Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The CBC is something like 10% of Congress. They may represent 24% of the population, (I’ll tsje your word for it) but they only have 10% of the power in Congress.

At least they are in Congress and are now properly represented in the federal government instead of only being legally three-fifths of a person or denied the right to vote. You know, that is an amazing advancement that has occurred in the last 54 years since African-Americans and other minorities were finally given equality to white people in this country after the Civil Rights Movemen in 1964.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They pretty much all do. Go to any of their websites. Except for the ones who are into Nordic religion.
Good or bad, racist, or accepting; most people in this country identify as christian.

Those people pretty much all identify as Christian, whether or not they mention it at rallies. Have you been to one of their rallies?
And why do you suppose Christianity is not a part of their rallies? Their rallies is to push their agenda. Christianity is not a part of their agenda. I suppose Christians don't spend too much time fighting them because they don't give Christianity a bad name by associating themselves with the religion.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nothing magically happens. Control of government is how it happens. Government creates the environment we all live in. The mechanisms to oppress certain groups of people already exist in the governments in America. All that needs to happen is for the people who are targeted to change.
And what are these Government mechanisms in place to oppress people?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of course it is being dismantled, but far too slowly. And i’d Propose that most Christians are doing nothing personally to help. I hate to say it but Christians are far more likely than non-Christians to scoff at the work anti-racists are doing and roll their eyes when the topic is brought up.
In a free country; as long as people have the option to choose, there will always be those who will choose to hate. Racism is just another form of hate that some people will always choose, and we can never get rid of it; the best we can do is lessen it's influence.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At least they are in Congress and are now properly represented in the federal government instead of only being legally three-fifths of a person or denied the right to vote. You know, that is an amazing advancement that has occurred in the last 54 years since African-Americans and other minorities were finally given equality to white people in this country after the Civil Rights Movemen in 1964.
Agree!

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have never been followed or watched in a store because someone thought I might shop lift. All of my black friends have. They also get pulled over by the police at a much higher rate.
The only time I’ve been followed in a store or harassed by the police is when I’ve gone to economically oppressed, high crime neighborhoods (which also just so happen to have a high percentage of Black residences) And most of the cops that do the harassing are also black; (in my state many of the city counsel members fight to have the police as diverse as the neighborhoods they patrol thus there is usually a higher percentage of black cops patrolling black neighborhoods than white neighborhoods) When I go to low crime middle class neighborhoods, the cops, store clerks, and everybody else treats me the same as white people. The fact that black cops harass just as much (if not more) than white cops tells me the reason they harass in those neighborhoods has nothing to do with racism, but something else.

• Informative
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
{snip} I hate to say it but Christians are far more likely than non-Christians to scoff at the work anti-racists are doing and roll their eyes when the topic is brought up.

Unfortunately, that has been my personal experience over the last 27 years being involved in Native American activism. It was an evangelical Christian who once told me that Indians should be grateful that the white man conquered their People and forced them to be civilized like the white man. It was an evangelical Baptist preacher who once told me that the entire worth of my race could be found at the bottom of a whiskey bottle. It was evangelical Christians whom I heard over the years repeatedly degrade Native Americans and their culture. I've been insulted by some of these Christians too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact that black cops harass just as much (if not more) than white cops tells me the reason they harass in those neighborhoods has nothing to do with racism, but something else.

No, that's still racism. It's definitely not impossible for a black person to be enticed into racism against black people.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So since there are no laws that require Americans to lie, cheat, murder, or abuse drugs that means Americans don’t do those things? What an absurd thing to say. Are you serious or are you just trolling people here?
I said America not Americans! America is a country of laws. Americans are people, many who choose to break those laws. Again; do you know of any racist laws that require blacks to be treated unequally?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I said America not Americans! America is a country of laws. Americans are people, many who choose to break those laws. Again; do you know of any racist laws that require blacks to be treated unequally?
“America” can mean quite a few things. I am referring to the collective actions of people here. And I think your point is a moot distraction from the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You said

Things have been resolved, yet America has not failed. Just because there are individuals who remain hateful doesn’t mean that those individuals represent America.
What things have been resolved to substantiate the resilience of America - especially in the context that I previously posed the question?
Civil Rights act of 1964, the Voting rights act of 1965, the abolition of Jim Crow laws, etc; need I go on?

We weren't talking about laws.
I was talking about laws, because you said “America will fail before things resolve” You said America, not Americans. America is a country of laws, americans are people; many of who choose to break laws.

The system that shoots non-whites first and then justifies the actions through public prejudicial narrative is exactly what has been overtly going on in the States since 2013 at least. You are purposefully trying to be insincere; I can clearly see what you are doing.

I don't expect you to know, but if you cant figure it out then you have crust over your eyes, or you are choosing to ignore it. You don't have to be a minority to see what is going on.

Wow...

I am not going to educate you on something that is blatant, and in your face. You need eyes to see, and ears to hear. I already know who you are because you continuously expose yourself without the help of a pointed Socratic exchange, for example.

Cheers, Ken.
All I am asking you to do is to back up your claim with something other than your word. Is that too much to ask? If such a system exists, point to a law, a credible link, news source; something!

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do fewer minority people run as Republican? Why don’t you ever hear republicans express concern that their party is represented by almost all white people? And why aren’t Republicans seeking out people of color to run for office. It’s just not a priority for them.
Republicans see a set of diverse candidates as their strongest recruits in a handful of congressional seats the party needs to hold on to in order to keep control of the House in this year's midterm elections.
And in some of the toughest races for the GOP this fall, where the incumbent is not seeking re-election, Republicans are running candidates who would diversify their mostly white male House caucus.

GOP places hopes in diverse candidates for toughest midterm races - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, clearly someone got their numbers mixed up, and it's not clear whether it was the reporter or the CBS, inasmuch as that's not a quotation.
If you go to the CBC website, they claim to represent 24% of the US population.

Congressional Black Caucus

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why do fewer minority people run as Republican? Why don’t you ever hear republicans express concern that their party is represented by almost all white people? And why aren’t Republicans seeking out people of color to run for office. It’s just not a priority for them.
Wasn’t Michael Steel elected Chairmanship for the National Republican Committee? Many believe his election was because they wanted a black person representing that position

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you go to the CBC website, they claim to represent 24% of the US population.

Congressional Black Caucus

Ah, that's based on the total population of the districts they are elected from--they don't just represent the black people, they represent the whites and other groups in their districts as well (with the Senator representing at least half his state).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wasn’t Michael Steel elected Chairmanship for the National Republican Committee? Many believe his election was because they wanted a black person representing that position
Yes, I can admit they have given some lip service to diversifying, purely to attract black and Latino voters. But their base does NOT express concern about it.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The CBC is something like 10% of Congress. They may represent 24% of the population, (I’ll tsje your word for it) but they only have 10% of the power in Congress.
Their numbers are comparable to the black population (which is higher than any other minority BTW) but their representative foot print covers twice the black population. I was just pointing out that there is not a shortage of black people with political power which seemed to be what the person was suggesting.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ah, that's based on the total population of the districts they are elected from--they don't just represent the black people, they represent the whites and other groups in their districts as well (with the Senator representing at least half his state).
Yes! You're making my point.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, that's still racism. It's definitely not impossible for a black person to be enticed into racism against black people.
I disagree! I think it has more to do with crime than racism. Any cop who has to patrol a high crime neighborhood, who is in constant fear of his life; is going to treat the citizens of that neighborhood differently than a cop who gets to patrol a low crime neighborhood where he never fears for his life. That is an unfortunate reality; and it has nothing to do with racism.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree! I think it has more to do with crime than racism. Any cop who has to patrol a high crime neighborhood, who is in constant fear of his life; is going to treat the citizens of that neighborhood differently than a cop who gets to patrol a low crime neighborhood where he never fears for his life. That is an unfortunate reality; and it has nothing to do with racism.

Are you saying that it's impossible for a black person to be racist against blacks? Do you know enough black people and have spent enough time around black people over enough decades to make that assertion?

If a police officer--whether black or white--presumes that a person is more likely a criminal because of his skin color despite other evidences to the contrary (like, in my case, my clear identity as retired military, my conservative dress, my plain vanilla minivan, my license to carry (which requires a background check), my suburban address, then that police officer is being a racist.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0