having a wart removed.

You obviously did not read my post. Let me repeat it for you here:
I've never really seen these "foaming at the mouth fanatics". I don't participate in picketing abortion mills...I don't really have time. I did participate in a march on Montgomery once, with a sign my artistic daughter had made for me...it depicted a sad looking stork with an empty blanket...a tear dropping from his eye as he watched the former occupant of that blanket fly away toward heaven...
I was always under the impression that the women who gathered outside of abortion mills were there to try to talk women out of killing their babies.

Once more, to make absolutely sure you don't miss it again:
I don't participate in picketing abortion mills
I made it extra large, in case you might have trouble reading smaller type...

Dear Lord, have mercy. So, you work in a morgue or something?
I guess dealing with death on a regular basis, a person would have to be pretty cold blooded...otherwise you'd go insane.
I've always wondered how folks with jobs like that managed to live normal lives...

What propaganda machine? You mean the commercials (I've never seen one)? Or maybe the angry pro abortion throngs outside the hospital delivery rooms (never seen that either)? You actually have to go to PP for any information from them...so again...what are you talking about?

I just visited their website, and guess what? They offer a wide range of post abortion support (the non-judgemental type) for anyone seeking it. Those heartless monsters lol.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
And here we find an answer finally...

http://womensissues.about.com/od/teenpregnancy/a/TeenAbortReasons.htm

Reasons most teens have an abortion...

"Not wanting their lives changed by the birth of a baby
Not being able to afford a baby
Not feeling mature or responsible enough to raise a child"

Please note that "my parents pressured me" isn't there. Im not saying it doesn't happen...but it's certainly not the most common reason. Not even the top three.

What do you think of your little murderers now Bard? Are we done with the hyperbole?

As I say, I can only tell what I have seen. Those answers sound "coached" to me...however, I can't speak of what I do not know. Once again, I go by what the girls have told me. Silly me...to think they'd tell their counselor something they might not say while their being polled...

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You might be surprised to know that 61% of women in the United States who have abortions already have a child. 34% have more than one child. They're actually doing what they think is best for their children, but I'm sure it's much easier to just think of them as heartless monsters who hate children and only care about themselves. Imagining people complexly instead of creating an "us vs. them" dynamic just complicates things.

I don't think of them as heartless monsters. I think of them as trapped in their own foolishness.
I don't hate them...I pity them.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As I say, I can only tell what I have seen. Those answers sound "coached" to me...however, I can't speak of what I do not know. Once again, I go by what the girls have told me. Silly me...to think they'd tell their counselor something they might not say while their being polled...

Of course... if your opinions were based on facts or reality, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Nope, you believe what you've been told...on faith.

So far I've...

Exposed a horribly illogical double standard you hold towards murder.

Exposed your perceptions of abortion as false.

Exposed your misunderstanding of those who actually provide abortion and care afterwards.

Are we done yet?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think of them as heartless monsters. I think of them as trapped in their own foolishness.
I don't hate them...I pity them.
That's fine. And more generous than how a lot of people feel.

I really don't have a problem with people being against abortion. Or same-sex marriage, or a number of other things. I just don't want them to make those decisions for other people under the law.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Of course... if your opinions were based on facts or reality, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Nope, you believe what you've been told...on faith.

So far I've...

Exposed your misunderstanding of those who actually provide abortion and care afterwards.

Are we done yet?

You haven't convinced me of anything at all...
And you didn't answer my question...
You said that a dead child was something you had to deal with regularly in your line of work...detailing for me the little two or three year old you saw "swollen and blue lipped" with his twenty year old mother.
And I asked you...do you work in a morgue or something similar?
Because that would explain a lot...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

So far I've...

Are we done yet?

Yes, you are right...when a young woman comes to me after she's had an abortion, and she tells me how horrible her experience was, and how she is having trouble coming to grips with what she has done...when she speaks to me of thoughts of suicide, of feeling guilty, of feeling worthless, of feeling used and no good to anyone...yes, I "take it on faith" that she is telling me the truth.
And I do my level best to give her the love and the counseling that she so desperately needs.
Yes, I do it as a Christian, and I'm sorry if you don't agree with that...but some of my girls have kept in touch with me for years, inviting me to their weddings, bringing their new babies to see me...and many of those kids call me "Nana".
I have cherished the experience of cuddling a living child in my arms where there would have been one more little corpse, rotting in a dumpster behind some slaughter house...erm...abortion mill...
I feel like I'm doing the right thing by these girls, and this silly argument with some strange atheist on the internet is not going to convince me that I have wasted the last thirty years of my life.

Are we done yet?
Yeah...I think we are...

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I've noticed this about some people who are pro-life. I've had this conversation. I asked how they could treat me like a normal person when they quite literally feel that I'm in favor of keeping infanticide legal. They really couldn't manage to conjure up the same feelings towards me that they feel towards the rare psychopath who thinks actual infanticide is moral. I'm not sure this means that their feelings about the matter aren't genuine, however. I suppose even pro-life people have been desensitized.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are, as my sweet old Gramma used to tell me, two sides to every story:

http://liveaction.org/blog/my-planned-parenthood-abortion-story/
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/l...passes-for-counseling-at-planned-parenthood-a

"and," she would add, "the truth is usually somewhere in the middle."

Lol "live action" and "life site news"

Surely these aren't biased sources? Funny, I avoided posting any pro-abortion sites for my info...you apparently don't understand the need in avoiding bias when seeking facts.

I'm genuinely shocked. Really.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you are right...when a young woman comes to me after she's had an abortion, and she tells me how horrible her experience was, and how she is having trouble coming to grips with what she has done...when she speaks to me of thoughts of suicide, of feeling guilty, of feeling worthless, of feeling used and no good to anyone...yes, I "take it on faith" that she is telling me the truth.
And I do my level best to give her the love and the counseling that she so desperately needs.
Yes, I do it as a Christian, and I'm sorry if you don't agree with that...but some of my girls have kept in touch with me for years, inviting me to their weddings, bringing their new babies to see me...and many of those kids call me "Nana".
I have cherished the experience of cuddling a living child in my arms where there would have been one more little corpse, rotting in a dumpster behind some slaughter house...erm...abortion mill...
I feel like I'm doing the right thing by these girls, and this silly argument with some strange atheist on the internet is not going to convince me that I have wasted the last thirty years of my life.

Are we done yet?
Yeah...I think we are...

You misunderstood me, ma'am. I know it's already too late for you.

I just wanted to expose hypocrisy for what it is, maybe someone reading this will avoid the mistakes you've made. The truth would speak for itself if liars didn't scream so loudly.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That's fine. And more generous than how a lot of people feel.

I really don't have a problem with people being against abortion. Or same-sex marriage, or a number of other things. I just don't want them to make those decisions for other people under the law.

I could care less about same sex marriage. A state issued license is nothing but a business arrangement anyway, and has absolutely nothing to do with marriage as defined by God. Let old Aunt Lucy marry her horse for all I care...as long as they are both happy, it's none of anyone else's business.

Abortion on the other hand...that is a very different issue. No, it should not be legal to murder a child...in or outside of the womb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed this about some people who are pro-life. I've had this conversation. I asked how they could treat me like a normal person when they quite literally feel that I'm in favor of keeping infanticide legal. They really couldn't manage to conjure up the same feelings towards me that they feel towards the rare psychopath who thinks actual infanticide is moral. I'm not sure this means that their feelings about the matter aren't genuine, however. I suppose even pro-life people have been desensitized.

I think it speaks to the nature of morality itself. Quite remarkable what people will accept as normal if it's all they've ever known.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Mar 1, 2015
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You misunderstood me, ma'am. I know it's already too late for you.

I just wanted to expose hypocrisy for what it is, maybe someone reading this will avoid the mistakes you've made. The truth would speak for itself if liars didn't scream so loudly.

Sir, am I to understand that you are calling me a liar and a hypocrite?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I could care less about same sex marriage. A state issued license is nothing but a business arrangement anyway, and has absolutely nothing to do with marriage as defined by God. Let old Aunt Lucy marry her horse for all I care...as long as they are both happy, it's none of anyone else's business.

Abortion on the other hand...that is a very different issue. No, it should not be legal to murder a child...in or outside of the womb.
It's really noble of you to decide what should and shouldn't be for others... really.

Imagine your world if I did that for you.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Abortion is the trickiest issue of all, in my opinion, since the disagreement is really over whether or not someone's rights are being violated. With things like same-sex marriage, it's easy. Once you get people on board with the idea that people should be able to make their own life decisions and that victimless sins should be legal, everyone is in agreement. There's no non-consenting participant in a same-sex marriage in the US. Abortion is different in some people's minds, as you said.

So while I don't think your beliefs about abortion are a reason to make it illegal, I understand where pro-life people are coming from.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.