moogoob

Resident Deist
Jun 14, 2006
✟16,082.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
CA-Others
I believe in both. The universe was created by god billions of years ago. Evolution has and continues to work out the plans he/she/it set in motion that day.

But I realize Deistic beliefs are sorta rare these days. You'll find the majority of folks on this forum seem to beleive in Atheistic Evolution (evolution with no god), Theistic Evolution(god creating the earth and guiding evolution) or variants therof.

You said you believe in a creation. Is it young-earth creationism? Old-earth creationism(which wouldn't disprove evolution)? Gap theory? Day-age hypothesis?

Upvote 0

NamesAreHardToPick

All That You Can Leave Behind
Oct 7, 2004
✟16,943.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
nathans1987 said:
the creation i belive in is the 7 day creation like it says in the bible. and there is no proof of evolution not one bit.

Agreed, proof is mathematical in basis. Evolution is a biological theory which has massive amounts of evidence to support it, however. But you're right, there is no "proof" of evolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NamesAreHardToPick

All That You Can Leave Behind
Oct 7, 2004
✟16,943.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
nathans1987 said:
oh this guy thinks he is clever! smarty pants.

Since the day my name was born, that was just implied.

how can you accept evolution and belive in creation?

I do not believe in Creation; I am an agnostic, not a Christian.

Upvote 0

h2whoa

Ace2whoa - resident geneticist
Sep 21, 2004
Manchester, UK
✟4,091.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
nathans1987 said:
Just wondering if anyone in a chrisian forum belives in evolution?

P.S. i myself belive in creation.

Whyever wouldn't there be people who accept evolution on a Christian forum? You do realise, don't you, that outside of the US, the vast majority of Christians accept evolution.

In fact, even when I was still a Christian, I had never even heard of Creationists until a few years back.

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Edx said:
Never once have I met a Creationist that knew what Evolution really was. What do you think evolution is?
evolution is the advancmen of a species ie. monkey gets smarter etc pluss there form changes(started from a rock! hahahahaha)

evolution is not the adapting of a kind and never does a dna structure advance as evolution claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
h2whoa said:
Whyever wouldn't there be people who accept evolution on a Christian forum? You do realise, don't you, that outside of the US, the vast majority of Christians accept evolution.

In fact, even when I was still a Christian, I had never even heard of Creationists until a few years back.
i am australian actually if that was what you were implying :p and a few years back even non-christains belived in creation lol

Upvote 0

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
nathans1987 said:
evolution is the advancmen of a species ie. monkey gets smarter etc pluss there form changes(started from a rock! hahahahaha)
Wrong, Evolution does not say that at all and it also does not say we came from a rock.

Wouldnt you rather know what Evolution really is, rather than how Kent Hovind misrepresents and caricatures it?

evolution is not the adapting of a kind and never does a dna structure advance as evolution claims.
Define advance, because we see see genes change all the time.

Upvote 0

nathans1987

Senior Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
Australia
✟23,083.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
eri said:
Eehhhnnntt. Try again. Maybe you should find out what evolution actually claims (and not from Kent Hovind) before deciding to reject it.
lol that guy is funny and so correct. well if you have a better definition please tell, i want to hear this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.