Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yesterday a woman was shot and killed by her estranged husband on the Penn State Beaver campus. The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. Officials: 2 dead in possible murder-suicide at Penn State Beaver campus.

Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male? This ranges from husbands shooting their spouses/former spouses to and boyfriends shooting their girlfriends to male students shooting teachers/classmates to workplace shootings to mass killings such as what happened in Las Vegas.

Three questions: 1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

When 9/11 occurred I recall some people saying that we would be safer if we removed all Muslims from the US. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Thoughts?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite what many PC-types believe, there really are differences between males and females. There's biology, chemistry, hormones, personality. Sadly the male combination of things makes us the more violent of the species. I don't see that changing much.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yesterday a woman was shot and killed by her estranged husband on the Penn State Beaver campus. The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. Officials: 2 dead in possible murder-suicide at Penn State Beaver campus.

Why are the vast majority of those who shoot and kill people male? This ranges from husbands shooting their spouses/former spouses to and boyfriends shooting their girlfriends to male students shooting teachers/classmates to workplace shootings to mass killings such as what happened in Las Vegas.

Three questions: 1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

When 9/11 occurred I recall some people saying that we would be safer if we removed all Muslims from the US. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Thoughts?
Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.

Ummmmmm....aren't you a man?

'Jus sayin'.....

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite what many PC-types believe, there really are differences between males and females. There's biology, chemistry, hormones, personality. Sadly the male combination of things makes us the more violent of the species. I don't see that changing much.

Men and women do process information differently and have different priorities that appear to be gender-specific (and often not even limited to the species--other primates show some of the same gender tendencies).

"More violent" is a matter of context. One person has said (and this is something to think through to see its basic wisdom and application), "Men defend the perimeter, women defend the hearth."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thoughts?

Men and woman start out while fetuses pretty much the same. Then men get "hormone bath" that is a mix and regimen of more than one hormone in a sequence that results in fewer connections between the brain cells. You might remember some kids in high school that seem to have double-dipped in this man-i-fying procedure early on. It doesn't lower our IQ but leaves the brain to process things differently than females. And it's not a standardized process by far and some ladies are more butch and some men are not so manly.
I rarely burn food thanks to my ability to watch a pot boil. My wife often starts too many projects and smokes up the house when cooking. Every person is wired differently.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thoughts?

Testosterone ....

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

'Jus sayin'.....

I am. That doesn't mean I can't point out the horrible things that some members of my gender do. I stand by what i said in the OP.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will agree with Thinker - Testosterone has a large part in it.

This is not new. I read studies on this back in the 1960s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all men from the country.
the radical feminists of the 20th century wanted to remove all men from the gene pool period.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

SeraTaru

Dec 5, 2017
Belfast
✟16,390.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A similar thing happened not too far from me last year. In a supermarket car park. Headline news.

I turned to my second wife of 4 years and my first words were "poor man....I wonder what he was going through?".

Don't judge by outward appearances.

I've been through a divorce. I've been left literally with the clothes on my back and ended bankrupt. I have been deliberately cut out of my child's life and watch her go from a bright talented child to a miserable, self-harming and suicidal teen because of the venom and hatred that her mother pumps into her 24x7.

When we WERE married I was beaten, kicked, punched and once beaten with a metal bar. I was made to sleep in another room for 2 of the years of that marriage.

My daughter lives 9 miles from me. I've not seen her in 2 years because she has been so poisoned against me by a mother that won't work and spends all day self medicating and playing online computer games.

I have been powerless to stop this because the legal system is stacked completely against fathers.

All the while...my first wife has demanded more and more money every month. I have paid faithfully for ten years and still it goes on. The threats, the hatred, the persecution.

Unless you've been through this you have no idea what it does to you...so don't be so harsh to judge when a man in that situation reaches breaking point.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Men like to play God more. A lot of it can be control issues, but it ultimately comes down to disregarding the real God and taking on the role ourselves. For a moment, the shooter is powerful and holds life and death in his hands. It also takes a absence of empathy. When ego eclipses empathy, the other person becomes less than.

1) Why do women rarely commit such acts, 2) Why do some men seem to feel that they have a right to commit such acts, and 3) Why do these worthless pieces of trash not just take themselves out of the gene pool instead of hurting others?

1) I think they are more prone to empathy and less to ego. They also tend to have more interpersonal connections in the real world, whereas males may isolate more. The idea of 'winning' may also be more instrinsic to males, competetiveness and control.

2) I think this happens when they don't get what they feel they deserved from life, partners, society, circumstances. They begin to resent, and resentment is a kind of pre-meditation. They begin to isolate and live more in their mind where the fantasy of violence can play out without anyone noticing sometimes. There's are no consequences in the mind, you always win, you are always justified, you are always terrifying. There are spiritual consequences to these things and staying in these states however, but these aren't obvious to the person engaging in them either, so they can stay there for a long time before something obvious happens in the real world. Meanwhile, since they are less engaged with the real world (where they aren't 'winning') the process feeds itself.

Or it could go another way, an abusive relationship starts and is sustained. There are no consequences, the abuser has enough control that the abusee doesn't leave. They take further control as time goes on. What works, works. There is no reason to stop, and it's progressive. Maybe it's a model they've seen played out before. Maybe it's the only one they know. Again, they are 'playing God'. Over one particular person.

3) What you are seeing is an explosion of Ego, of someone choosing to 'play God'. Some suicides might actually be preventative homicides, maybe more than we know. But in general, it's not going to 'take itself out'. It's going to justify homicide because it believes it owns the control of something and it's going to exercise the control to the fullest even at the price of it's own destruction. Or it's going to let the world know 'how it really feels'

So I think it all comes down to Ego. Perhaps our nation would really be safer if we would instead remove all the Ego from the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

brinny said:

'Jus sayin'.....
I am. That doesn't mean I can't point out the horrible things that some members of my gender do. I stand by what i said in the OP.

See your quote above. You said "all men".

That would include "you", would it not?

How, per chance, would you go about "removing ALL men" (including yourself) from the country?

I'm just curious, you understand...

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the radical feminists of the 20th century wanted to remove all men from the gene pool period.

Really, that's the post-second-wave feminists. The second-wave feminists were staunchly of the belief that men and women process information differently--it was actually their base logic that men and women are different, and all areas of society needed the benefit of that difference.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
Don't worry, they'll catch up.
I certainly hope not.

Women are just as prone to sin as men are.

Using a tool or weapon to kill someone else is sin, and it begins in the heart where the root of all sin is.

It's sin.

Sin is gender-neutral.

It's from the enemy.

It cares not which gender one is.

We have all, many many times been angry enough with someone to wish they would disappear, etc. According to Jesus Himself, that is "murder".

Is that not true?

Upvote 0