Anti-Christ European Who is the harlot (harlot) in Revelation 17?

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
She is not God. She is the mother of Jesus. She is our Blessed Mother too. I would have thought that Jesus would want us to show respect to his mother.
I feel we should stick to the teachings the apostles and early church fathers passed down to us and to my knowledge this isn't traditional teaching.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I feel we should stick to the teachings the apostles and early church fathers passed down to us and to my knowledge this isn't traditional teaching.

Well, the Catholic church uses 'Tradition' of which the Holy Spirit is alive in the church and as such Mary and the way we 'Honour' her has been given to us via the Holy Spirit.

Anyway, back on topic as this is leading it off topic. Ta

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No Catholic worships Mary. We ask her to intercede for us. Jesus respected his mother 100%. Should we not respect her too?
This is quite interesting: I have cast out "worship of Mary" spirits. They fought just like any other demon, but they had to go out.

By the way, there is not one scripture anywhere that tells us to pray to a human, Mary included. Jesus taught us to pray to Father God....

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed by your name..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anyway, back on topic as this is leading it off topic. Ta
I agree. We can get side tracked if we get into those things - suffice to say there are difference of opinions. I wouldn't want the Catholic posters in this thread to feel they have to defend themselves because obviously we non-catholics are saying things that would naturally rub Catholics the wrong way when guys like me saying the harlot, in practical terms is the RCC and Vatican, and explaining why I think so.

We just need to focus on the harlot, who we think she is and why. We are going to have different views.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, the video didn't give me that statement!
That was my commentary. No extra charge....:). But really though do you think that the Pope sees Kenneth Copeland as a co-leader equal to him in a united Church?

There are also some SDA version of the same video, with their commentary. They really get into it. SDA pretty much sees the RCC and Vatican and Pope as all the bad guys in Revelation. They have missed the mark in large part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes to my understanding they believe he will return as the christ to rule the earth from Jerusalem, am I correct?

So are muslims anti christ? This is something I feel we need to get to the bottom of.

God bless
Muslims are antichrist. I am not sure if they believe Jesus will rule the earth from Jerusalem or rule the earth at all. I don't think so because they see Jesus as a prophet, not as a King.

"The" christ is a term muslim don't use. The reason is that it implys as Christians use it Savior from our Sins. Which muslims don't believe Jesus died for our sin - nor even died at all. They believe that God took Jesus to heaven, and put another person on the cross to make everyone only believe it was Jesus. Of course they use their terms Allah and Isa.

btw, "the" Christ actually means the promised great King of Israel, descended from David. Originally the word itself did not carry with it the meaning of Savior from our sins. That came later, by Christians, in conjunction with the spreading of the gospel of salvation.

The muslims believe that Jesus will not return until the Madhi is in heated battle with the Dajeel, the muslim version of the Antichrist. Their version of Jesus returns to help the Mahdi's army, by defeating the Dajeel, killing him. And their Jesus - Isa - also kills all of the Christians because we say Jesus is God.

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think it can be the Catholics (I could be wrong)

"Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.18And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rockb I will build my church, and the gates of hellc shall not prevail against it.19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosedd in heaven.”20Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ."

If the "gates of hell prevail" the above text makes Jesus a liar, (correct me if I am wrong?)

let me tell you, my Jesus ain't no liar!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is the harlot?

I've heard a few theories, the SDA believe it is the Catholic Church, some Catholics believe it is the Jews of Israel.

What is your belief?
It is the flesh, the manifestation of evil into its fallen nature, to be sacrificed. For flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom.

Also known as "the man of sin."

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
It is the flesh, the manifestation of evil into its fallen nature, to be sacrificed. For flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom.

Also known as "the man of sin."
I think you could be right, I think it will more then likely be atheists.

Not people of the way (but hey what do I know?)

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think you could be right, I think it will more then likely be atheists.

Not people of the way (but hey what do I know?)
I have told you time and time again, John tells is it is the GREAT CITY. That rules out nations. In other place he said that the "great city" was none other than Jerusalem. Why then try to imagine something else?

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
I have told you time and time again, John tells is it is the GREAT CITY. That rules out nations. In other place he said that the "great city" was none other than Jerusalem. Why then try to imagine something else?
You might be right, I'm just like everyone else coming up with theories.

I do not know TBH

Upvote 0

ihavefoundgod951

Mar 4, 2014
✟11,909.00
Faith
Christian
Babalyn could be considered a "great city"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Babalyn could be considered a "great city"?
John tells us in Revelation what he meant by "great city." Go ahead: look up "great city" in Revelation. You will find it ten times, but the last one don't count. You want to zero in on John's FIRST use of "great city."

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Could a Donald Trump Lead United States be the harlot?
no!

a "woman", as used in prophecy, refers to a church and a nation is ususally refered to as a "beast"!

the bible is replete with examples, i.e., rev 12 and rev 13! :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I think the 'Harlot' has gone. Way back in history. During the Roman era!
WRONG! But then, perhaps you think most of Revelation is history. If you do, you are wrong there too. Well, you have good company here!

Upvote 0