Divorced
No it is not like that. Ask the Jews!!!
Old people lived longer and they were taller see

This is the grave of Prophet Dawood or David

Moses (PBUH)

Saleh (PBUH)​

GRAVE+OF+HZT+SALEH+AS.jpg

and others,​

The Quran Says: {Their Prophet said unto them: Lo! Allah hath raised up Saul to be a king for you. They said: How can he have kingdom over us when we are more deserving of the kingdom than he is, since he hath not been given wealth enough ? He said: Lo! Allah hath chosen him above you, and hath increased him abundantly in wisdomand stature. Allah bestoweth His Sovereignty on whom He will. Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing.} [2:247]
Also in another verse: {Marvel ye that there should come unto you a Reminder from your Lord by means of a man among you, that he may warn you ? Remember how He made you viceroys after Noah’s folk, and gave you growth of stature. Remember (all) the bounties of your Lord, that haply ye may be successful.}[7:69]​

So, it seems to be a new information for you!​
I know about that, but in my mind I did not think of only height.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I,ve heard that, seeing that people from long ago lived longer and it follows that they would be bigger, is one way of among other things explaining giant fossils found, your own shadow becomes longer the more the sun goes down, but that is maybe the nearest we are going to get.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is because you don't believe in God. So you have very less meaning of life. :cool:

Why that? And how did you get from my statement that I "can just reject some of those assumptions without any further ado" to this post anyway?

"God" is in my book not a proposition that is equivalent with "meaning in life", or has "meaning in life" inherently built-in. IOW, dropping "God" may give you less, it may leave you with the same amount, or even give you more meaning.

ETA: And quite frankly, the belief that there is somebody (in whatever sense anyway) who teaches turtles how to breathe, or babies how to suckle is not something I would have ever dreamt of connecting with meaning.

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Fun aside, you do realize that you are asking complex questions, right? .

Perhaps you should realize that the Op is convinced that there is an answer for everything in Quran.Majority of Muslims are convinced that Quranic knowledge is flawless even though it says that the sun sets in Murky waters.Good luck ;).

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
People weren't giants in the past. Every human skeleton we unearth, from prehistory to the present, falls well into the range of what we'd consider normal these days. If anything, people on average tended to be smaller in the past, due to malnutrition.

You disagree? Okay, show me a genuine giant skeleton. Or artifacts that aren't such a ridiculous piece of retconning as these graves.

Hey, Imran isn't even supposed to be prehistoric: I don't know which "prophet" this is supposed to be, but if I'm not very mistaken, it ought to be either Imran the father of Moses and Aaron (supposedly to be placed in the 12th century BCE), or Imran the father of Mary (1st century BCE).

We've got plenty of archaeological evidence from these times, as well as literary sources. Don't you think people would have noticed if our ancestors were gigantic? It would be pretty hard to miss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
No it is not like that. Ask the Jews!!!
Old people lived longer and they were taller see

Moses (PBUH)

Grave of Moshe?

And He buried him in the valley, in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Pe'or. And no person knows the place of his burial, unto this day. - Deuteronomy 34:6

ו. וַיִּקְבֹּר אֹתוֹ בַגַּיְ בְּאֶרֶץ מוֹאָב מוּל בֵּית פְּעוֹר וְלֹא יָדַע אִישׁ אֶת קְבֻרָתוֹ עַד הַיּוֹם הַזֶּה:

Scriptures say that no one knows where he is buried. Michael was sent to ensure that Moshe received an honourable burial and Shaytan wanted to intervene, but appealing to G-d, He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab.

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him. - Jude 1:9

Where is this grave of Moshe supposed to be?

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
People weren't giants in the past. Every human skeleton we unearth, from prehistory to the present, falls well into the range of what we'd consider normal these days. If anything, people on average tended to be smaller in the past, due to malnutrition.

You disagree? Okay, show me a genuine giant skeleton. Or artifacts that aren't such a ridiculous piece of retconning as these graves.

Hey, Imran isn't even supposed to be prehistoric: I don't know which "prophet" this is supposed to be, but if I'm not very mistaken, it ought to be either Imran the father of Moses and Aaron (supposedly to be placed in the 12th century BCE), or Imran the father of Mary (1st century BCE).

We've got plenty of archaeological evidence from these times, as well as literary sources. Don't you think people would have noticed if our ancestors were gigantic? It would be pretty hard to miss.

They have found many skeletons of giant people. It's a known fact, just people don't want to accept it. Even legends and myths from 'lost tribes' have stories of giants.

Giants 1 of 6 - YouTube

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
There is also another possibility on the theme of giants, through the eyes of man it is so easy to say, he/she was great, because of their achievments, so we build a statue or monument in place of this person when they are gone, or even before.
There are biblical examples of through the eyes of man, and also examples today.
But how about this, through the eyes of man there is great and small.
through God,s eyes there is no great or small, we are all equal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps you should realize that the Op is convinced that there is an answer for everything in Quran.Majority of Muslims are convinced that Quranic knowledge is flawless even though it says that the sun sets in Murky waters.Good luck ;).

I really feel sorry for you man :cry:
Believe it believe it not; we are the luckiest generation because we have the Holy Quran with us :cool:

Upvote 0

Sister of Faith

{Guide us to the straight path[1:6]}
Jun 1, 2011
✟8,047.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Grave of Moshe?

And He buried him in the valley, in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Pe'or. And no person knows the place of his burial, unto this day. - Deuteronomy 34:6

ו. וַיִּקְבֹּר אֹתוֹ בַגַּיְ בְּאֶרֶץ מוֹאָב מוּל בֵּית פְּעוֹר וְלֹא יָדַע אִישׁ אֶת קְבֻרָתוֹ עַד הַיּוֹם הַזֶּה:

Scriptures say that no one knows where he is buried. Michael was sent to ensure that Moshe received an honourable burial and Shaytan wanted to intervene, but appealing to G-d, He buried him in the valley in the land of Moab.

But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him. - Jude 1:9

Where is this grave of Moshe supposed to be?

I think you are right,
to be honest with you I find that photo from the net and I also find another one:
grave-of-prophet-moses-pbuh1.jpg

grave-of-prophet-moses-pbuh-2.jpg

I don't know if this is the same one in the beginning.
It says that the grave is near Jericho, West Bank!!
I really don't know may be "people" think that it is Moses' grave.
I made a quick reading and I found that Muslim scholars they really don't know where is Moses' grave and they have at least 5 opinion!
It's in Arabic, sorry but please translate it your self :blush:

وفي ( المرآة ) اختلفوا في موضع قبر موسى عليه الصلاة والسلام على أقوال
أحدها أنه بأرض التيه هو وهارون عليهما الصلاة والسلام ولم يذخل الأرض المقدسة إلا رمية حجر رواه الضحاك عن ابن عباس رضي الله تعالى عنهما وقال لا يعرف قبره ورسول الله أبهم ذلك
بقوله إلى جانب الطريق عند الكثيب الأحمر ولو أراد بيانه لبين صريحا وقال ابن عباس لو علمت اليهود قبر موسى وهارون لاتخذوهما الهين من دون الله تعالى وقال ابن إسحاق لم يطلع على قبر موسى عليه الصلاة والسلام إلا الرخمة وهي التي أطلعت على قبر هارون لما دفن في التيه فنزع الله تعالى عقلها لئلا تدل عليه ومعنى عقلها إلهامها
الثاني أنه بباب لد بالبيت المقدس وقال الطبري هو الصحيح قلت كيف يكون هو الصحيح وقد قال ابن عباس ووهب وعامة العلماء إنه بأرض التيه
الثالث أن قبره ما بين عالية وعويلة ذكره الحافظ أبو القاسم في ( تاريخ دمشق ) فقال وروي أن قبر موسى بين عالية وعويلة وهما محلتان عند مسجد القدم ويقال إن قبره رئي في المنام فيها قال والأصح أنه بتيه بني إسرائيل
الرابع أن قبره بواد في أرض مآب بين بصرى والبلقاء
الخامس أن قبره بدمشق ذكره الحافظ أبو القاسم عن كعب الأحبار وذكر ابن حبان في ( صحيحه ) أن قبر موسى بمدين بين المدينة وبين المقدس واعترض عليه الضياء محمد بن عبد الواحد في كتابه ( علل الأحاديث ) بأن مدين ليست قريبة من القدس ولا من الأرض المقدسة وقد اشتهر أن قبره بأريحا وهي من الأرض المقدسة مرار ويقال إنه قبر موسى وعنده كثيب أحمر كما في الحديث وطريق والدعاء عنده مستجاب​

واختلف أهل السير في موضع قبره فقيل بأرض التيه وهارون كذلك ولم كذلك ولم يدخل موسى الأرض المقدسة إلا رمية حجر رواه الضحاك عن بن عباس وقال لا يعرف قبره ورسول الله أبهم ذلك بقوله إلى جانب الطريق عند الكثيب الأحمر ولو أراد بيانه لبين صريحا وقال ابن عباس لو علمت اليهود قبر موسى وهارون لاتخذوهما إلهين من دون الله وقيل بباب لد بالبيت المقدس وقيل قبره بين عالية وعويلة عند كنيسة توماء وقيل بالوادي في أرض ماء بين بصرى والبلقاء وقيل قبره بدمشق ذكره ابن عساكر عن كعب الأحبار والأصح أنه بالتيه قدر رمية حجر من الأرض المقدسة وعن وهب أن الملائكة تولوا دفنه والصلاة عليه وأنه عاش مائة وعشرين سنة وقال وهب وصلى عليه جبريل عليه الصلاة والسلام وكان موته بعد موت هارون بأحد عشر شهرا وكان بين وفاة إبراهيم ومولد موسى مائتان وخمسون سنة وقد مضت بقية الكلام في كتاب الجنائز​

To summerise, we are not supposed to know the location of Moses' and Aaron's graves or Jews will worship them !​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I think you are right,
to be honest with you I find that photo from the net and I also find another one:
grave-of-prophet-moses-pbuh1.jpg

grave-of-prophet-moses-pbuh-2.jpg

I don't know if this is the same one in the beginning.
It says that the grave is near Jericho, West Bank!!
I really don't know may be "people" think that it is Moses' grave.
I made a quick reading and I found that Muslim scholars they really don't know where is Moses' grave and they have at least 5 opinion!
It's in Arabic, sorry but please translate it your self :blush:

وفي ( المرآة ) اختلفوا في موضع قبر موسى عليه الصلاة والسلام على أقوال
أحدها أنه بأرض التيه هو وهارون عليهما الصلاة والسلام ولم يذخل الأرض المقدسة إلا رمية حجر رواه الضحاك عن ابن عباس رضي الله تعالى عنهما وقال لا يعرف قبره ورسول الله أبهم ذلك
بقوله إلى جانب الطريق عند الكثيب الأحمر ولو أراد بيانه لبين صريحا وقال ابن عباس لو علمت اليهود قبر موسى وهارون لاتخذوهما الهين من دون الله تعالى وقال ابن إسحاق لم يطلع على قبر موسى عليه الصلاة والسلام إلا الرخمة وهي التي أطلعت على قبر هارون لما دفن في التيه فنزع الله تعالى عقلها لئلا تدل عليه ومعنى عقلها إلهامها
الثاني أنه بباب لد بالبيت المقدس وقال الطبري هو الصحيح قلت كيف يكون هو الصحيح وقد قال ابن عباس ووهب وعامة العلماء إنه بأرض التيه
الثالث أن قبره ما بين عالية وعويلة ذكره الحافظ أبو القاسم في ( تاريخ دمشق ) فقال وروي أن قبر موسى بين عالية وعويلة وهما محلتان عند مسجد القدم ويقال إن قبره رئي في المنام فيها قال والأصح أنه بتيه بني إسرائيل
الرابع أن قبره بواد في أرض مآب بين بصرى والبلقاء
الخامس أن قبره بدمشق ذكره الحافظ أبو القاسم عن كعب الأحبار وذكر ابن حبان في ( صحيحه ) أن قبر موسى بمدين بين المدينة وبين المقدس واعترض عليه الضياء محمد بن عبد الواحد في كتابه ( علل الأحاديث ) بأن مدين ليست قريبة من القدس ولا من الأرض المقدسة وقد اشتهر أن قبره بأريحا وهي من الأرض المقدسة مرار ويقال إنه قبر موسى وعنده كثيب أحمر كما في الحديث وطريق والدعاء عنده مستجاب​

واختلف أهل السير في موضع قبره فقيل بأرض التيه وهارون كذلك ولم كذلك ولم يدخل موسى الأرض المقدسة إلا رمية حجر رواه الضحاك عن بن عباس وقال لا يعرف قبره ورسول الله أبهم ذلك بقوله إلى جانب الطريق عند الكثيب الأحمر ولو أراد بيانه لبين صريحا وقال ابن عباس لو علمت اليهود قبر موسى وهارون لاتخذوهما إلهين من دون الله وقيل بباب لد بالبيت المقدس وقيل قبره بين عالية وعويلة عند كنيسة توماء وقيل بالوادي في أرض ماء بين بصرى والبلقاء وقيل قبره بدمشق ذكره ابن عساكر عن كعب الأحبار والأصح أنه بالتيه قدر رمية حجر من الأرض المقدسة وعن وهب أن الملائكة تولوا دفنه والصلاة عليه وأنه عاش مائة وعشرين سنة وقال وهب وصلى عليه جبريل عليه الصلاة والسلام وكان موته بعد موت هارون بأحد عشر شهرا وكان بين وفاة إبراهيم ومولد موسى مائتان وخمسون سنة وقد مضت بقية الكلام في كتاب الجنائز​

To summerise, we are not supposed to know the location of Moses' and Aaron's graves or Jews will worship them !​
Thought is was odd, adding that last picture, it would have been more understandable if you had finished with the gravestones.
Btw, haha, only 5 opinions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Breathing is not an acquired skill, but controlled by specialized centres in the brainstem, which automatically regulate the rate and depth of breathing depending on the body’s needs at any time. When carbon dioxide levels increase in the blood, it reacts with the water in blood, producing carbonic acid. Lactic acid produced by anaerobic respiration during exercise also lowers pH. The drop in the blood's pH stimulates chemoreceptors in the carotid and aortic bodies in the blood system to send nerve impulses to the respiration centre in the medulla oblongata and pons in the brain. These, in turn send nerve impulses through the phrenic and thoracic nerves to the diaphragm.
This is also your response to the biblical "breath of life". I'm waiting for you to assemble the above mentioned into a physiologically viable/breathing creature. Still waiting.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is also your response to the biblical "breath of life". I'm waiting for you to assemble the above mentioned into a physiologically viable/breathing creature. Still waiting.
Exactly! Even a creator cant do it!

Upvote 0