Who is going to see Hellboy?

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not too crazy about the movie title actually :scratch: but the movie concept is awesome. Someone turns from evil and then goes to fight evil. A good movie too illustrate that people can choose to not have an evil nature and then be a sword against those who advocate the evil. If I'm correct I think Hellboy is a comic charcter.

Maybe the title represents the nature he used to have ???

Fineous_Reese

Striving to be like the men of Issachar
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shekinahs said:
I'm not too crazy about the movie title actually :scratch: but the movie concept is awesome. Someone turns from evil and then goes to fight evil. A good movie too illustrate that people can choose to not have an evil nature and then be a sword against those who advocate the evil. If I'm correct I think Hellboy is a comic charcter.

from what i've read (from the website, never had a chance to read the comix) the title represents where he came from. the nazis used some black magic voodoo junk trying to summon hell on earth near the end of WWII and while the Allied forces stopped the process it was not before a small red skinned boy with a huge stone gauntlet came through. the Allies took him in and raised him up to fight evil and flash forward to current day and the movie.

looks like fun, i'll be checking it out opening night :)
-Fin

Upvote 0
J

Joel_goober_head

i'm gonna go see it.

hellboy is a demon who was summoned/created by gregory rasputin. o_O who the nazi's like . ..revived or some junk (been awhile since i have read the graphic novels i have.)

anyways he's like a son of satan or something and gets summoned back to hell on one occasion and is propositioned by satan or something to take his rightful place . . . hellboy rips off his horns (that's why he has stumps) and says it's his own life and he'll live it how he chooses.

it's a really cool character and one i assume people will make snap judgements of far too quickly, perhaps deciding not to watch the movie altogether.

o_O what'll be interesting is that it's very likely that "the passion of the christ" and "hellboy" will be playing side by side in theaters.

now that's kinda interesting. ^_^

Upvote 0

obuchiteck

monstrobe
Feb 19, 2004
Chicago
✟7,819.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm not too crazy about the movie title actually but the movie concept is awesome. Someone turns from evil and then goes to fight evil. A good movie too illustrate that people can choose to not have an evil nature and then be a sword against those who advocate the evil. If I'm correct I think Hellboy is a comic charcter.

Yea, it's a comic book.. DC, I think.. Any hoo I'll go, I think it would be interesting.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Fineous_Reese said:
from what i've read (from the website, never had a chance to read the comix) the title represents where he came from. the nazis used some black magic voodoo junk trying to summon hell on earth near the end of WWII and while the Allied forces stopped the process it was not before a small red skinned boy with a huge stone gauntlet came through. the Allies took him in and raised him up to fight evil and flash forward to current day and the movie.

looks like fun, i'll be checking it out opening night :)
-Fin
Cool plot. The movie sounds even more promising. I like movies that deal with the good battle evil on the mystic magick level.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Joel_goober_head said:
o_O what'll be interesting is that it's very likely that "the passion of the christ" and "hellboy" will be playing side by side in theaters.

now that's kinda interesting. ^_^
You think that's interesting. Right know the Passion movie and Dawn of the Dead are in the same theaters. Fun fun fun to watch those two crowds bump into each other at the pop corn stand. Makes for great people watching ^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0

obuchiteck

monstrobe
Feb 19, 2004
Chicago
✟7,819.00
Faith
Catholic
I plan to see it. I'm a fan of comics and I love the concept of someone rejecting the devil to protect us. I can remember someone important to us all doing something similar.

Yea, maybe, but Jesus wasn't a demon. All I'm saying is this entertainment. I really wouldn't read to much into a mindless 90 min pre-fabed story..

Movie..
Birth of Hellboy
FIT HITS THE SHAN
Quirky hero meets the secret organization and the supper hero's
Bad guy is reveled
Hero goes on journey
Hero falls in love with a chick that someone else is in love with.
They find the secret layer
fight the bad guy.
Win(of course) Hero gets the girl..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeeLaPear3K1

Mar 10, 2004
Trenton, Michigan
✟7,661.00
Faith
Christian
I think the movie looks pretty cool.

On a semi-off topic note, in the previews, you never get a good look at him, just a quick glimpse. It's a gray zombie looking guy. He isn't mentioned on the movie website. What's up with that guy?

Another question: when did the comic first come out?

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
WestonParresia said:
oh heck yeah I will be seeing this movie opening night. Hellboy has always been one of my favorite comics and as far as i know the only injustice so far that has been done is the size of hellboy in the movie.
Is he too big or too small? I would think he might be too small based on his character.

Upvote 0

PeeLaPear3K1

Mar 10, 2004
Trenton, Michigan
✟7,661.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, I think that Hellboy already has the girl after we switch from the origin story to the present. He already has a considerable history with the girl with pyrokinetic powers. He's in love with her already and they're good friends, but I don't know if she's in love with him. The conflict in the love story would not result from the fact that another guy likes her, but by the fact that she is torn between being normal and continuing to be friends with a demon and a psychic merman.

On Hellboy's size, in the comics, he's 8 feet tall and looks more like a gorilla. The director wanted to change that to add human dimension and make the love story less weird.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just got back from seeing it.......Only word I can think of to describe it is...."meh"

Special effects were good. The plot left much to be desired. Much of the action was dark and blurry and you couldn't really see what was going on. Not a complete waste of money, but not what I was expecting.

Upvote 0
J

Joel_goober_head

i saw it. it's a decent flick. don't go into it expecting a blockbuster superhero flick cause it has a slower pacing and is more involved in tongue in cheek humor and such and less on action.

btw i found it funny that when i went to the theater that outside where they have the posters . . . two movie's posters were side by side.

this was funny cause the movies in question were: the passion of the christ and hellboy.

^_^

THE BATTLE OF HEAVEN AND HELL GOES TO THE BOX OFFICE!!!! ^_^

Upvote 0

Fineous_Reese

Striving to be like the men of Issachar
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
InnerPhyre said:
I just got back from seeing it.......Only word I can think of to describe it is...."meh"

Special effects were good. The plot left much to be desired. Much of the action was dark and blurry and you couldn't really see what was going on. Not a complete waste of money, but not what I was expecting.

i'm out of it i reckon, what's "meh" mean?

but i agree otherwise. the fight scenes were fun the first time but you can only watch HB fight CGI so many times and in so many ways. i loved the characters though, the good guys at least (the bad guys seemed kinda 2D)

i can't picture anyone other than Ron Pearlman playing HB, he nailed it IMO. (even w/o being 8ft)
-Fin

Upvote 0