United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The angel = Greek for messenger

the chain = the message (gospel); The gospel sent to the whole world.

the 1000 years = Satan bound from deceiving the elect. The saints rule over him. the 1000 years end = Satan loosed.

Note the 1000 years are not the kingdom. Satan attacks the kingdom when they end and he is loosed.

Satan loosed = the Post Christian era (we now live in = immanent return of Christ) the gospel message falls on deaf ears, the world assails the Church from all quarters ushering in the end.

“Jesus said, “This voice has not come for my benefit but for yours. Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out.” (John 12:30–31)

So in essence, Revelation 20 is a panorama of the entire New Covenant era. Not a physical kingdom of the future.

To all God's people saying... AMEN!

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Gbob

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2019
College Station
✟56,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As usual my views are different than many others. I believe that the millennium is in the future (that isn't different from many). But my view is that there is only one religion that beheads Christians--Islam. Given that Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe now, and is being pushed in this country by the elites (think even Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition this year) they will be the vehicle by which the Anti-Christ arises. Parts of Islam are awaiting the Mahdi, who will arrive with Isa (Jesus) and reign with justice. My suspicion is that many will think he is the Christ returned (I think of Jesus' warning not to believe that he is here or there in Matt 24). I believe the beheaded are the martyred Christians from the tribulation.

Most Christians don't think we will be in that, that we will be raptured. 2nd Thes 2:1-4 says that rapture (our gathering together to Jesus) won't happen until the man of perdition is revealed:

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness data is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

We won't know who the man of perdition is until the temple is rebuilt and someone proclaims himself God in the Temple. And that means the Day of the Lord can't be until then at least. In my mind, that means at least mid-Trib if not post trib rapture for those who live to the end of that time. Believe me, I don't like my own viewpoint. Who in their right mind would want to go through such a time. But not liking a view is not sufficient reason to reject it. I know no other reason for the beheaded at the end of Revelation.

• Agree
Reactions: setst777
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If they were Born of God, their souls/spirits are in Heaven and their bodies are in the earth. Their bodies will be resurrected and re-united with their souls/spirits at the 2nd coming to reign with Christ for 1,000 years on earth. But that has not come yet. The 1,000 years starts when Jesus Christ comes down from Heaven and stands on the Mount of Olives. Then He reigns from modern-day Jerusalem for 1,000 years.
Revelation 20:7-9 says "camp of the saints"

SPIRITUAL Jerusalem not physical

just as God dwells in the SPIRITUAL temple of the Church not in any physical temple building of human hands

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Church declared VICTORY over the Beast (Rev 19) at the Council of Nicaea (Nike means "victory") in 325 AD

Constantinople, built from the ground up as a purely Christian city with no pagan roots, stood for a thousand years, as the capital of the Byzantine empire, which every history book dubs the "thousand year Christian empire"

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟305,836.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A question for those who believe the 1000 year reign is past or current. Who are they ? The beheaded ones who came to life and reigned with Christ a 1000 years.

Revelation 20: 4 to 6

4Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years 5The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years

There seems to be at least 2 groups of people:

Revelation 20:4 1.) Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. 2.) Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years

1.) those seated on thrones with authority to judge. I would argue that these are the disciples

Matthew 19:28 Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

2.) Those who were beheaded for the testimony of Jesus who had not worshipped the beast or taken its mark. I would argue these are those are persecuted and/or killed for the testimony of Jesus.

Acts 17:6-9 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, “These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also, and Jason has received them, and they are all acting against the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, Jesus.” And the people and the city authorities were disturbed when they heard these things. And when they had taken money as security from Jason and the rest, they let them go.

Acts 12:2 About that time Herod the king laid violent hands on some who belonged to the church. He killed James the brother of John with the sword.

Additionally, it's important to notice that ALL of the verbs are aorist, except for "had been beheaded". That verb is a perfect participle. Additionally, the verb "came to life" is not "came to life", but "lived". It is aorist tense. I would argue that this indicates that the living and reigning occurs simultaneously with the action attributed to that group. For example:

1.) While those were sitting on the thrones judging, they were living and reigning with Christ

2.) While those, who had been beheaded, were not worshipping the beast nor taking its mark, they were living and reigning with Christ

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and seated (aorist) on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded (perfect participle) for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped (aorist) the beast or its image and had not received (aorist) its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They lived (aorist) and reigned aorist) with Christ for a thousand years.

Now let's identify the time frame for these groups.

1.) When would the disciples sit on the thrones judging? According to Jesus, when he sits on his throne to reign in the "regeneration". So when does Jesus sit on his throne to reign and when is the "regeneration"?

Matthew 19:28 Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

a.) Jesus sits on the throne at his resurrection
Acts 2:30-31 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,

Revelation 3:21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

b.) Jesus reigns upon his resurrection and ascension.
1 Corinthians 15:25 he must reign (present tense) until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

c.) The only other time the greek word "regeneration" is used again, is in Titus. It associates the "regeneration" with the work of the Holy Spirit.

Titus 3:5-7 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life

***Thus, this indicates that the disciples would be given thrones to judge when Christ ascended to sit on the throne to reign in heaven in the regeneration (the Spirit being sent after Christ's ascension). I would argue as Jesus promised to be with them upon his ascension, this is when the disciples lived and reigned with Christ. This is when the disciples were born again (first resurrection).

Ephesians 2:6 when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus

2.) And while those were not worshiping the beast nor taking its mark, the were living and reigning with Christ. This is confirmed by Peter who calls believers a "royal" priesthood. This is also confirmed by revelation which states that by the cross, believers were made a kingdom and priests to God.

1 peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light

Revelatin 5:9-10 for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God,

and they shall reign on the earth.” (some manuscripts read they reign** present tense).

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

**This indicates that believers, in the 1st century, who were being persecuted for Christ were already a kingdom of priests who were living and reigning with Christ.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aorist Tense (Apostolic Bible Polyglot study guide)

The aorist tense in the indicative mood (see Mood below) refers to past time, such as he ate. There are what is called first and second aorist, but they basically mean the same thing except that the Greek word is spelled differently. In our example of Genesis 1:1 we see that epoihsen is in the aorist tense indicative mood...thus God made.

= simple past

Upvote 0

Gbob

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2019
College Station
✟56,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aorist Tense (Apostolic Bible Polyglot study guide)

The aorist tense in the indicative mood (see Mood below) refers to past time, such as he ate. There are what is called first and second aorist, but they basically mean the same thing except that the Greek word is spelled differently. In our example of Genesis 1:1 we see that epoihsen is in the aorist tense indicative mood...thus God made.

= simple past

To me, everyone misses beheading. Brittanica says of it:

Beheading, a mode of executing capital punishment by which the head is severed from the body. The ancient Greeks and Romans regarded it as a most honourable form of death. Before execution the criminal was tied to a stake and whipped with rods. In early times an ax was used, but later a sword, which was considered a more honourable instrument of death, was used for Roman citizens.
Beheading | capital punishment

Capital punishment.org says:The Greeks and the Romans considered beheading a less dishonourable and less painful form of execution than other methods in use at the time. The Roman Empire used beheading for its own citizens whilst crucifying others.

If this passage refers to Roman times, then all those under the throne are likely to be Roman citizens. Rome didn't behead. Why, in your view did the writer chose the word beheading when it wasn't used for most Christian executions?

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 20:4-5 The only people Jesus Christ starts the 1,000 year reign with are those who are resurrected. "This is the first resurrection". The rest are NOT resurrected until after the 1,000 year.

We are not in the 1,000 year reign because the Word says satan will be locked in Hell during this time, and I have personally met Satan at least 4 times and neither of us were in Hell. Satan is currently roaming the earth. He is not in Hell.

Wait...
Are you suggesting that once Satan is bound, even the unrepentant, Christ rejecting people will get to enjoy a lifetime of victory over Him?

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wait...
Are you suggesting that once Satan is bound, even the unrepentant, Christ rejecting people will get to enjoy a lifetime of victory over Him?
The usual scathing and nasty pointed remark from Parousia.
He seems to be unconcerned that God watches with unsleeping eyes and Judgment is coming.

After Jesus Returns and commences His Millennium reign, the nations will come annually to Jerusalem to show obeisance and to worship Him. Zechariah 14:16-21
But we see from Revelation 20:7-10, that by the end of the 1000 year reign of Jesus, Satan will be able to again seduce the peoples and to gather another huge army in his final attempt to conquer Jesus. God will send fire to destroy them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The usual scathing and nasty pointed remark from Parousia.
He seems to be unconcerned that God watches with unsleeping eyes and Judgment is coming.

Aww.. that’s sweet.
I love you too keras

Upvote 0