Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe there are certain...

Things that are needed in order for a person to understand His Word:

#1. A person must be born again both by the Spirit (receive a new heart by the Spirit), and by water (Note: I believe being "born by water" is accepting that there is a perfect Word of God, and that it was Scripture by which helped to save you with God's Spirit and that the Holy Bible alone is the only words of God for believers today. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness so that the man of God may be perfect unto all good works - 2 Timothy 3:16-17; And Proverbs 30:5 says, "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.").

#2. We must ask God for the understanding on His Word (i.e. The "Anointing" teaches us so that we do not ultimately need any man to teach us - 1 John 2:27).

#3. We must study to show ourselves approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15) (Note: I believe number 2, and number 3 is buying the milk (the Word) without price as mentioned in Isaiah 55:1; Others think the Word or the milk must come with a price like going to a Bible school or something; Yet 1 Corinthians 2:13 says "we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.").

#4. We must accept the plainness of the words of what God's Word says. Just read it, and believe it. Habakkuk 2:2 says, "And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it."; Many today do not just read and believe their Bible plainly and they think that their Bible sometimes says something different because they think they are Biblical Hebrew and Greek experts (When in reality they are not). Sometimes a person may not like what a verse says so then they throw down the “original languages card” to try and explain away what that verse plainly says in the English. I believe God's Word preserved His Words for all generations and that they are pure words (Psalms 12:6-7). Why? Because that is what His Word says plainly.

#5. We must look at the whole counsel of God's Word (Acts of the Apostles 20:27). Look at the context and cross references to determine what a verse is saying. The Bereans were more noble because they compared the spoken Word of God with the written Word of God (Acts of the Apostles 7:10-11).

#6. We need to obey God's Word otherwise we will deceive our own selves (James 1:22). Paul said that if any man does not agree with the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine according to godliness, he is proud and he knows nothing (1 Timothy 6:3-4). Meaning: If any man does not act in accordance with doing the things Jesus said, or in living holy by the instruction of God's Word, they are proud and they have no real knowledge. They just let the seed of the Word of God enter the heart, and let it get quickly snatched out of their heart as they hope the Pastor finishes his sermon faster so they can watch sports at home, and or they can go out drinking with their buddies. In other words, a person cannot justify sin on some level, and understand God's Word. They cannot think God's grace is a safety net to sin in some way.

#7. We cannot think unjust things about the character of GOD from popular teachers throughout popular candy coated Christianity. I believe if we think GOD is capable of doing unjust things, this can greatly hinder or prevent the Lord from giving us the understanding of His Word. No offense if anyone believes in the following things: But in my opinion an example of this would be Calvinism (Especially Unconditional Election), and Eternal Conscious Torment. God is good. God is fair, just, and holy in everything He does.

Side Note 1:

This does not mean we are not capable of changing our minds on certain doctrines or beliefs in our continued study of God's Word. I believe we sometimes need to mature in our study of God's Word.

Check out this CF thread here:

What theological things were you mistaken about in your growing knowledge of God's Word?

Side Note 2:

But what teachers have been helpful for me? I like some of Kerrigan Skelly's videos (i.e. Pinpoint Evangelism).

This particular video here was truly an eye opener for me, and he simply read through the Scriptures and explained things as he went along in an easy to understand way.

Granted, I have not watched all his videos and or believe everything he teaches. I just happened to resonate with a few of the videos he has posted.

Alright. Thank you for sharing your theological perspective with me, BH. I may not agree with some of it, but I generally understand what you're communicating here.

We as Christians do need to be careful to discern the nature of various ideological elements we find in the world, with bona-fide sorcery/witchcraft/magic being one of the things we should obviously avoid. So, I don't think we're in disagreement on that specific point.

Again, thank you for taking the time to express your view on all of this!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wendi Coleman

Mar 24, 2021
INDIANAPOLIS
✟7,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When Christians crave for the supernatural but doesn't find it in the church anymore. Everyone has gone lukewarm. It's all about money and conforming to the evil world these days. The soul is so sick of it, it's staring to look at the wrong places.
Timewerx

Upvote 0

Wendi Coleman

Mar 24, 2021
INDIANAPOLIS
✟7,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Timewe
When Christians crave for the supernatural but doesn't find it in the church anymore. Everyone has gone lukewarm. It's all about money and conforming to the evil world these days. The soul is so sick of it, it's staring to look at the wrong places.

Timewerx I need your help. I have been dealing with demon oppression since I was very young, like age 3. I saw some of your posts. Please PM me, god bless.

Upvote 0

johnlxyz

Supporter
Jan 7, 2018
Aurora, OR
✟71,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These are a few verses that are related to my most important healing around 1993 --

Matthew 22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38) This is the first and great commandment.

James 5:16) … The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Upvote 0