White Supremacy and America's Dominant Religion

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
“America” can mean quite a few things. I am referring to the collective actions of people here.
So when you said “America will fall before things are resolved”, you were claiming the citizens will have to fail; is this correct? In which way would they have to fail, and what do you base that on?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you saying that it's impossible for a black person to be racist against blacks?
No; I’m not saying that. I’m saying I think the problem has more to do with patrolling a high crime neighborhood than racism.

Does it make sense to you that a cop patrolling a high crime neighborhood where he is in constant fear of his life, is going to patrol differently than a cop who patrols a low crime neighborhood where is is not in fear for his life? Does this make sense to you? Or am I missing something here.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So when you said “America will fall before things are resolved”, you were claiming the citizens will have to fail; is this correct? In which way would they have to fail, and what do you base that on?
I absolutely never said that. Sorry I think you are mistaken.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I absolutely never said that. Sorry I think you are mistaken.
I looked back over the replies and I did mistake you for someone else. I was responding to someone else when you entered the conversation. The person I was responding to, was referring to America as a country, when you entered the conversation referring to “America” as something else. That’s where the confusion came from.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I looked back over the replies and I did mistake you for someone else. I was responding to someone else when you entered the conversation. The person I was responding to, was referring to America as a country, when you entered the conversation referring to “America” as something else. That’s where the confusion came from.
No prob

Upvote 0

Quort

May 6, 2017
Elgin
✟10,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
If you meant me, I was being heavily sarcastic in post 167. The alleged preferential treatment of minorities was a couple of notches below humane; the very fact that those minorities needed protections is evidence of the failure of the law and society.

But, I know what you are doing.

Well, affirmative action is unequal law for the blacks, or other minorities. It declares that not all are equal.

Quort

Upvote 0

Quort

May 6, 2017
Elgin
✟10,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That is to counteract the problem of individual humans giving preferential treatment to whites.

No, it's not. It is to counteract equality. Equality doesn't work. So, some (whites) who have made the grades to enter a college, are not allowed because others (minorities) who have lesser grades are of a different race. If that is not a statement of white supremacy, I don't know what is.

But, as I have said, is what we call 'white supremacy' really just the 'blessing of God' upon a people. And we hate to admit it because God would never be a racist. Yet He chose the Jews.

Quort

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No; I’m not saying that. I’m saying I think the problem has more to do with patrolling a high crime neighborhood than racism.

Does it make sense to you that a cop patrolling a high crime neighborhood where he is in constant fear of his life, is going to patrol differently than a cop who patrols a low crime neighborhood where is is not in fear for his life? Does this make sense to you? Or am I missing something here.

But it also happens outside of "high crime areas." It happens in my town, despite the fact that we've been identified several years as the best place in the US to live.

And for that matter, I'd still assert that even in "high crime areas," police should be going on something more than the color of a person's skin. If they are patrolling even south Chicago, it is racist for them to presume that every black person is a criminal.

Yes, they still need to look with a more expansive eye at the person in front of them, not on standard prejudices.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But it also happens outside of "high crime areas." It happens in my town, despite the fact that we've been identified several years as the best place in the US to live.

And for that matter, I'd still assert that even in "high crime areas," police should be going on something more than the color of a person's skin. If they are patrolling even south Chicago, it is racist for them to presume that every black person is a criminal.

Yes, they still need to look with a more expansive eye at the person in front of them, not on standard prejudices.

Sounds like what’s going on in your neighborhood is racism. If cops patrolling a low crime neighborhood are only pulling over blacks and harassing them in a way they don’t other races, that sounds wrong. I don’t know where you live; I live on the West coast of the USA. Where I live this only seems to happen in poor high crime neighborhoods; not the low crime areas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, it's not. It is to counteract equality. Equality doesn't work. So, some (whites) who have made the grades to enter a college, are not allowed because others (minorities) who have lesser grades are of a different race. If that is not a statement of white supremacy, I don't know what is.

But, as I have said, is what we call 'white supremacy' really just the 'blessing of God' upon a people. And we hate to admit it because God would never be a racist. Yet He chose the Jews.

Quort
Wow. If you believe god has any kind of preference for white people, you are a white supremecist.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟334,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It happens in my town too. I'm in a small town of about 20,000 people, with occasional crimes but not a particularly high-crime area. My black friends and students report being stopped by police uncomfortably often. It's happened often enough that we're trying to take steps in the town, and in the university that's located in the town, to try to remedy this apparent bias.

I believe that the police in our town really are trying to do the right thing to keep the town safe. But unconscious prejudices can run deep, and can be hard to see in one's self.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

That was me.

America will fall before (human dignity, racism, sexism, pollution of spirituality, crimes against humanity, etc.) things are resolved.

In other words, the economy will collapse, and likely because of its highly distributed military due to nearly 18 years of war it will be a sitting duck for a real invasion and attack. America cannot survive when everyone is on an even playing field because, at the very least, capitalism works best as a pyramid economy.

The American framework depends on racism, sexism and ageism primarily - even though no one is supposed to know it, and no one should dare have the audacity to bring it up. Every other "ism" comes from those American foundations. Manifest Destiny, for example, was an example of the arrogance that feeds those foundations.

When I say America, I mean the national entity - not the people. There is a big difference. However, because a good number of Americans support these foundations aforementioned - whether ignorant of the purpose or not - America has continued to fuse with those foundations. Bandage law hasn't really done much but provide a false hope and cessation of scrutiny to the affected groups.

Because many Americans are ignorant of the history of America, and what Americans have done in the past (including parents and grandparents) to subjugate certain groups, the nation will not stand if those issues are resolved. It will implode - which is sort of what is happening. And, it has interesting symmetry in that at the time the subjugated groups would finally gain humane treatment, the nation would fall.

This is just par the course for a basic nation; things just seem more dramatic because the US is not actually a people; since everyone has enmity between another, and such a history of it has been ignored, there is no incentive for people to come together and work out differences.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It happens in my town too. I'm in a small town of about 20,000 people, with occasional crimes but not a particularly high-crime area. My black friends and students report being stopped by police uncomfortably often. It's happened often enough that we're trying to take steps in the town, and in the university that's located in the town, to try to remedy this apparent bias.

I believe that the police in our town really are trying to do the right thing to keep the town safe. But unconscious prejudices can run deep, and can be hard to see in one's self.

One of the things that isn't happening--but should--in small situations like yours is the loss of "community policing."

A few years ago, my daughter was reporting for the local NPR station in Bloomington IL. They were in the process of hiring a new chief of police and she interviewed the candidates.

One of the candidates was a highly decorated veteran of big city, rought-area policing. He had been in town a few weeks actually walking the streets to get to get "ground truth" of what the job entailed.

Bloomington bordered by another town (Normal IL), and between the two I think the population is about a 100,000. There is no "ghetto" per se, but the west side is distinctly lower income. The population there is racially mixed--it's not predominantly black, but a majority of the black residents of Bloomington live on the west side. That's also where the recent influx of Latino residents come to reside.

Bloomington has in the last ten years been attracting the attention of gangs (it's a stopover on the Interstate between St Louis and Chicago), but they haven't taken serious hold there yet. Bloomington thus doesn't really have bad areas, just areas where you need to be more careful.

The real policing task is light enough that I've seen them call in two cars for someone stopped on a bicycle.

So this police officer had done a personal study of the city and was discussing it with my daughter.

He pointed out that a fault of the police force was that they had--like most other forces--given up "community policing"--and unnecessarily so, given the small community. He pointed out that in any community there are stable residents--people with families, people who are there for life--and those people want to live in safety. He said there was no reason why Bloomington police should not know those people by name, no reason they shouldn't make a practice of stopping and talking to people, making personal connections.

He said there should be an understanding of the difference between "keeping the peace" and "enforcing the law," and let the stable residents understand that the police were just as interested in "keeping the peace" as they are, and want to be their partners in "keeping the peace."

He said that would mean, for instance, that when police officers respond to a trouble call from a stable resident--someone they've established a relationship with--they won't be looking around that person's house to find something to arrest the person who called them, but dealing with the problem they were called for (although that doesn't mean they wouldn't give an unofficial warning).

And if they get a tip of someone they're looking for at a certain address, they'd know that was a particular old lady's house and the guy was her grandson...maybe they don't need to do a no-knock with the SWAT team.

In his experience, that kind of policing would result in the effects they all really wanted. Residents would be much more likely to drop a tip like, "You know that burglary last week? Well, there are some knuckleheads from Chicago that have been hanging our at the Chicken Shack. You might want to check them out."

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,297.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You've been buying the liberal agenda. Police don't shoot non whites first. Yes cops shoot unarmed people. And they pay for or it. Or have you missed the prosecutions?

Well you're sure buying and selling the liberal agenda here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,297.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why do fewer minority people run as Republican? Why don’t you ever hear republicans express concern that their party is represented by almost all white people? And why aren’t Republicans seeking out people of color to run for office. It’s just not a priority for them.

I already said why. It's because the majority of the minority politicians are liberals. Despite the fact that the minority community generally hasn't gotten much better by following the liberal philosophy. The conservatives would love to have more minorities as conservatives. It has NOTHING to do with racism. It has EVERYTHING to do with philosophy.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,297.00
Faith
Pentecostal
At least they are in Congress and are now properly represented in the federal government instead of only being legally three-fifths of a person or denied the right to vote. You know, that is an amazing advancement that has occurred in the last 54 years since African-Americans and other minorities were finally given equality to white people in this country after the Civil Rights Movemen in 1964.

I'm glad you recognized that. Americans bled a died to give the blacks freedom. And the republicans fought to give them their civil rights. It was the Democrats that recognized that by creating a dependent minority community that they would get voters forever. And it worked.

Upvote 0

Quort

May 6, 2017
Elgin
✟10,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Wow. If you believe god has any kind of preference for white people, you are a white supremecist.

Affirmitive Action declares white supremacy. You ignore everything else that I said and simply jump on the white supremacy band wagon. Do a little thinking for yourself.

Quort

Upvote 0