Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday a woman was shot and killed by her estranged husband on the Penn State Beaver campus. The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. Officials: 2 dead in possible murder-suicide at Penn State Beaver campus.

Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male? This ranges from husbands shooting their spouses/former spouses to and boyfriends shooting their girlfriends to male students shooting teachers/classmates to workplace shootings to mass killings such as what happened in Las Vegas.

Three questions: 1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

When 9/11 occurred I recall some people saying that we would be safer if we removed all Muslims from the US. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Thoughts?

..."remove all men"... -- preposterous!

Transformation is what Jesus does and came to do. To be sure it is a slow process but any second choice is not even a serious option.

Reactions: SeraTaru
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello RD - Feminism is like Christianity in that what people believe varies enormously. I identify as a feminist. The things that matter to me are things like domestic violence, sexual assault and child sexual abuse. And I am also concerned for women developing nations who dont enjoy the right to vote, drive a car, gain an education, or decide for themselves who they want to marry.

I really cant see whats so horrible about those aspirations or why any guys should feel threatened (and in some cases abusive) that Im a feminist and these are the things I want to focus on.

I dont for the record care about what type of man a male aspires to - whether that's the alpha type or something more gentile. Women will gravitate to the male of their preference and as long as the guy is good to his partner then Im fine with it.

I take it you're not the mother of a son, in which case you would (or should) care about what type of man a male aspires to.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I take it you're not the mother of a son, in which case you would (or should) care about what type of man a male aspires to.
Oh I didn't mean it quite like that. I'd want a son to be a good person who lives to his potential.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hello RD - Feminism is like Christianity in that what people believe varies enormously. I identify as a feminist. The things that matter to me are things like domestic violence, sexual assault and child sexual abuse. And I am also concerned for women developing nations who dont enjoy the right to vote, drive a car, gain an education, or decide for themselves who they want to marry.

I really cant see whats so horrible about those aspirations or why any guys should feel threatened (and in some cases abusive) that Im a feminist and these are the things I want to focus on.

I dont for the record care about what type of man a male aspires to - whether that's the alpha type or something more gentile. Women will gravitate to the male of their preference and as long as the guy is good to his partner then Im fine with it.
Many people who do not identify as feminists care very deeply too about things like domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. Many who do not identify with feminists, but agree with certain goals of feminists, such as fundamentalists on the issue of inappropriate contentography, or neocons on the lack of rights of women in developing nations, have found the feminists to be a wall to common goals, rather than a common door.
It is right wing radio, for example, who gives voice to Hirsi Ali, and the leaders and shakers of the feminist movement, who give voice to pro-sharia Linda Sarsour.

After two thousand years of Christianity, and maybe three thousand years of Biblical Judaism before that, we do have a pretty solid understanding of what Christianity is, in spite of the great variance among individual Christians. Thus far, individual idiosyncrasies do not go far in redefining what people understand when they conceptualize Christianity. When CNN reports on the Christian voice on an issue, they go to the Vatican, and maybe some prominent Evangelist in America.
Likewise, when they want the feminist voice, they go to those who have spent their lifetimes denigrating the patriarchy and encouraging alternate relationships that have little use for that strong masculine presence in the home. Women who share values with fundamentalists and neo-cons are never the source used to relay the feminist point of view to us.

It is not by accident that the voice of God's judgment presents itself to us as a masculine one. Women by their very nature of bearing children in effect are a civilizing force by definition of what womanhood is. The Hebrew word for compassion is womb, and it is by her very 'wombness' that a woman recreates our humanity into each successive generation. But for a man to become civilized, he must first own the voice of God as if it were his own voice.
It is through the patriarchy that boys become imprinted with the voice of God, that alone gives masculinity the direction required to build up a society, rather than destroy it in some toxic predatory or parasitic manner.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday a woman was shot and killed by her estranged husband on the Penn State Beaver campus. The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. Officials: 2 dead in possible murder-suicide at Penn State Beaver campus.

Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male? This ranges from husbands shooting their spouses/former spouses to and boyfriends shooting their girlfriends to male students shooting teachers/classmates to workplace shootings to mass killings such as what happened in Las Vegas.

Three questions: 1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

When 9/11 occurred I recall some people saying that we would be safer if we removed all Muslims from the US. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Thoughts?
When the created role of protector and defender is subverted to the darkness it becomes an attacker.
The abuse that happens when the role of nurturer is subverted is also apparent in our society and also causes significant damage.
Sin does not discriminate on grounds of gender but does work on the natural inclination of the flesh over whoever it has control.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0