Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I just heard that saying "White Lives Matter" is racist.

Um, I don't get it.

Here is the link: 'Non-white' student linked to racist graffiti inside school, officials say
It is OK to say "Black Lives Matter," but it is not OK to say "White Lives Matter."

Who makes up all of these rules?
Context matters, actual behavior and actions matter. It should be noted that it was a non-white who wrote that. That person did something that incited people towards anger against one another, it created division. It would be like shouting fire in a theater.

Of course that article doesn't mention why that person wrote that, could it in retaliation because some white person was being bullied... who knows? Fox news has not given a full account of what had happened, which is also another problem within mainstream media.

• Agree
Reactions: CherubRam
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Context matters, actual behavior and actions matter. It should be noted that it was a non-white who wrote that. That person did something that incited people towards anger against one another, it created division. It would be like shouting fire in a theater.

Of course that article doesn't mention why that person wrote that, could it in retaliation because some white person was being bullied... who knows? Fox news has not given a full account of what had happened, which is also another problem within mainstream media.
We are left often with wondering what the rest of the story is. I agree that context matters.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
If statistics are not "objective truth or fact," then what is?

What's your source for that rather astonishing claim?

It's not clear to me (as someone outside the US who is trying to understand the issue). What evidence?

Ok.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Black judges, police, and president does NOT mean the country is not a racist, clandestine system of injustice toward alleged undesirables (black and brown people).

My absolute goodness... we can end it here I don' want to get warned or something. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Look at the weaponry the gangs and assorted bad guys have now days. I can't blame the police for defending themselves in the best manner they can.
Thats what lead to it. And I used to support that. But I also feel that per spirit behind 2nd amendment we have the right to arm ourselves to the same level as our local agencies. Its more the attitude. The way simple arrests are made. Are we all the “enemy”.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Thats what lead to it. And I used to support that. But I also feel that per spirit behind 2nd amendment we have the right to arm ourselves to the same level as our local agencies.
I am a big second amendment supporter and have no problem with legal citizens being able to buy just about any type of legal weapon. It's the bad guys getting a hold of them that's the issue.

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I am a big second amendment supporter and have no problem with legal citizens being able to buy just about any type of legal weapon. It's the bad guys getting a hold of them that's the issue.
But discription of legal keeps shrinking. And so far they still get them. Thats why we call them bad guys. And they allways will. Its a calculated risk maybe? After Boston we learned pressure cookers are a standard bomb making component. But no restriction on those. How many people were killed in cars that day. By people who should have not been operating one. Modern societys been taught to fear guns as we dont use them in daily life anymore. The only people we see use them are bad. Or so the story goes. “Why would you want to own a gun?” Do I abide by the laws of my state? Yes. Will I? Yes. But its all brain washing. Movies. TV. News. In colonial and early post colonial America folks brought their own cannons to the front. But as we all know guns are dangerous. Guns are bad. Only bad people own them. Do away with guns and bad people will follow. Too bad reality doesnt follow logic. But we have made cars safer. And educated drivers better. Gave incentives to be more responsible. And enforced the laws we already had. Cars are larger, faster and more sophisticated than ever. And we have more drivers than ever.
OK~ back to OP! Yes As a last resort I would use a firearm to defend myself. As a Christian I would then be on my face asking the Lord for fogiveness if by doing so I stepped outside the bounds He set for my life.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Thats what lead to it. And I used to support that. But I also feel that per spirit behind 2nd amendment we have the right to arm ourselves to the same level as our local agencies. Its more the attitude. The way simple arrests are made. Are we all the “enemy”.

Militarization of any civil force (even like Airport Security being absorbed by Government) will cause the population to respond with opposite evolution - however, complacency, ignorance and petty prejudicial squabbles prevent that opposing evolution from being equal, or even marginally comparable.

The U.S. Police have Desert Storm I and II hand-me-downs from the military; coupled with the laws passed in the States since 2003, and the current economic state of America (the entire economy is artificially inflated, and will inevitably collapse soon), American cannot do anything to protest or prevent the inevitability of authority and judges. It is too late; something should have been done when people were protesting the police brutality and rising police state decades ago when the "crazies" were saying this (and everyone ignored them.) I can't really feel bad for the country since they let this happen to themselves. People are literally being murdered on camera by police, and it is being justified. *shrug*

It is just all around unfortunate, because I would like to think there are some decent people in the States that have been paying attention. However, the trajectory of the States (and the world) is one that is rushing to go to hell (not the place, but the actual status/state of being.)

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
But discription of legal keeps shrinking. And so far they still get them. Thats why we call them bad guys. And they allways will. Its a calculated risk maybe? After Boston we learned pressure cookers are a standard bomb making component. But no restriction on those. How many people were killed in cars that day. By people who should have not been operating one. Modern societys been taught to fear guns as we dont use them in daily life anymore. The only people we see use them are bad. Or so the story goes. “Why would you want to own a gun?” Do I abide by the laws of my state? Yes. Will I? Yes. But its all brain washing. Movies. TV. News. In colonial and early post colonial America folks brought their own cannons to the front. But as we all know guns are dangerous. Guns are bad. Only bad people own them. Do away with guns and bad people will follow. Too bad reality doesnt follow logic. But we have made cars safer. And educated drivers better. Gave incentives to be more responsible. And enforced the laws we already had. Cars are larger, faster and more sophisticated than ever. And we have more drivers than ever.
OK~ back to OP! Yes As a last resort I would use a firearm to defend myself. As a Christian I would then be on my face asking the Lord for fogiveness if by doing so I stepped outside the bounds He set for my life.
OH WOW!! I Posted this on wrong thread. BUT STILL RELEVANT! I was posting on should Christians use firearms to defend themselves! Sorry. I apologize.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Black Lives Matter movement arose from the PERCEPTION that African-Americans were killed as a result of American policing ... at a higher rate than non African-Americans.
It is not a matter of perception. It is a fact. And Native Americans are even MORE likely to be killed in confrontations with police.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because it's already a given that white lives matter. The entire black lives matter movement is to say that not only white lives matter.
Eh, not so fast.

If BLM is to add an assumed "also," then they would be protesting whites getting killed by police also. But they are not. So if you believe that Black Lives Matter, then white lives don't; and vice versa.

Did you notice how much the BLM adherents protested when several of the Prez candidates 2 years ago were saying "ALL lives matter?" Hillary was totally unprepared for the backlash when she said that.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eh, not so fast.

If BLM is to add an assumed "also," then they would be protesting whites getting killed by police also. But they are not. So if you believe that Black Lives Matter, then white lives don't; and vice versa.

Did you notice how much the BLM adherents protested when several of the Prez candidates 2 years ago were saying "ALL lives matter?" Hillary was totally unprepared for the backlash when she said that.

Do you harass organizations devoted to finding a cure for breast cancer by saying 'all cancer matters'?

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I think that the Americans have an unhealthy obsession with race. Can't you people just find a way to get along?

It is only an unhealthy obsession because the ramifications and history of it has been purposefully swept under the rug over many generations. It is vitally important for a lot of people who die because of race relations, racism and systemic racism. You may not be experiencing it, and I may not be experiencing it, but some people in the States experience it hourly, and then worldwide. Then, people call them liars. So, it is too important not to talk about.

However, trying to ignore the issue has made it turn into some monstrosity that has no choice to divide people. It is too big to ignore now, and so people naturally align where their heart is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
It is only an unhealthy obsession because the ramifications and history of it has been purposefully swept under the rug over many generations. It is vitally important for a lot of people who die because of race relations, racism and systemic racism. You may not be experiencing it, and I may not be experiencing it, but some people in the States experience it hourly, and then worldwide. Then, people call them liars. So, it is too important not to talk about.

However, trying to ignore the issue has made it turn into some monstrosity that has no choice to divide people. It is too big to ignore now, and so people naturally align where their heart is.
Put it in the history book and teach it. History cannot be changed. I've traveled extensively through the US and that systemic racism I did not see. I've seen poverty and excess, but mostly it's a pretty decent country populated by decent people.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Put it in the history book and teach it. History cannot be changed. I've traveled extensively through the US and that systemic racism I did not see. I've seen poverty and excess, but mostly it's a pretty decent country populated by decent people.

If you are ignorant of history, you repeat if. You have to confront history to change the future - or else, you are just stagnant.

It is cowardly to sweep serious social, moral, ethical, philosophical and spiritual matters under the rug because of discomfort.

My home country is the U.S.; it has been, and continues to be a systemically racist nation that hides behind progress as a justification for the atrocities of history it refuses to address. You have to have lived in the States, and been born there to understand it. That is true for any nation. But, I do appreciate your input (seriously.)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you harass organizations devoted to finding a cure for breast cancer by saying 'all cancer matters'?
Breast Cancer groups would be the first to agree that all cancers matter.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet having groups to address specific problems is somehow wrong?
Only wrong when they think their focus should be everyone else's focus to the exclusion of all other foci.

Upvote 0