• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

White Blood Cells, Platelets, and Cancer

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I've been having some health issues with my tongue.

It's been swollen and some white marks have appeared on it. My doctors and I are looking into various problems. It could be something as benign as a vitamin B deficiency (Lord willing), but there's also a slim possibility that it could be cancer.

I just got some blood work done and it revealed that my white blood cell count and platelet count were both normal. Is there an association between cancer in general and WBCs and platelets? Thanks for any insight.

• Prayers
Reactions: ~Zao~

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Try coconut oil pulling 6 Benefits of Oil Pulling — Plus How to Do It

Some studies suggest that oil pulling may decrease harmful bacteria in your mouth, prevent plaque formation and improve both gum health and oral hygiene.

However, the research is relatively limited.

Additionally, note that it should not be used in place of traditional oral hygiene practices, such as brushing your teeth, flossing, getting routine cleanings and consulting your dentist regarding any oral hygiene problems.

Yet when used as a supplementary treatment, oil pulling may be a safe and effective natural remedy to improve your oral health.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you want to hear some strange thoughts? No? Too late. I’ve been thinking about this lately (too much time on my hands) Good gut buddies and bad gut buddies. That’s what 99.9% of the human body is made of. Human cells are like 1% of body mass. Getting good gut buddies (a non canditis state) (non acidic) is the ideal for body health.

Iow, when the body has to do very little work to maintain an alkaline PH system that is most conducive to … let me just call it a restful state.

It’s much like the body of Christ, the visible church. For the most part it’s just made up of flesh, some good some bad but the essential part of it is only 1% the actual church of God (call that the invisible church) and the rest of the content contributes to it health (or not)

Being a nutritionists I know that the body needs times of rest from digestion, (over eating being the main contributor to a perpetual state of dis-ease) because it’s only when that system is not in use that the body can use time to repair itself.

I think that’s why God has sabbath rest. We can only assimilate so much before digesting the intake. But more important is the elimination of what is not conducive to health. And that’s before any repair can ever begin!

So sabbaths are very much like digestion. We need a break before we’re any good to the 1%.

Gotta find a new hobby :sorry:

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Do you want to hear some strange thoughts? No? Too late. I’ve been thinking about this lately (too much time on my hands) Good gut buddies and bad gut buddies. That’s what 99.9% of the human body is made of. Human cells are like 1% of body mass. Getting good gut buddies (a non canditis state) (non acidic) is the ideal for body health.

Iow, when the body has to do very little work to maintain an alkaline PH system that is most conducive to … let me just call it a restful state.

It’s much like the body of Christ, the visible church. For the most part it’s just made up of flesh, some good some bad but the essential part of it is only 1% the actual church of God (call that the invisible church) and the rest of the content contributes to it health (or not)

Being a nutritionists I know that the body needs times of rest from digestion, (over eating being the main contributor to a perpetual state of dis-ease) because it’s only when that system is not in use that the body can use time to repair itself.

I think that’s why God has sabbath rest. We can only assimilate so much before digesting the intake. But more important is the elimination of what is not conducive to health. And that’s before any repair can ever begin!

So sabbaths are very much like digestion. We need a break before we’re any good to the 1%.

Gotta find a new hobby :sorry:

I have decided to completely eliminate alcohol for a season. It's been over a month so far.

Reactions: ~Zao~
Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have decided to completely eliminate alcohol for a season. It's been over a month so far.
Try eliminating one meal for awhile too and see if that helps. It gives your system more time to work on itself. Turmeric is also really effective as anti-inflamatory too, which usually gets to the cause. I hope that helps some.

Upvote 0