Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. If you believe god has any kind of preference for white people, you are a white supremecist.

I've heard similar talk like that on this site before, but I can't post links or name names because that would be considered calling the members out who posted similar statements about white people.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That was me.

America will fall before (human dignity, racism, sexism, pollution of spirituality, crimes against humanity, etc.) things are resolved.
A quick look in the real world and you will see these things are being resolved right now. A quick google search can provide a list of laws, and sites dedicated to ending the above mentioned ills of society.

In other words, the economy will collapse, and likely because of its highly distributed military due to nearly 18 years of war it will be a sitting duck for a real invasion and attack.
Who will we go to war with that will last for 18 years?

America cannot survive when everyone is on an even playing field because, at the very least, capitalism works best as a pyramid economy.
Capitalism is probably the most moral of economic systems, and works best when everybody makes money.

The American framework depends on racism, sexism and ageism primarily - even though no one is supposed to know it,
What do you base this on?

and no one should dare have the audacity to bring it up. Every other "ism" comes from those American foundations. Manifest Destiny, for example, was an example of the arrogance that feeds those foundations.

When I say America, I mean the national entity - not the people. There is a big difference.
Explain the difference.

However, because a good number of Americans support these foundations aforementioned - whether ignorant of the purpose or not - America has continued to fuse with those foundations. Bandage law hasn't really done much but provide a false hope and cessation of scrutiny to the affected groups.

Because many Americans are ignorant of the history of America, and what Americans have done in the past (including parents and grandparents) to subjugate certain groups, the nation will not stand if those issues are resolved. It will implode - which is sort of what is happening. And, it has interesting symmetry in that at the time the subjugated groups would finally gain humane treatment, the nation would fall.

This is just par the course for a basic nation; things just seem more dramatic because the US is not actually a people; since everyone has enmity between another, and such a history of it has been ignored, there is no incentive for people to come together and work out differences.
You’ve made a lot of absurd claims with nothing to back it up. I understand these are your opinions, and you are definitely entitled to your opinions, but if you are trying to convince someone of your opinions, you need to provide something other than empty claims if you expect to be taken seriously. IOW your argument fails!

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only time I’ve been followed in a store or harassed by the police is when I’ve gone to economically oppressed, high crime neighborhoods (which also just so happen to have a high percentage of Black residences) And most of the cops that do the harassing are also black; (in my state many of the city counsel members fight to have the police as diverse as the neighborhoods they patrol thus there is usually a higher percentage of black cops patrolling black neighborhoods than white neighborhoods) When I go to low crime middle class neighborhoods, the cops, store clerks, and everybody else treats me the same as white people. The fact that black cops harass just as much (if not more) than white cops tells me the reason they harass in those neighborhoods has nothing to do with racism, but something else.
If only your experience were the norm... it’s almost hard to believe.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
A quick look in the real world and you will see these things are being resolved right now. A quick google search can provide a list of laws, and sites dedicated to ending the above mentioned ills of society.

Who will we go to war with that will last for 18 years?

Capitalism is probably the most moral of economic systems, and works best when everybody makes money.

What do you base this on?

Explain the difference.

You’ve made a lot of absurd claims with nothing to back it up. I understand these are your opinions, and you are definitely entitled to your opinions, but if you are trying to convince someone of your opinions, you need to provide something other than empty claims if you expect to be taken seriously. IOW your argument fails!

Ok.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think his experience is the norm. There isn't any pervasive racism against minorities in this country. I've seen far more racism from the minorities.

Yes there is.

But it does vary directly with generation.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think his experience is the norm. There isn't any pervasive racism against minorities in this country. I've seen far more racism from the minorities.
You’ve seen whites people getting pulled over by cops excessively and followed in retail stores? Whites denied a job due to race? Riiiiight.,.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,267.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You’ve seen whites people getting pulled over by cops excessively and followed in retail stores? Whites denied a job due to race? Riiiiight.,.

Racism isn't just about being followed in retail stores. And I have seen that by the way.

Racism is about disliking someone strictly based upon their color. My wife moved to a predominantly black area and was called a cracker and bullied by the blacks because she was white. There is no way I would walk through many of the black neighborhoods because I was white I would be harrases and assaulted. I have relatives who lived in a predominantly black neighborhood and when we visited with them they told us to stay indoors and not walk around the neighborhood due to the dangers because we were white. That is racism.

The black community is about 12% of the population but commits 28% of the crime. Police are more likely to be assaulted by a black person than a white one. Those are facts.

I have four black people as a members of our family. Two of them granddaughters. None of them have been harrassed like is claimed. One has shared experiences about being looked at more closely by people and cops, but they said it was because of the high crime rate area and an area where the blacks committed the majority of the crimes. He understood.

In our area the homeless are looked at more closely when they are in a store, because they commit a lit of theft there. It's a fact. Young people are watched very closely in some stores because they commit a lit of theft there. It's not racist or biased. It's just smart business.

• Informative
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

While I have witnessed some racism from some NDNs (such as referring to other NDNs in not so kind words because they aren't full blood), the vast majority of racism I've witnessed since I was a small child (almost 4 decades) as been white people against Native Americans and other minorities. And as a veteran Native American activist, I've also spent the last 27 years of my life experiencing firsthand and witnessing that kind of behavior against NDNs and other minorities by white people (white right wing Christians to be more exact). Please know I'm not trying to argue with you and dismiss what you said in your post, rjs. I just wanted to share my own experiences too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Americans bled a died to give the blacks freedom.

You mean "white people" right? Because 10s of thousands of colored troops fought for freedom as well. And let's not forget that white people were also fighting specifically for the right to keep them enslaved.

And the republicans fought to give them their civil rights.

Haven't you been corrected on this mythology previously?
Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

In this case, it becomes clear that Democrats in the north and the south were more likely to vote for the bill than Republicans in the north and south respectively. This difference in both houses is statistically significant with over 95% confidence. It just so happened southerners made up a larger percentage of the Democratic than Republican caucus, which created the initial impression than Republicans were more in favor of the act.

Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.​

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
While I have witnessed some racism from some NDNs (such as referring to other NDNs in not so kind words because they aren't full blood), the vast majority of racism I've witnessed since I was a small child (almost 4 decades) as been white people against Native Americans and other minorities. And as a veteran Native American activist, I've also spent the last 27 years of my life experiencing firsthand and witnessing that kind of behavior against NDNs and other minorities by white people (white right wing Christians to be more exact). Please know I'm not trying to argue with you and dismiss what you said in your post, rjs. I just wanted to share my own experiences too.
What's an NDN?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you be a little more vague? Let's make it easy; how about giving me (at least) one thing I said that you find difficult to believe, and we can discuss from there.
We can’t have a debate on the internet about your experiences. So it’s really not worth my time. I will rely on the first hand stories I’ve heard from every black person I’ve been friends with over the years.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We can’t have a debate on the internet about your experiences. So it’s really not worth my time. I will rely on the first hand stories I’ve heard from every black person I’ve been friends with over the years.
I'm not asking for a debate, I'm just curious about what I said that seems unbelievable to you. Do you think all black people have the same experiences? Do you think all black people think alike? have the same views? the same experiences? Or are you aware we are as diverse about our ideas, views, and experiences as anyone else.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is 'shorthand' for Indian. Say the letters out loud, it makes sense.

It almost seems like a slur. I'm surprised people who call themselves Indian even use that term. I had a friend once who was half Mexican and half Native American who was sensitive about racial things. Way too sensitive, IMO. If I said the word "engine" in a sentence, she'd jump all over me about making a play on words as if I meant "Indian". It reminds me of how we have to practically walk on eggshells around people of color so as not to be called a racist.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Will you rely on first hand stories from white people you've been friends with? I'm sure they'd have some stories to tell. It seems that racial division in this country goes both ways, and affects people of any skin color.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It almost seems like a slur. I'm surprised people who call themselves Indian even use that term. I had a friend once who was half Mexican and half Native American who was sensitive about racial things. Way too sensitive, IMO. If I said the word "engine" in a sentence, she'd jump all over me about making a play on words as if I meant "Indian". It reminds me of how we have to practically walk on eggshells around people of color so as not to be called a racist.

NDN is a common term used by many Native Americans. It’s used to distinguish Native Americans from Indians who are from India.

Upvote 0