Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
how is it i'm alive and breathing then if not for G*d's breath of life?
I see no fundamental problem with matter advancing in complexity given continuous energy input. As for the exact details: "I dont know" is much more satisfying to me than simply imposing a deus ex machina catch-all solution straight out of my imagination.

Reactions: Jane_the_Bane
Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

"G*d's breath of life" is meaningless talk and in no way some kind explanation. You would see that if you tried to go into a little more detail and failed to come up with anything coherent.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Did you take the law of entropy into account? (christian's call this the "fall of the enemy")
Entropy means nothing here. The earth itself has been a pocket of localized negative entropy, and should be well into the future. (Of course, the earth + sun understood as a "closed system" has a positive entropy.)

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Oct 10, 2004
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

As an afterthought to my previous reply to this ...

How do you discount the non-explanation from the OP. I mean, those assumptions that are contained withing Sister of Faith's question about somebody teaching turtles to breathe?

Upvote 0

Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
As an afterthought to my previous reply to this ...

How do you discount the non-explanation from the OP. I mean, those assumptions that are contained withing Sister of Faith's question about somebody teaching turtles to breathe?
I know the answer of all the quesion within the thread, but it is for you people don't you understand?!!!!

Upvote 0

Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Thought is was odd, adding that last picture, it would have been more understandable if you had finished with the gravestones.
Btw, haha, only 5 opinions?
You've reminded me with the Islamic Studies Institute. I will rejoin after a week. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Entropy works on all our bodies in this time period; thus we age and eventually the breath is taken out of us on the day we die. Don't you hear the name of G*d in every inhale/exhale cycle?
Entropy is not the cause of aging/dying. There's plenty of available energy to permit a life-form to be a self-regenerating organism.
I suspect aging/dying is actually an evolutionary strategy to promote genetic novelty by making room for novel forms. Out with the old, and in with the new and sometimes improved.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you missed the point!!
Go back and read the thread again. please :)
I don't think i'm that far off the point. Breath and life in man is but for a short period of time.

All breathing creatures breath by instinct and its origin is with the biblical G*d.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Entropy is not the cause of aging/dying. There's plenty of available energy to permit a life-form to be a self-regenerating organism.
I suspect aging/dying is actually an evolutionary strategy to promote genetic novelty by making room for novel forms. Out with the old, and in with the new and sometimes improved.
Are you still a Darwinian? Everyone has backed away from that.

I don't think there was entropy on creation day. Adam could have lived forever in physical form. Entropy seemed to be introduced when Adam was judged for sin. How is that for a 180? That means with the Lord's return, the effects of the "fall" will be reversed and entropy reversed.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Oct 10, 2004
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know the answer of all the quesion within the thread, but it is for you people don't you understand?!!!!

What precisely is there for me to understand? That you haven't got the slightest inkling about how stuff works, and that you are instead deceiving yourself with meaningless metaphors? I do understand that. If you wish to show me wrong, you could start and give a good, meaningful and comprehensive answer to the question you kicked off the thread with.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Are you still a Darwinian? Everyone has backed away from that.
No they havent.

I don't think there was entropy on creation day. Adam could have lived forever in physical form. Entropy seemed to be introduced when Adam was judged for sin. How is that for a 180? That means with the Lord's return, the effects of the "fall" will be reversed and entropy reversed.
Says who?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Did Cain know if Abel stopped breathing he would die (physically), no one had died before. Something I have often wondered over. Adam and Eve were told they would die, but they lived on a long while, God breathed into the nostrils of man the soul of life, so man became a living soul. It does not say anything of this about birds and animals. But they must have been breathing air too. Breath, soul, spirit must have a connection in some way, Does it not say somewhere, He breathed upon them, and said, recieve......
others would be more familar with that passage. So as for turtles, they may be are in robot mode, might as well ask, who taught them to lay their eggs in the sand of the beach.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Oct 10, 2004
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did Cain know if Abel stopped breathing he would die (physically), no one had died before. Something I have often wondered over. Adam and Eve were told they would die, but they lived on a long while, God breathed into the nostrils of man the soul of life, so man became a living soul. It does not say anything of this about birds and animals. But they must have been breathing air too.

Here is a little something from the first creation story.
Genesis 1.30
And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.’ And it was so.​

I am not entirely sure if it fits exactly what you are looking for, as you seem to be talking about literal breath. (And make no mistake, that episode where God picks up dust, forms Adam and breathes the breath of life into his nostrils, has only indirectly to do with literal breathing. It is in Genesis 2:7)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,615.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
what you are looking for, as you seem to be talking about literal breath. (And make no mistake, that episode where Yahweh picks up clay breathes at it, has only indirectly to do with literal breathing.)
Kinda of like every human being is an activity of God?

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, honestly I don't. If you hear it, what is it that you hear? Can you transcribe that name?
I don't like giving such secrets away to people I don't know. Try to make out a hebrew name in the sound of one inhale/exhale cycle, (with a clear nose).

Upvote 0