Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im in a bit better of a spot than I used to be in. I used to have major back pain, but been on a strict diet and lost a considerable amount of weight. I still have some arthritis in my knee, but other than that, doing pretty great.

Hey! Good for you Saucy!
I remember how you used to have really bad back pain so it's great to hear that it has lessened and that you're doing well. :)

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm i cant imagine over eating at school. America is so different, apparently obesity is a huge problem there. The portion sizes are huge too. When I went there, everything was massive.

Really? I always have to super size my meals because I find them too small. Lol.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey! Good for you Saucy!
I remember how you used to have really bad back pain so it's great to hear that it has lessened and that you're doing well. :)
Thanks Ray Ray! It's been a work in progress :)

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Really? I always have to super size my meals because I find them too small. Lol.
I was expecting to have to do this in Europe because of the stereotype of American portion sizes, but the meals were exactly the same. I was actually surprised by how much my European friends would eat in one sitting. Not to mention the alcohol consumption. Oy vey, so many calories. Then again, we were in London. Probably not as different from the U.S. as some other areas are.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe we can pray for everyones health on this forum...as being ill is no fun is it?! And that we make healthy choices. It can be difficult to do as bad choices can get to be a habit, and then we find outselves dying from the bad choice we made, we cant exactly blame anyone else for the food we put in our own body or that we didnt make the effort to be active.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thinking about my Christian friends and family; just about every one of them has some sort of serious affliction.

My sister just had a total hysterectomy and is a very devout Christian. My best friend has diabetes. Others have horrible afflictions ranging from Fibromyalgia to gout.

Seems my Facebook is full of people needing prayer every day for another surgery or doctor visit.

Their ages range from 35 to 65.

I'm pretty healthy. I'm overweight and am technically a "disabled vet" due to a hearing loss and shoulder injury while serving. But, my blood pressure is normal, I feel pretty good just about every day, and am active and happy. I'm often mistaken for being in my 30's rather than my actual 47. Most people can't believe I'm a grandpa...

How about you guys?

Are you healthy? If so, then why? Young or do you eat healthy and work out? Good genes?

Oh, and a picture of me and my grandson...

profilepic1_zps7wf91g5b.jpg

What a sweet picture. :)

From the day I was born at just shy of 30 weeks through the present and for the rest of my life I'll have significant health problems, but I still describe myself as being healthy because of my vitality. I'm vibrantly engaged with life. I am frequently knocked down by health issues because my immune system is so woefully incompetent I sponge up every contagious illness but I'm also able to rebound. I began my life with an extended hospital stay due to being born so prematurely and having serious problems with my stomach. After my parents were finally able to bring me home, I only was out of the hospital for a short time before contracting chickenpox from my older brother's friend from next door. He was deliberately unvaccinated because his mom hated to see her kids cry when they got shots. 10 seconds of pain for him and discomfort for her, a lifetime of problems for me and distress for my parents. I had severe complications which savagely caused massive destruction to my fragile body.

My adrenal glands were damaged and I have Addison's Disease, which is a rare chronic adrenal disorder that mandates lifelong dependency on steroid replacement therapy. JFK had it while in the Oval Office, so it's definitely possible to still lead a full and purposeful life. I also have other significant endocrine problems, and another issue with my thyroid emerged last summer. I'd thought I was going to have to delay starting college because of it, but was given the green light by my doctors just in time. Which is awesome because being at school, while monumentally stressful at times, has been a nourishing source of joy and stimulation. I've always been very happy, but college has elevated my happiness to a soaring level. I'm constantly adding new people and activities to my life that I love. My professor gave me a bagel this morning for getting an answer right! My gosh. People are just amazing. I think when you're spiritually and emotionally well it helps so much when you're medically unwell.

I must be mindful about my current state of wellness since it varies, and diligent about taking medication on time and eating (I have a lackluster appetite and will forget about food sometimes), but am still able to be active and go in full pursuit of passions. I'm a professional dancer, and I also love running, surfing, acrobatics, tennis, hiking, and taking on dares and challenges.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Until I go to the doctor and get full bloodwork done and have my thyroid checked I won't know for certain how well off I am.

Generally speaking, I feel pretty good. I have no allergies, I've never been on medication, in fact, I can probably count on one hand the times I've even needed to be on an antibiotic. The only major illnesses/conditions I've experienced are one bout with bronchitis and one bout of pleurisy.

My diet is vegetarian and about 80% fresh/organic. I also take high quality supplements daily.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Stanfordella your professor gave you a bagel for getting an answer right? That's awesome. Leave it to me to focus on the food in your post, lol.

Haha, yes. My Human Biology professor has bagels with cheese cheese wrapped up, and when we answer a question correctly or make a contribution to the class discussion he approves of he'll toss one to us. :D

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow you must have been starving at your school.
I don't remember many teachers feeding us at school or uni.
Home ecomomics they never taught us except for two years at intermediate.

I'm not sure why I didn't take that subject in high school years...or even if they had it, because if they did, I would have had at least free meals.

My dad said in the olden days i.e. when he was at school, they were given free milk and apples.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh sorry. Wow generous professor.
although one time I remember a professor gave us cake as it was the end of semester, and they DID put on a graduation breakfast for everyone. But those are the only times I remember teachers giving food away.
Our education system believes in starvation diet it seems.

Upvote 0

KitKat1230

Truth Seeker
Oct 7, 2019
California
✟43,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm mostly healthy, except that I have hypothyroidism, a vitamin D deficiency, and OCD. I've also been struggling with Long Covid since December. I've mostly been having muscle aches, tachycardia, heart palpitations, chest tightness, and random dull pains in different parts of my body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Physically Im really healthy and dont get sick very often.
However since I was born blue and was oxygen deprived for a little bit ,I have alot of learning problems. I am developmentally delayed and have o c d,and a d d plus learning disabilities.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am.

I have a slender build. I do exercise a couple times a week (going to gym, biking, walking, primarily). I used to be more of a runner, but I changed more to weights.

No consistent body problems, but I do have to take medication for anxiety, so my "problems" are more psychological.

My neck does feel weak, so I guess there's that in regards to body problems. Exercise does help it, tho.

Upvote 0