Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday a woman was shot and killed by her estranged husband on the Penn State Beaver campus. The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. Officials: 2 dead in possible murder-suicide at Penn State Beaver campus.

Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male? This ranges from husbands shooting their spouses/former spouses to and boyfriends shooting their girlfriends to male students shooting teachers/classmates to workplace shootings to mass killings such as what happened in Las Vegas.

Three questions: 1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

When 9/11 occurred I recall some people saying that we would be safer if we removed all Muslims from the US. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Thoughts?

I remember listening to Focus On The Family many years ago and it was mentioned that in the womb, at 16 weeks, the mother secretes an enzyme that doesn't affect the brain of a female, but wipes clean the male. Dr. Dobson said, this is why females are more intuitive and emotional. Those traits are no longer in a male.

Therefore, it could be regarding the OP that men don't think twice about using deadly force, whereas a woman's mind overcomes those tendencies because of not wanting to cause pain.

Just a thought.

• Informative
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday a woman was shot and killed by her estranged husband on the Penn State Beaver campus. The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. Officials: 2 dead in possible murder-suicide at Penn State Beaver campus.

Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male? This ranges from husbands shooting their spouses/former spouses to and boyfriends shooting their girlfriends to male students shooting teachers/classmates to workplace shootings to mass killings such as what happened in Las Vegas.

Three questions: 1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

When 9/11 occurred I recall some people saying that we would be safer if we removed all Muslims from the US. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Thoughts?
Hmmm, the gun looks quite a bit like one of those phalic symbols those literary types point out every so often, the action the gun is making would seem more intuitive to a man when you look at it that way.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@RDKirk I'm guessing you are not going to respond at this point? do you need me to resend my post?

I did respond.

Your counter-response indicated you were really only interested in making your own point, so I allowed you to make it.

Getting in the last word doesn't interest me. You're free to have it.

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
@RDKirk I just double checked through the thread in case I missed it and no, you didn't respond to my question. No, I'm not interested in the last word, I'm guessing you didn't read my question to you since it was clear what I was looking for, I was interested in your response and you elaborating on your point, so I guess I'll just resend it, since I'm guessing you missed it.

I'm not understanding your point. are you saying that because men are more gusto about it then that makes them bad or something? which makes women somehow more good? are you saying all women are logical and all men are not? how does this relate to the OP's question? can you elaborate a little more?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@RDKirk I just double checked through the thread in case I missed it and no, you didn't respond to my question. No, I'm not interested in the last word, I'm guessing you didn't read my question to you since it was clear what I was looking for, I was interested in your response and you elaborating on your point, so I guess I'll just resend it, since I'm guessing you missed it.

I'm not understanding your point. are you saying that because men are more gusto about it then that makes them bad or something? which makes women somehow more good? are you saying all women are logical and all men are not? how does this relate to the OP's question? can you elaborate a little more?

No, I'm not saying those things.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Mostly its down to patriarchy and a culture of toxic masculinity.

For all his blood and guts and anti-semitism, Mel Gibson's two last movies (Apocalypto, Hacksaw Ridge) have critiqued toxic masculinity. The antagonists in the film are men that use violence to dominate others, whereas the protagonists are all men that struggle to protect their families and comrades against violence, in one case through rejecting violence altogether.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mostly its down to patriarchy and a culture of toxic masculinity.

For all his blood and guts and anti-semitism, Mel Gibson's two last movies (Apocalypto, Hacksaw Ridge) have critiqued toxic masculinity. The antagonists in the film are men that use violence to dominate others, whereas the protagonists are all men that struggle to protect their families and comrades against violence, in one case through rejecting violence altogether.

It's more a problem of no longer having a masculine culture that is not toxic.

Most people's idea (that is, most feminists' idea) of a non-toxic masculine culture is one that is not masculine at all. "Struggle to protect their families and comrades" is existential to a non-toxic masculine culture, and when society strips that away, it leaves a toxic residue.

Very often, the "struggle to protect their families and comrades" is based on factors that are in their own way inclined toward toxic ends, such as "preserve the purity of the race."

But managing this is a matter of pruning and redirecting masculine culture, like growing a bonsai tree, rather than cutting off masculine culture at the root or trying to change it to a different species.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@RDKirk I'm guessing you are not going to respond at this point? do you need me to resend my post?

The question was "why are most shooters male?"

I gave a real-world example of how men and women in a specific occupation of "shooting" have a fundamentally different psychological view of their occupation. Consideration of this "why" must included this fundamentally different psychological view. Women appear to need additional rationale that men don't need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@RDKirk ok...and how do you feel this relates to the OP's question? the fact that women appear to need additional rationale then men.

If men inherently need less rationale (and there are reasons why that's a good thing beneficial to species survival), then society must provide additional rationale or effective steering of that tendency toward socially advantageous violence...otherwise clearly men would resort to socially disadvantageous violence more often than women.

• Winner
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's more a problem of no longer having a masculine culture that is not toxic.

Most people's idea (that is, most feminists' idea) of a non-toxic masculine culture is one that is not masculine at all. "Struggle to protect their families and comrades" is existential to a non-toxic masculine culture, and when society strips that away, it leaves a toxic residue.

Very often, the "struggle to protect their families and comrades" is based on factors that are in their own way inclined toward toxic ends, such as "preserve the purity of the race."

But managing this is a matter of pruning and redirecting masculine culture, like growing a bonsai tree, rather than cutting off masculine culture at the root or trying to change it to a different species.
Hello RD - Feminism is like Christianity in that what people believe varies enormously. I identify as a feminist. The things that matter to me are things like domestic violence, sexual assault and child sexual abuse. And I am also concerned for women developing nations who dont enjoy the right to vote, drive a car, gain an education, or decide for themselves who they want to marry.

I really cant see whats so horrible about those aspirations or why any guys should feel threatened (and in some cases abusive) that Im a feminist and these are the things I want to focus on.

I dont for the record care about what type of man a male aspires to - whether that's the alpha type or something more gentile. Women will gravitate to the male of their preference and as long as the guy is good to his partner then Im fine with it.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male?

All the usual standard differences between males and females come to mind. Some of them have already been mentioned in this thread. Why those gender traits that distinguish men from women sometimes manifest in men in murderous violence is not, I think, so much a matter of biology but of cultural, moral and spiritual factors. I also think of what the prophet Jeremiah wrote about all human hearts:

Jeremiah 17:9
9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Misanthropy is not the answer to the evil that men do. That's just playing into the ideology and politics of the increasingly neo-Marxist, "progressive" left. Men (and women) need to be transformed by their Creator into "new creatures in Christ." Men don't have a monopoly on sin; women are, in their own way, just as desperately wicked as their male counterparts. And God will judge and punish both sexes for the evil that they do.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Women tend to direct their anger inward, whereas men are more likely to express anger in an outward display of aggression. This may be due to nature or nurture, hard to say. Women are definitely socialized not to express anger as much. This also accounts for why women who attempt suicide do so using less violent means (such as pills) whereas men use more violent means like guns.

There are a lot of factors that come to play in this issue.

Upvote 0