Who gets the credit for today's stock market Obama or Trump?

Thank you Obama or thank you president Trump

• Thank you Obama

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Credit goes to president Trump

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yet, there is my post, which you quoted from, which says none of that, does it?

By the way, it was a RICH man who provided for Jesus Christ's burial place, because he had none.

"Riches" are meant to be "blessings" for others.

Look at Jabez. What did he ask for? God responded and gave what he requested instantaneously.

Why was that?
The prosperity gospel has some wisdom but can at times also be a stumbling block if wealth becomes the goal and not helping others.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."

That is why Jesus said:

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

He said that "again" because of the great care and determination it takes for one to become wealthy. I believe the gospel bears out that it is better to spend such care and determination on helping the needy and spreading the gospel though not many do including myself.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bob doing well.......always nice to see what’s closest to man’s heart I guess.

That would be God number one and my wife number 2 and my church number 3 just goes to show that you do not know me at all.
M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The prosperity gospel has some wisdom but can at times also be a stumbling block if wealth becomes the goal and not helping others.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."

That is why Jesus said:

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

He said that "again" because of the great care and determination it takes for one to become wealthy. I believe the gospel bears out that it is better to spend such care and determination on helping the needy and spreading the gospel though not many do including myself.

As my posts here will concur.

I agree with you my friend.

:)

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be God number one and my wife number 2 and my church number 3 just goes to show that you do not know me at all.
M-Bob

Yeah, can only judge by your posts and they mostly concern your money, but I am sure wife and God have their place as well.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet, there is my post, which you quoted from, which says none of that, does it?
By the way, it was a RICH man who provided for Jesus Christ's burial place, because he had none.
"Riches" are meant to be "blessings" for others.
Look at Jabez. What did he ask for? God responded and gave what he requested instantaneously.
Why was that?
Did you notice the topic (not just your post).
Most people on earth, even in "churches" apparently / obviously?/
do not learn the importance of NOT working in any field or area that harms others.
Thus, also, to learn what is GOOD and RIGHT and TRUE is so much more important re learning God's Way to Live "harmless as doves".

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Did you notice the topic (not just your post).
Most people on earth, even in "churches" apparently / obviously?/
do not learn the importance of NOT working in any field or area that harms others.
Thus, also, to learn what is GOOD and RIGHT and TRUE is so much more important re learning God's Way to Live "harmless as doves".

Yeah, i noticed the topic.

Thus my response(s).

Did you notice where Daniel was stationed, or Joseph, or Nehemiah, or Esther?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But, I still would have voted straight Trump because the ones I know including myself give very little if any credit to Obama.

Maybe you should've paid better attention while he was in office. But I guess when you've got a government job and a cushy retirement package, you have the luxury of not paying too much attention.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yeah, i noticed the topic.

Thus my response(s).

Did you notice where Daniel was stationed, or Joseph, or Nehemiah, or Esther?
And not only that, but were they RIGHTEOUS, TRUTHFUL, doing what YHWH says ? (unlike whole populations/ the world/ today)
Today ,
as when they served (were stationed), they would stand out as faithful testimony in the midst of an evil and wicked generation/society - yes, same as when they were alive then, so it is today.....

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And not only that, but were they RIGHTEOUS, TRUTHFUL, doing what YHWH says ? (unlike whole populations/ the world/ today)
Today ,
as when they served (were stationed), they would stand out as faithful testimony in the midst of an evil and wicked generation/society - yes, same as when they were alive then, so it is today.....

Each mentioned WERE righteous. Nehemiah was the king's "cup bearer", which means that the king "trusted" him.

All IN Proverbs, it is written that God will "prosper" those who "fear" Him, because God DELIGHTS in them.

And as we are aware, Proverbs is God's very own book of "wisdom".

This verse is a "key" to being "righteous" to God, and that is regardless of what "position" one is in or their "station":

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Proverbs 9:10

In addition, it is written:

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." ~Psalm 37:25

Want another verse?:

"The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it." ~Proverbs 10:22

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember, the market bets on the future. I have a theory that it was easily recognized that Obama was so horrible that there was no way a Democrat could get elected president immediately after him. Hence, the market correctly predicted that things would get better. Statistically, my theory checks out for other past Democrat executives, too.

This makes no sense.

It was under a Republican administration (GWB) that the market plunged to 8000 or so.

I could go with the idea that the market had dopped so low (under GWB) that it had nowhere to go other than up, ... but your logic doesn't really reflect the reality of the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Each mentioned WERE righteous.
Why repeated? And EMPHASIZED? That is what I said and agree with.
(as it is written, TORAH is GOOD when used properly , as YHWH intends).

As long as we abide in YHWH'S WORD and HIS WORD abides in us,
this is good and right and truth.

As soon as the world enters (or remains operative) in the heart (/in or over the inner man), i.e. the love of the world, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, or the pride of life,
that is sinful.

Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Trump. But understand, the markets are rigged, the petrodollar is coming down, cryptos are going up, we're due for a recession, and we've got a bubble bubble which is a bubble of bubbles. Stock, Art, Sovereign Debt, Credit Card Debt, Student Loans, Home Prices...

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,985.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This makes no sense.

It was under a Republican administration (GWB) that the market plunged to 8000 or so.

I could go with the idea that the market had dopped so low (under GWB) that it had nowhere to go other than up, ... but your logic doesn't really reflect the reality of the situation.
Statistically, the market does well under Democrat presidents. The market isn't determined as much by what is happening as by what people think will happen in the future. My theory is that the market is betting on hopes for a brighter future when we have dismal presidents.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But understand, the markets are rigged,
This actually is enough....
Later, finding out how many people and families are devastated
is more than enough....

Occupation - Watchman Nee
excerpt:
"...
The occupation of a Christian is a major consideration in life. If he or she chooses the wrong occupation, that person will be hampered in his or her progress in the Lord. Hence a Christian must be careful in the choice of occupation.

At the time of creation, God not only created man but also planned for his occupation. He appointed Adam and Eve to dress and to keep the garden of Eden. Hence their job before the fall was that of a gardener.

After the fall, they had to toil with sweat in order to have bread, for the ground was cursed because of them. This indicates that after the fall the appointed occupation for man is that of a farmer. God knows better than anybody else that farming is the best pursuit for a fallen mankind.

From Genesis chapter 4 we find Cain was tilling the ground while Abel his brother was tending the sheep. Thus shepherding is added as another occupation besides that of being a farmer, and this is also acceptable to God.

As the earth’s population began to increase, all sorts of craftsmen were raised up: the ironsmiths, the coppersmiths, the makers of musical instruments, and the manufacturers of sharp tools. And by the time of the building of the tower of Babel (see Gen. 11), there were masons and carpenters as well. Although the tower of Babel ought not to have been built, men nevertheless learned to build during that period.

From Genesis chapter 12 we learn that God chose Abraham. And Abraham was a shepherd: he had many cattle and sheep. His grandson Jacob followed the same occupation—that of pasturing.
..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Why repeated? And EMPHASIZED? That is what I said and agree with.
(as it is written, TORAH is GOOD when used properly , as YHWH intends).

As long as we abide in YHWH'S WORD and HIS WORD abides in us,
this is good and right and truth.

As soon as the world enters (or remains operative) in the heart (/in or over the inner man), i.e. the love of the world, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, or the pride of life,
that is sinful.

It's repeated and emphasized for clarity.

Simply because, sometimes, there is a "knee-jerk" reaction to this word ---> "rich".

It seems to be a "trigger" at times.

I choose to elaborate on what a sometimes "trigger" of a word is and to bring that word that causes "triggers" into a more neutral "balance", since our world is sorely missing that balance.

After all, "balance" is quite Godly, because there's Godly "wisdom" in that "balance".

Don't you agree?

(i reads Proverbs....a LOT)
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But, I still would have voted straight Trump because the ones I know including myself give very little if any credit to Obama.
Did you praise Obama for the huge increase during his administration?

I think the stock market will continue to increase and probably a lot because of the new lower corporate tax rates.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump on this one: even though we are still significantly (like 50% ish) in the aftereffects of Obama in terms of the broad economy, the stock mariket is forward looking, and of course the tax cut on corporate rate helped push up stocks.

Imagine if Trump made you wealthier....

...Dude, that won't help you a bit on the Day of Judgement.

Imagine if Trump is the greatest president...or nearly so, ever.

Ok? Dude, that won't help any of us, not one, on the Day of Judgement.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did you praise Obama for the huge increase during his administration?

I think the stock market will continue to increase and probably a lot because of the new lower corporate tax rates.
It is when Trump runs out of gifts to give corporations that we will see the true effect of his administration. Maybe good. Maybe bad. We will not know until gifts run out.

Upvote 0