Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I just heard that saying "White Lives Matter" is racist.

Um, I don't get it.

Here is the link: 'Non-white' student linked to racist graffiti inside school, officials say
I don't get it either, Michael. We are eye to eye on this one. It is exactly no more and no less racist than saying black lives matter. For heaven's sake, all lives matter.

When I didn't know that much about the group Black Lives Matter, I went to one of their protests against the many recent police shootings of innocent black guys . The one video I personally saw, the cop was so scared of the black dude reaching for his wallet after being requested to show his drivers license, that he blew the guy away. We're talking terror. Because the dude was black. The cop couldn't think rationally. Something has to be done on a pre-screening level, and training offered, to stop this sort of thing from happening. I felt good about being at the rally, which was very interracial.

But then come to find out that BLM has meetings which exclude whites. Now that's racism too.

And to further mess things up, BLM supports the eradication of Israel.

So my feelings towards the group have done a 180.

• Informative
Reactions: CherubRam
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
On the News videos that I have watched the Blacks ignored the police officer before they were killed.
Not all of them. Way not all of them. Are you talking about people talking back rudely to cops? Or are you talking about people who violently attack cops? I think you will agree that if someone is being a punk and mouthing off is an inexcusable reason to beat them senseless or shoot them. As for blacks actually attacking officers, I saw that in NONE of the news reports except the Michael Brown incident. I suspect that's the video you saw, probably on many occasions -- the press milked it for all it was worth.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one video I personally saw, the cop was so scared of the black dude reaching for his wallet after being requested to show his drivers license, that he blew the guy away. We're talking terror. Because the dude was black. The cop couldn't think rationally. Something has to be done on a pre-screening level, and training offered, to stop this sort of thing from happening.

This is what needs to be addressed ... An armed cop shouldn't be so terrified of blacks that he blows them away when they are reaching for their wallets ...

• Agree
Reactions: CherubRam
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't get it either, Michael. We are eye to eye on this one. It is exactly no more and no less racist than saying black lives matter. For heaven's sake, all lives matter.

When I didn't know that much about the group Black Lives Matter, I went to one of their protests against the many recent police shootings of innocent black guys . The one video I personally saw, the cop was so scared of the black dude reaching for his wallet after being requested to show his drivers license, that he blew the guy away. We're talking terror. Because the dude was black. The cop couldn't think rationally. Something has to be done on a pre-screening level, and training offered, to stop this sort of thing from happening. I felt good about being at the rally, which was very interracial.

But then come to find out that BLM has meetings which exclude whites. Now that's racism too.

And to further mess things up, BLM supports the eradication of Israel.

So my feelings towards the group have done a 180.
That's interesting. Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not all of them. Way not all of them. Are you talking about people talking back rudely to cops? Or are you talking about people who violently attack cops? I think you will agree that if someone is being a punk and mouthing off is an inexcusable reason to beat them senseless or shoot them. As for blacks actually attacking officers, I saw that in NONE of the news reports except the Michael Brown incident. I suspect that's the video you saw, probably on many occasions -- the press milked it for all it was worth.
No doubt that at times the police are at fault. That is the problem that needs to be fixed.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what makes you believe this is the case here?
I was going to post a few videos, one with Hillary being shouted down by BLM advocates when she said "All lives matter," and the other being an interview with the founder of BLM and one of the state chiefs who said her "All lives matter" waters down their message.

But there was too much bad language and attitude to post here.

Go google it for yourself.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
If you are ignorant of history, you repeat if. You have to confront history to change the future - or else, you are just stagnant.

It is cowardly to sweep serious social, moral, ethical, philosophical and spiritual matters under the rug because of discomfort.

My home country is the U.S.; it has been, and continues to be a systemically racist nation that hides behind progress as a justification for the atrocities of history it refuses to address. You have to have lived in the States, and been born there to understand it. That is true for any nation. But, I do appreciate your input (seriously.)
You don't confront history. You acknowledge it, learn from it and move on. Take it from the Jew who came from the Eastern Europe. In view of the history in the East, the American experience is but a hick up. Nor is it that unique nor restricted to people of different race. Slavery, only called serfdom, lasted into 19th century and affected millions of people. Of course Jews of the region had it even worse. Yet, you'd be hard pressed to find attempts at confronting that age of barbarity. Why? Because we learned a painful lesson how not to wallow in revisionism and harbouring historical resentments.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You don't confront history. You acknowledge it, learn from it and move on.

That is confronting history.

Take it from the Jew who came from the Eastern Europe. In view of the history in the East, the American experience is but a hick up. Nor is it that unique nor restricted to people of different race. Slavery, only called serfdom, lasted into 19th century and affected millions of people. Of course Jews of the region had it even worse. Yet, you'd be hard pressed to find attempts at confronting that age of barbarity. Why? Because we learned a painful lesson how not to wallow in revisionism and harbouring historical resentments.

Nope.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was going to post a few videos, one with Hillary being shouted down by BLM advocates when she said "All lives matter," and the other being an interview with the founder of BLM and one of the state chiefs who said her "All lives matter" waters down their message.

But there was too much bad language and attitude to post here.

Go google it for yourself.

Because that is intended to dismiss their position? Much like someone trying to devalue breast cancer research by saying 'all cancer matters'.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much like someone trying to devalue breast cancer research by saying 'all cancer matters'.
I do not think any Breast Cancer researchers or support groups would have any problem with "all cancer matters." Most would recognize that a breakthru in liver or colon or brain cancer may be applicable to and further their own research.

Why does BLM have a problem with "all lives matter?"

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not think any Breast Cancer researchers or support groups would have any problem with "all cancer matters." Most would recognize that a breakthru in liver or colon or brain cancer may be applicable to and further their own research.

Why does BLM have a problem with "all lives matter?"

BLM exists to protest the injustices served to Black men and women in America. They are literally the only group of people who were at one time considered a fraction of a human in the States by law.

Today, Black men (mostly) and women are easy targets for profiling and false incrimination - usually without thorough investigation. In America, you can just say you were raped by a black guy, or robbed by a black guy. They are shot down and beaten in the street by cops. People in America historically accused Black people of lying, and then when the Rodney King incident happened, it forced people to accept the brutality against blacks, but still the people always made an excuse against the person who was beaten. Often times, they called the victims liars. They still do.

Does that sound like a group of people whose lives are worth the same as the "average American?"

Suffice it to say that there needs to be awareness brought to people that Black Lives do indeed matter. You don't need to do that with other groups of people, specifically when other groups of people are not derided as animals, thugs, and criminals by circumstance and birth while your children do the same things and are called "good kids." It is very close time for Latinos and Natives to start doing the same thing, because clearly their lives are marginalized in the States also.

Now, if one can realize this outside the States, why is it so hard for people to realize this inside? Are you being dishonest? I really don't get it (but, I have an idea.) If you call BLM a terrorist state without understanding what an agent provocateur is, and why they are employed, then you are ignorant. But, if you do know this, and you still think BLM is a hate group - even comparable to other historically and violently/murderously racist groups - then that is a character flaw. A

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because it's obviously implied and only the disingenuous would try to claim otherwise.
If it was that obvious, there would have been no upset in the BLM crowd when someone says "All lives matter." But look at what happened when Hillary tried that. She got booed off the stage and had to have a private meeting with the BLM leadership.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0