Status
Not open for further replies.

notinvain

Sep 5, 2004
✟426.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Matthew 13 NIV
41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

(5) questions; pick one or two or all if you like!

1. What happens to the weeds and does this exclude Christians?

2. Is "everything" people?

3. Is sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like evil?

4. Is it possible to not be evil?

5. What did the Son of Man die for if he originally came for the sinners, but will weed them out in the end only to later cast them into hell?

lastcodec

Nov 3, 2004
Hoosick
✟233.00
Faith
Baptist
Mat 13:37 Jesus answered, "The man who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man; Mat 13:38 the field is the world; the good seed is the people who belong to the Kingdom; the weeds are the people who belong to the Evil One; Mat 13:39 and the enemy who sowed the weeds is the Devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvest workers are angels. Mat 13:40 Just as the weeds are gathered up and burned in the fire, so the same thing will happen at the end of the age: Mat 13:41 the Son of Man will send out his angels to gather up out of his Kingdom all those who cause people to sin and all others who do evil things, Mat 13:42 and they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where they will cry and gnash their teeth. Mat 13:43 Then God's people will shine like the sun in their Father's Kingdom. Listen, then, if you have ears!

The Problem with understanding text sometimes is when the verse is by itself and not in context. Here is the whole parable.

1.It says the weeds are those belonging to the evil one. Being saved we belong to Christ. It says that the weeds will be cast into hell, and the saved will shine in the kingdom.

2. I think this verse just tells us that things that cause us to sin will be cast to hell, not us.

3.These are sin, not the causes of sin. They are evil. They will be removed and we will no longer be tempted.

4. Yes. We are sinful by nature, but with Christ as our saviour God does not even see our sin. Also it is not us that are evil but sin living in us.

Rom 7:17 So I am not really the one who does this thing; rather it is the that lives in me.

I hope this has been helpful. Questions on salvation can be tricky. God Bless

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. What happens to the weeds and does this exclude Christians?

The weeds are cast into the fire and destroyed, as any gardener would do. Christians are not going to the lake of fire, but are saved by the sacrifice of Jesus - God in the flesh.

1Pe 4:17 For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin first among God’s own children. And if even we Christians must be judged, what terrible fate awaits those who have never believed God’s Good News?

2. Is "everything" people?
Everything of what? All people who do not acknowledge God and do evil in this life will be held accountable for their actions - yes.

3. Is sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like evil?
Yes, this is what the Bible says. These things do not promote the fruits, the good things, of the Holy Spirit.

Galations 5:19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure,
20 idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group,
21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
22 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
25 If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.

4. Is it possible to not be evil?
Of course it is. That is why God has offered us the new birth into His family and given us His Spirit to help us overcome the desires of our flesh. First off, He covers our sins with His own blood and pays the price for our sins somthat we can stand before God covered in the innocence of Jesus' shed blood. We have this unmerited favor because He loved us first and gave His life for us. The question is to man, will they respond to his love with obedience to His word or just use him and disobey?

1Jo 4:10 This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

Ro 3:22 We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done.

2Co 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

5. What did the Son of Man die for if he originally came for the sinners, but will weed them out in the end only to later cast them into hell?
He weeds out the evil or bad ones that refuse His gift of salvation and His Spirit to overcome sin in their lives. Do you think that murderers that never repent of their sin deserve the same reward as a person who lives his whole life helping others? Sinners that repent of sin and hunger for righteousness with God - right standing with God - will be forgiven their sins, but those that do not turn from sin and fight the good fight against the flesh and its death are not saved. This is clear in scripture. If we sow to the flesh and invest our lives doing the works of the flesh we will die, but if we live our lives following the spirit He gives us we will have the fruits of the Spirit of God in our lives and live forever with God as His family.
God requires us to grow up and live lives of service and love to others, not just selfish lives of lusting after things in life. He asks when He comes back if we fed Him or clothed Him, and He asks if we visited Him when He was sick or if we gave Him shelter, even when He was a stranger. He says to thoise that say when did I see you, that when we do it to the least person we have done it to Him, so we have a great responsibility in life to do good things and not just waste our time. He wants His family to be full of good deeds and full of love for each other, but most of all He wants us to love Him, and why should we not? He has given us such great gifts, even life itself is a gift we cannot give. We have inherited death from Adam, our natural father, but we have new eternal life through Jesus whose father was the Holy Spirit and not a man. We have to show true love to God and do it in spirit and in truth - not just talking about it..

I JOHN 3:16-19 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with ACTIONS and TRUTH. This then is how we KNOW that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us.

JAMES 2:1-4-19 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "go I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is DEAD. But someone will say. "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I Do. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder.

Proverbs 31:8-9 Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

LUKE 6:46 Why do you call me "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say?

I JOHN 3:24 Those who OBEY his commands live in him, and he in them.

I JOHN 5:3 For this is the love of God, to OBEY his commands. And his commands are not burdensome.

Jeremiah 22:16 He defended the cause of the POOR & NEEDY, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to KNOW me! declares the Lord.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
notinvain said:
I thought our fight was againts the dark forces of this world? Didnt Christ already win the fight againts our flesh?
Sorry for the wait. I guess I missed the initial response you gave.:doh:
Don't you think the personal level Paul spoke of applies to you - how the forces of darkness have already affected your life by being born with sin and death inherited from Adam? We have to fight the fight at hand before going to fight it far away. Making the object of sin nebulous and evil something out in the world apart instead of right present in your own life and daily decisions sounds like a side step of responsibility. We are all sinners and are told to fight the good fight of faith in our own life, and to not contine in lifestlyes of sin - practicing sin. When we get the logs out of our own eyes, maybe then we can help other people when we see a splinter in theirs, but first we are to address the sin in our own lives and deal with our fallen nature that the devil likes to take advantage of. We fight the devil when we overcome sin in our own lives and then go do the works and good deeds God has told us to do envolving love - "love thy neighbor". It takes humility to admit sin in our own lives and then work at overcoming it. If we don't want to work and overcome it, then we will find excuses to not follow after the Lord's voice that is the Holy Spirit convicting us of sin when we do wrong. He has given us His blood to wash us clean from sin so we can repent and move on towards the goal and forget the failures of the past. It is a day by day endeavor, to deny our selfish life and pick up our cross or burden and follow Jesus.

Luke 9:23 Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me.
24 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Eph 4:30 And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption

1Jo 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.

Php 3:13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.