Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah.....you guys are so much better with promoting selfishness, complacency that just spreads the fear even further by making this disease a thousand times worse then it should have been if people were not children.
I see you've been fully programmed. You obviously didn't actually read what I posted, else you wouldn't have responded as you did.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
And great job minimizing the deaths from previous years, as well as the deaths from suicides and jobs lost due to lock-downs and whatnot. Selfish, indeed...

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And great job minimizing the deaths from previous years, as well as the deaths from suicides and jobs lost due to lock-downs and whatnot. Selfish, indeed...

Yeah....lets pretend that the deaths are from the lockdown and not the fear of 2.5k people dying a day like you guys always do. Pretend we can't lock down because people die, how many people would have died without the lockdowns? Ever think of that, or think of the damage going on to the economy right now to selfish idiots going out without masks and spreading the disease? With nearing 1.5k deaths a day how many arn't going to be going out shopping and such? Your one dimensional thinking is frankly laughable.

at the rate deaths and infections are going up, how much longer can the US remain open?

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My freedom pales in comparison to my Christian duty and eternity. We must all decide is it more important to be a Christian or to be inconvenienced for a time and that can harm others (Matthew 7:12). You see a mask is not to help you it is to help others from getting something and it works as in the Missouri hair style who had covid and wore and the customers did also and no one got the disease. If a mask really the hill people want to die on when there are much more important things.

A taxi driver cought the virus despite his passengers wearing masks.

3 teachers all wore masks, gloves, used sanitizer and socially distanced YET 2 cought it from the one.

Yet we have these restriction, virtue signaling nonsense shoved down our throat.

Good point.

And it's not as though it should take a pandemic to consider the safety of others. I often wonder how many dutiful mask-wearers have been as concerned about others' safety in other areas of life, such as whenever they've indulged in some reckless driving. Or, another example -- smoking. If concern for others' well-being was that ingrained in their character, it will show outside of just wearing masks during a pandemic.

Also, the fear. Fear lowers ones immune system. If I truly care about the other guy's health, I will do everything possible to keep my fight-or-flight response in check, because otherwise I could get sick and give that illness to the other guy, or make him fearful enough to get sick. In that light, being fearful -- and promoting fear in others with the help of media brainwashing -- could be construed as being equally selfish.

The Narrative doesn't take that into consideration, though. We must obey The Narrative. ;)

-

Its good to look out for others, but there's more smarter ways of doing it without destroying peoples freedoms, jobs and businesses.

Like quorintine the weak, elderly and those with underlying conditions. Not punish the rest of the world in the process.

My family and your families lives are more important then self important selfish people that kill others

Wer not delebarately killing anybody. People die of numerious different things, not just covid and many of those others things aren't murder either.

Ohhhh half a million die every year.....good thing Covid hasn't done that in half a ...oh wait.

Worldwide 680k for coronavirus now. Thats also over half a million.

Well I'm sure in the USA it isn't that ba....oh wait 2X's that in half a year.

Take into account SEASON.

I can never take you guys seriously, all about your FRITUM!!!! while a thousand people are dying every day and this isn't even close to being a quarter finished. you better believe people with covid should be arrested for homicide if they knowingly spread it.

Key word, knowingly. Of course if your sick with any contagion you should avoid people and recover. But sometimes there's asymptomatic conditions and no one should be arrested for that at all.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,240,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah....lets pretend that the deaths are from the lockdown and not the fear of 2.5k people dying a day like you guys always do. Pretend we can't lock down because people die, how many people would have died without the lockdowns? Ever think of that, or think of the damage going on to the economy right now to selfish idiots going out without masks and spreading the disease? With nearing 1.5k deaths a day how many arn't going to be going out shopping and such? Your one dimensional thinking is frankly laughable.

at the rate deaths and infections are going up, how much longer can the US remain open?
Guess we're screwed either way.
Thanks for playing.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet that is what is happening because liberals hate anything conservative say and do even if it is beneficial and I do mean anything and so conservatives were put in a position where they have to respond in kind. So now anything Fauci and company say the liberals glam onto and conversely conservatives hate it. If liberals hadn't treated him and all science like gods and realized they are human and make mistakes than conservatives would not push back so hard. Like the mask debate many people and mostly liberals say well Fauci says to do it so it must be done yet he doesn't take it seriously himself shown by the fact that he was shown on video having fun with two people on video with his mask off and it wasn't just for a minute. The hypocrisy of the left is they will let him off without bringing him to task and the right makes to much a big deal out of everything.

The population doesn't know who to believe or what to do because away from the liberal/conservative nonsense and silliness there have been many lies. It would have been nice if the scientist just said we just don't know but no they had to have an ego trip because they been treated like gods and acted like they knew everything and made it political instantly when it hit our shores. Anyway my feelings and I am sick of both stupid sides

If the population is looking to politicians to know who or what to believe about coronavirus, that is a serious problem. If the problem is a medical problem, we should look to medical doctors. If the problem is a political problem, then look to the politicians.

This is NOT a political issue, and the sooner EVERYONE stops treating it like it is one, the sooner we can get this situation under control and begin to resolve this major crisis. Until then, while we sit about and bicker about politics our loved ones are dying and sustaining life long medical damage.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A taxi driver cought the virus despite his passengers wearing masks.

So, he caught it somewhere else then. I am sure he did more than take those passengers around

3 teachers all wore masks, gloves, used sanitizer and socially distanced YET 2 cought it from the one.

Yet we have these restriction, virtue signaling nonsense shoved down our throat.

They caught it from some where else. One thing, one thing they missed and they got it.

Its good to look out for others, but there's more smarter ways of doing it without destroying peoples freedoms, jobs and businesses.

Wearing a mask is in no way destroying freedom, it's no even in the Constitution one way or another.

Like quorintine the weak, elderly and those with underlying conditions. Not punish the rest of the world in the process.

Mask aren't punishing anyone

Were not deliberately killing anybody. People die of numerous different things, not just covid and many of those others things aren't murder either.

You are if you are asymptomatic and pass it on to someone

Worldwide 680k for coronavirus now. Thats also over half a million.

Take into account SEASON.

Key word, knowingly. Of course if your sick with any contagion you should avoid people and recover. But sometimes there's asymptomatic conditions and no one should be arrested for that at all.

Never said anyone should be arrested. We should be Christians first citizens of this world second and that means caring for others even if you don't think it does good or like it

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the population is looking to politicians to know who or what to believe about coronavirus, that is a serious problem. If the problem is a medical problem, we should look to medical doctors. If the problem is a political problem, then look to the politicians.

This is NOT a political issue, and the sooner EVERYONE stops treating it like it is one, the sooner we can get this situation under control and begin to resolve this major crisis. Until then, while we sit about and bicker about politics our loved ones are dying and sustaining life long medical damage.

Agreed but the problem is in the US at least the medical people are political too.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Its not selfish for me to refuse to cater to others fears of the virus, its selfish for them to demand i wear a mask to relieve there fears when THEY should feel secure behind there own mask or they can stay home and home shop.
But people are dying in massive numbers. The disease is spreading and contagion rates are going up. Death rates are very high now and will continue to be high, in USA.

Over half a million people die of the regular flu every year, yet people wer not wearing masks for that. Where wer all the VERTUE SIGNALLERS then?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu
"In the U.S., from Oct. 1, 2019 – Apr. 4, 2020, the CDC estimates that 24,000 to 62,000 people died from the flu."

In the same time period you have had 150,000 people die in USA from Covid-19. That's a three to six times the number of normal flu.
BUT its worse than that.
Feb 26 was the first case of community transmission in USA whereas the common flu death count as above was already in swing.
Feb 29 first COVID-19 death in USA
May 27 USA reaches 100,000 deaths. In three months since the first death Covid-19 killed 100K where as in 6 months normal flu killed around 24k to 62k. Covid killed 2 to 4 times as many in half the time.
July 29th USA reaches 150,000 deaths. Two months after 100K another 50K dead. This means 5 months of Covid-19 has killed three to six times as much as what all other flu strains have killed in USA in 6 months.

I have no idea why some people are still trying to make out that Covid is just another flu.

Its selfish to require us to wear a mask under the threat of no service, fines or worse jail.
It is selfish to complain about wearing a mask and citing "Well the risk on me is low"

My freedom and YOUR freedom and your children's freedom is much more important then living in a bubble. Where does the madness stop?
For people that are pro-life (meaning we value the lives of people in our community), it is important to do your bit to help stop/reduce the spread of a highly contagious deadly disease. For many of us, even if we weren't forced by law, and even if we aren't in a high risk group, we would gladly social distance and wear masks to save the lives of others in our community.

We have businesses being destroyed in the name of health and you call us selfish?
This is true, but ignoring the pandemic doesn't seem to be saving the economy, it actually prolongs the problem and means that the economy is impacted for longer.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It isn't as if Canada has more tools in her medical toolbox or more resources to combat COVID-19, so the difference must lie with leadership, co-ordination and the discipline to adhere to set guidelines - rather than taking shortcuts based on political considerations!

There are other factors that play a part... I know it's "low hanging fruit" for one to blame one leader they don't like, and compare it to a nation that has a leader they do like.

While leadership is one aspect, it's far from the only aspect.

Obesity is a major underlying factor (Canada's rates are much lower than ours).

Population density also plays a huge factor, we have much more densely populated areas than they do...as well as more centralized travel destinations within the country, as well as more international hubs.

Did the Trump admin make things worse, sure...but with or without Trump, the US would be having unique challenges that Canada doesn't with regards to pandemic response and stats.

Unless the implication is also willing to be accepted that Newsom and Cuomo lack leadership as well given their states have had pretty poor statistics with this whole thing?

It should be noted, that a similar disparity between the two nations existed for H1N1 as well.

CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

In Canada:
upload_2020-8-2_19-0-2.png

...and that was at a time when Obama was running the ship for the US, and Canada had the conservative Stephen Harper.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, he caught it somewhere else then. I am sure he did more than take those passengers around

They caught it from some where else. One thing, one thing they missed and they got it.

The taxi driver cought it from 3 passengers who wer wearing masks but wer found out to have covid.

The teachers, the article I read it did not say if they cought it somewhere else. It simply said they did all the precautions and still cought it.

Wearing a mask is in no way destroying freedom, it's no even in the Constitution one way or another.

It does damper on your freedom when its required. Also shuttimg down churches and gyms over it also destroys freedom.

Mask aren't punishing anyone

Yes it is because healthy people don't need to be doing that insanity. And yea I know some healthy people die of it just like some healthy people die of other viruses, but its so remotely low it dont justify the restrictions.

You are if you are asymptomatic and pass it on to someone

despite it being a 1% death rate? Hardly. And no one knows if there asymptomatic. Thus why its called asymptomatic.

Never said anyone should be arrested. We should be Christians first citizens of this world second and that means caring for others even if you don't think it does good or like it

I was replying to the other person who thinks they should be arrested.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The taxi driver cought it from 3 passengers who wer wearing masks but wer found out to have covid.

The teachers, the article I read it did not say if they cought it somewhere else. It simply said they did all the precautions and still cought it.

It does damper on your freedom when its required. Also shuttimg down churches and gyms over it also destroys freedom.

Yes it is because healthy people don't need to be doing that insanity. And yea I know some healthy people die of it just like some healthy people die of other viruses, but its so remotely low it dont justify the restrictions.

despite it being a 1% death rate? Hardly. And no one knows if there asymptomatic. Thus why its called asymptomatic.

if you knowingly have covid and go out, YES you should be arrested, in a worse pandemic you would be shot, so consider yourself lucky.

Upvote 0

jollybear

Nov 22, 2007
✟12,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
if you knowingly have covid and go out, YES you should be arrested, in a worse pandemic you would be shot, so consider yourself lucky.

I would barely call a less then 1% death rate a pandemic.

Question though. Should someone who knowingly has the regular flu who goes out to work be arrested?

Also do you condone shooting such a person if it wer a worse "pandemic"?

The bible does not teach what you say.

Leapers for instance wer to qourintine to protect the community. The community was not to quorintine to protect the community, lol.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I would barely call a less then 1% death rate a pandemic.

Question though. Should someone who knowingly has the regular flu who goes out to work be arrested?

Also do you condone shooting such a person if it wer a worse "pandemic"?

The bible does not teach what you say.

Leapers for instance wer to qourintine to protect the community. The community was not to quorintine to protect the community, lol.

The problem with this disease is that we don’t know who is and is not sick. You can be carrying this disease and even be contagious but not know it. We are all possible Typhoid Marys. We are all possible afflicted with leprosy and not even know it. So in order to get this pandemic under control, we need to all act like we are all possible carriers of this disease.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The taxi driver caught it from 3 passengers who were wearing masks but were found out to have covid.

I highly doubt that most people catch something and can't tell were they got it. I call fake news.

The teachers, the article I read it did not say if they caught it somewhere else. It simply said they did all the precautions and still caught it.

No they didn't, so many people think they do and don't take all the precautions.

It does damper on your freedom when its required. Also shutting down churches and gyms over it also destroys freedom.

Wearing a mask doesn't damper anyone's freedom at all. I agree about shutting down Churches but this is not about Churches or gyms

Yes it is because healthy people don't need to be doing that insanity. And yea I know some healthy people die of it just like some healthy people die of other viruses, but its so remotely low it don't justify the restrictions.[/quote

It's not low and that is the point, it is higher than they are telling us. If everyone did their part like in WW2 than this thing would not be around long but s long as we got people who think mask are bad and "experts" who lie to us (think Fauci & Co.) than this thing will be around a long time and may become an extinction level event. I knew it sounds far fetched but this virus is not natural and who knows what China did. Already Doxcors have seen where it gets nastier in the body.

That is not a number to sneeze at and could increase, remember this thing is brand new and never seen on earth before and it is not at all like the flu or cold it is deadly to many people. Typhoid Mary was asymptomatic and because she did not do the right thing killed many with typhoid. Even one death from this should be to much for Christians and we should as Christians be able to set aside a little inconvenience for a time to show love to our fellow man. Christians should set an example like our ancestors did in 1918-19. Let me say this though id the government made it a mandate I would fight it, this should always be citizen lead, nay Christian lead first.

Sorry about that, I saw that.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Listen to the ones who are not treating this like it is a political issue. They are likely the ones being the most truthful anyway.

For me it's hard to find anyway so I stop listening to them all and listen to my personal Doctor

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely agree. The vulnerable should have isolated and the rest go free, I hated and still hate the lock up

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems to be symbolic of doing whatever the government tells you to do, and people have a bad reaction to that. I think it's good to have that bad reaction, but I also believe that wearing masks might be helpful, and I'm pro-life, so I do it. I could be an asymptomatic spreader, and I would like to minimize any such impact.
This makes no sense to me. I can't believe it is "symbolic of doing whatever the government tells you to do" because up until masks people weren't complaining about the many, many other things "the government tells you to do". They weren't rebelling against those things. Things like respecting the property rights of others, observing health regulations (e.g. wear shirt and shoes to public establishments), observing driving laws (speeding, seat belts, driving drunk, obeying traffic lights and signs, etc.), paying your taxes, respecting other people's safety by not assaulting them, etc.

There are thousands of laws and regulations which everyone abides by every day and nobody makes a big stink. Now, with masks, people make a big stink, and it just so happens that it's aligned with their political leader.

It's not simply being against "whatever the government tells you to do", it's about politics. Anti-mask people almost all are that way because they want to use the issue to jab at their political opponents.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.