• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Who here is mostly healthy?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Servant68, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Saucy

Saucy Fear is faith in the enemy. Supporter

+15,206
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Mmm tacos

2. RayofSun

RayofSun Well-Known Member

+2,259
    Canada
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Hey! Good for you Saucy!
    I remember how you used to have really bad back pain so it's great to hear that it has lessened and that you're doing well. :)

3. Goodbook

Goodbook Reading the Bible

+5,059
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Hmm i cant imagine over eating at school. America is so different, apparently obesity is a huge problem there. The portion sizes are huge too. When I went there, everything was massive.

4. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,886
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Really? I always have to super size my meals because I find them too small. Lol.

5. Saucy

Saucy Fear is faith in the enemy. Supporter

+15,206
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Thanks Ray Ray! It's been a work in progress :)

6. Cearbhall

Cearbhall Well-Known Member

+5,665
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    I was expecting to have to do this in Europe because of the stereotype of American portion sizes, but the meals were exactly the same. I was actually surprised by how much my European friends would eat in one sitting. Not to mention the alcohol consumption. Oy vey, so many calories. Then again, we were in London. Probably not as different from the U.S. as some other areas are.

7. Goodbook

+5,059
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Maybe we can pray for everyones health on this forum...as being ill is no fun is it?! And that we make healthy choices. It can be difficult to do as bad choices can get to be a habit, and then we find outselves dying from the bad choice we made, we cant exactly blame anyone else for the food we put in our own body or that we didnt make the effort to be active.

8. NewUser777

NewUser777 Newbie

+88
    Christian
    Single
    You should go to my dentist. They find cavities in teeth you didn't even know you had!

9. Ada Lovelace

Ada Lovelace Grateful to scientists and all health care workers Supporter

+9,129
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship

What a sweet picture. :)

From the day I was born at just shy of 30 weeks through the present and for the rest of my life I'll have significant health problems, but I still describe myself as being healthy because of my vitality. I'm vibrantly engaged with life. I am frequently knocked down by health issues because my immune system is so woefully incompetent I sponge up every contagious illness but I'm also able to rebound. I began my life with an extended hospital stay due to being born so prematurely and having serious problems with my stomach. After my parents were finally able to bring me home, I only was out of the hospital for a short time before contracting chickenpox from my older brother's friend from next door. He was deliberately unvaccinated because his mom hated to see her kids cry when they got shots. 10 seconds of pain for him and discomfort for her, a lifetime of problems for me and distress for my parents. I had severe complications which savagely caused massive destruction to my fragile body.

My adrenal glands were damaged and I have Addison's Disease, which is a rare chronic adrenal disorder that mandates lifelong dependency on steroid replacement therapy. JFK had it while in the Oval Office, so it's definitely possible to still lead a full and purposeful life. I also have other significant endocrine problems, and another issue with my thyroid emerged last summer. I'd thought I was going to have to delay starting college because of it, but was given the green light by my doctors just in time. Which is awesome because being at school, while monumentally stressful at times, has been a nourishing source of joy and stimulation. I've always been very happy, but college has elevated my happiness to a soaring level. I'm constantly adding new people and activities to my life that I love. My professor gave me a bagel this morning for getting an answer right! My gosh. People are just amazing. I think when you're spiritually and emotionally well it helps so much when you're medically unwell.

I must be mindful about my current state of wellness since it varies, and diligent about taking medication on time and eating (I have a lackluster appetite and will forget about food sometimes), but am still able to be active and go in full pursuit of passions. I'm a professional dancer, and I also love running, surfing, acrobatics, tennis, hiking, and taking on dares and challenges.

10. Maria Isabella Saule

Maria Isabella Saule Engineer

+14
    Pagan
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    For a quadriplegic transsexual woman with hemophilia and a myriad of other medical conditions, I'd say being alive makes me pretty healthy for others like me (who probably are very few in number).

11. Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding Virtus semper viridis

+6,758
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Until I go to the doctor and get full bloodwork done and have my thyroid checked I won't know for certain how well off I am.

Generally speaking, I feel pretty good. I have no allergies, I've never been on medication, in fact, I can probably count on one hand the times I've even needed to be on an antibiotic. The only major illnesses/conditions I've experienced are one bout with bronchitis and one bout of pleurisy.

My diet is vegetarian and about 80% fresh/organic. I also take high quality supplements daily.

12. Ada Lovelace

Ada Lovelace Grateful to scientists and all health care workers Supporter

+9,129
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Haha, yes. My Human Biology professor has bagels with cheese cheese wrapped up, and when we answer a question correctly or make a contribution to the class discussion he approves of he'll toss one to us. :D

13. Goodbook

+5,059
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Wow you must have been starving at your school.
    I don't remember many teachers feeding us at school or uni.
    Home ecomomics they never taught us except for two years at intermediate.

I'm not sure why I didn't take that subject in high school years...or even if they had it, because if they did, I would have had at least free meals.

My dad said in the olden days i.e. when he was at school, they were given free milk and apples.

14. Goodbook

+5,059
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Oh sorry. Wow generous professor.
    although one time I remember a professor gave us cake as it was the end of semester, and they DID put on a graduation breakfast for everyone. But those are the only times I remember teachers giving food away.
    Our education system believes in starvation diet it seems.

15. KitKat1230

KitKat1230 Truth Seeker

+65
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm mostly healthy, except that I have hypothyroidism, a vitamin D deficiency, and OCD. I've also been struggling with Long Covid since December. I've mostly been having muscle aches, tachycardia, heart palpitations, chest tightness, and random dull pains in different parts of my body.

16. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God CF Ambassadors Supporter

+11,092
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Physically Im really healthy and dont get sick very often.
    However since I was born blue and was oxygen deprived for a little bit ,I have alot of learning problems. I am developmentally delayed and have o c d,and a d d plus learning disabilities.

17. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,057
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I've been recently sick with Covid.

Single and sick, God loves me so much!!:sigh:

Only thankful my symptoms aren't so bad and fully recovered in two weeks only taking antibiotics for one week.

18. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+474
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I am.

I have a slender build. I do exercise a couple times a week (going to gym, biking, walking, primarily). I used to be more of a runner, but I changed more to weights.

No consistent body problems, but I do have to take medication for anxiety, so my "problems" are more psychological.

My neck does feel weak, so I guess there's that in regards to body problems. Exercise does help it, tho.

19. GospelS

GospelS :) a land flowing with good news ✞ ✟ ✝ † Supporter

+1,874
    India
    Christian
    Single
    Happy are the healthy and that’s me.

:cheer::sohappy:

20. angelsaroundme

angelsaroundme Active Member

+147
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I'm decently healthy for my age. Lost some weight and then some more until I'm about where I want to be. No serious issues physically. Mentally, well, I've been worse, that's for sure.