Not open for further replies.

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
nathans1987 said:
edx i read that link and small-scale evolution is what i belive to be a kind of species changeing to there new inviroment etc.(i wouldnt call this evolution tho but hey)
I know you've been told that this is only "micro evolution", but that IS evolution, there is no other process and there is nothing more to it.

however large-scale evolution has never been proven.there has never been any proof of a crocodile evolving into a bird.

This is what I mean about listening to Creationists.

Evolution never said crocodile evolved into birds, and if ever did happen evolution would be falsified. Not only because evolution just cannot work that fast, but because its just impossible. Evolution has a strict tree of life, and you cant jump the branches. If you ever found an animal that did cross massive branches on the tree, evolution would be wrong.

Upvote 0

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
nathans1987 said:
Just wondering if anyone in a chrisian forum belives in evolution?

P.S. i myself belive in creation.
I do not "believe in" evolution. But I consider it to be extremely well established, and at least mostly correct, while creationism lacks any support of any kind, is dead wrong about damned near everything it claims, and is too ridiculous to seriously consider anymore. There can be no comparison between the two. One is independantly supported, having real world applications, demonstrable under controlled conditions, and the other is useless, represented by thousands of conflicting versions, all of which were made up out of whole cloth and dependant on a belief in magic.

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
NamesAreHardToPick said:
Better is a point of view, my friend. Birds have better eyes than humans, does that mean they are better than us? I can give you examples of species changing into new species or even a new genus, but to say better, that would be someone's point of view.

As far as evolution on the species and genus level goes, here's a short list for you.

how does this prove it. if it would have any chance of it there woulf be all the bones of animals at there different evolution stages but there isnt.

Upvote 0

coyoteBR

greetings
Jan 18, 2004
✟2,288.00
Faith
I believe God Is the Primary Cause of all things, Creator of everything visible and invisible.

And the world He Created tells me there's no reason to doubt evolutionary research, findings and proccess.

In fact, for me is very easy to see the Work of God on evolution and on the formation of the solar system/Earth thru millions and millions of years.

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Edx said:
I know you've been told that this is only "micro evolution", but that IS evolution, there is no other process and there is nothing more to it.

This is what I mean about listening to Creationists.

Evolution never said crocodile evolved into birds, and if ever did happen evolution would be falsified. Not only because least of which because evolution just cannot work that fast, but because its just impossible. Evolution has a strict tree of life, and you cant jump the branches. If you ever found an animal that did cross massive branches on the tree, evolution would be wrong.

are you sain? you link just said that crock evolved into a bird want me to get it and point it out?

Upvote 0

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
nathans1987 said:
are you sain? you link just said that crock evolved into a bird want me to get it and point it out?

Yes please, because it did not. You clearly dont know how to read the diagrams, and you clearly didnt read the page properly.

Do you really want to learn about evolution? If you do you have to accept that everything Creationists told you about it is wrong. And if you really start learning about evolution properly, you'll see that for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Garnett

Jan 10, 2006
✟16,110.00
Faith
Agnostic
nathans1987 said:
the creation i belive in is the 7 day creation like it says in the bible. and there is no proof of evolution not one bit.
...and the more evidence for evilution I ignore the more God will love me. :doh:

[SIZE=-1] "Unthinking faith is a curious offering to be made to the creator of the human mind.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]" ( ~ John A. Hutchinson)[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
nathans1987 said:
for those of you that belive in god and the bible does it mean anything to you that god said that he created all the creatures? therefor they couldnt have evolved.
God might have said that he created all of the creatures but he didn't say how, do you begin to see where your logic is falling down. Nothing says that god didn't do it via evolution.

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I_Love_Cheese said:
Please read at least a few pages of this.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/evo_02

you will find that what you have been told is evolution is not what others understand it to be.

for more go back to the root here.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/
people keep giving me similar links and i keep reading them and get the same out of it each time. which you tell me that is dosent mean that evolution is the slow precess of a species changeing form. then you give me a link that says the exact thing just in there words.

ie. a frog evolved from a monkey although a different web site will have a different tree thing. makes no sense to me.

Upvote 0

coyoteBR

greetings
Jan 18, 2004
✟2,288.00
Faith
nathans1987 said:
for those of you that belive in god and the bible does it mean anything to you that god said that he created all the creatures? therefor they couldnt have evolved.

To make a long story short, many take Genesis as an tale passed orally from generation to generation untill someone wrote it down. It is a nice and wonderfull metaphor for our relationship with God.

It's not factual, but doesn't means it's less useful or inspiring

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I_Love_Cheese said:
God might have said that he created all of the creatures but he didn't say how, do you begin to see where your logic is falling down. Nothing says that god didn't do it via evolution.
CAN YOU READ HE DID IT IN ONE DAY!! evolution dosent happen in one day!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
nathans1987 said:
people keep giving me similar links and i keep reading them and get the same out of it each time. which you tell me that is dosent mean that evolution is the slow precess of a species changeing form. then you give me a link that says the exact thing just in there words.

ie. a frog evolved from a monkey although a different web site will have a different tree thing. makes no sense to me.
In order to learn anything one has to allow for the possibility that some things they think they know are in error. Read the site far enough to see if it holds together by itself without any preconceptions. (pretend it is SciFi for a moment) and then see what you think.
By the way, your belief in a literal genesis is a minority amongst christians, so don't blame it on atheists that the theory says it takes time.

Upvote 0

cobweb

Cranky octogenarian at heart
Jan 12, 2006
Georgia, USA
✟20,938.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Evolution is not about "hopeful monsters" where a crocodile lays an egg and out pops a chicken.

Evolution is about tiny changes over very long periods of time.

(Someone correct me if my understanding of evolutionary processes is incorrect. This following is pretty much how I explained it to my son.)

Say you have 2 groups of identical animals. One group is on the mainland where food is plentiful. The other is isolated on an island where the competition for food is more fierce.

Over time, animals in the island who are not as good at getting food will starve and not reproduce. Those who are better at getting food (for whatever reason... be it more speed, a better beak, intelligence, or dumb luck) will survive and pass on their DNA to their offspring. The offspring who survive repeat the process.

Give that process enough time (and many, many generations of animals) and the animals on the island will be somewhat different than the ones on the mainland. Give it even more time and they may become so different that they can no longer breed with the animals on the mainland.

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
frostymama said:
Evolution is not about "hopeful monsters" where a crocodile lays an egg and out pops a chicken.

Evolution is about tiny changes over very long periods of time.

(Someone correct me if my understanding of evolutionary processes is incorrect. This following is basically how I exaplained it to my son.)

Say you have 2 groups of identical animals. One group is on the mainland where food is plentiful. The other is isolated on an island where the competition for food is more fierce.

Over time, animals in the island who are not as good at getting food will starve and not reproduce. Those who are better at getting food (for whatever reason... be it more speed, a better beak, intelligence, or dumb luck) will survive and pass on their DNA to their offspring. The offspring who survive repeat the process.

Give that process enough time (and many, many generations of animals) and the animals on the island will be somewhat different than the ones on the mainland. Give it even more time and they may become so different that they can no longer breed with the animals on the mainland.
i never said that i thougt it happened instant ie bird hatching out of an egg. i know it is hundreds of small changes over a long time fut the fact of the matter is eventually your croc evolves into a bird. now that you have told me that i need proof i have never seen a crock with anything that represents a wing at all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.