Which Lawyer Do You Think Will Be The Fall Guy (speculation)

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are several lawyers (not named) mentioned in the latest indictment of the ex-president of the U.S. as co-conspirators. If defense claims that the defendant acted on advice of counsel, which one of these lawyers will likely take the fall. It is a speculative question I know. but what do you all think?

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There are several lawyers (not named) mentioned in the latest indictment of the ex-president of the U.S. as co-conspirators. If defense claims that the defendant acted on advice of counsel, which one of these lawyers will likely take the fall. It is a speculative question I know. but what do you all think?
Clark

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who knows, but I think the justice department perhaps set up a poor incentive structure for getting ex-allies to flip on Trump with how they've handled cases with other associates (like Cohen)

Opting to "win a battle instead of the war" so they can say they "got someone from Trump's circle" has made it so people aren't going to want to flip on him. There's really no upside. They flip on Trump, and then they end up being the ones who do time while Trump goes free.

If the justice department wants more people to be willing to turn on him, they're going to start having to dangle a better carrot on the end of the stick than "you do three years while the guy you just ratted on walks free"

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who knows, but I think the justice department perhaps set up a poor incentive structure for getting ex-allies to flip on Trump with how they've handled cases with other associates (like Cohen)

Opting to "win a battle instead of the war" so they can say they "got someone from Trump's circle" has made it so people aren't going to want to flip on him. There's really no upside. They flip on Trump, and then they end up being the ones who do time while Trump goes free.

If the justice department wants more people to be willing to turn on him, they're going to start having to dangle a better carrot on the end of the stick than "you do three years while the guy you just ratted on walks free"
So which lawyer do you think will get thrown under the bus?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
ROFLOL! I agree! But humor me and pick one . :)
I like your choice of Eastman, but since Pence rejected the arguments from Eastman's 'coup' memos, I'm going to have to go with....

Cheese-Bro

Trump fake electors plot

The January 6 committee's final report identified Trump lawyer Kenneth Chesebro as the plot's actual architect.

False elector documents really were submitted to the Archives, posing as genuine ones in an attempt to defraud the US and thwart the will of We The People.

--

I don't know to what extent Trump ever actually listened to Chesebro, so in terms of an actual Trump defense, it would be hard to claim that "Kenneth made me do it." For that, I suppose Giuliani is the best fit.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The January 6 committee's final report identified Trump lawyer Kenneth Chesebro as the plot's actual architect.
I had not considered him. :scratch: But,I guess he could be in the running.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Various co-conspirators appears to be fitting Sidney Powell for the job.

Trump’s ‘Co-Conspirators’ Are Already Starting to Turn on Each Other

“It is the ‘please don’t put me in jail, put that other guy in jail’ strategy,” says one attorney working in Trump’s legal orbit

Kerik’s lawyer continues: “Having Sidney Powell in the same courtroom would also significantly undermine [Jack Smith’s] case against the president, because the president and his lawyers could easily point at Sidney and say: Over there is the evidence of making knowingly false claims, not here. And President Trump rejected Ms. Powell’s efforts.”

This is a sentiment shared by Giuliani, and also by various senior members of Trump’s own team who would be thrilled if Powell ended up as one of the people who take the fall for theJan. 6 Capitol attack and the efforts leading up to it, sources close to Giuliani and the former president say.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Now that Giuliani, Eastman, Powell, Powell and Cheesbro have actually been charged in Georgia I expect we'll know pretty soon who is going to flip. My bet is Giuliani, given his age, will plea for a deal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now that Giuliani, Eastman, Powell, Powell and Cheesbro have actually been charged in Georgia I expect we'll know pretty soon who is going to flip. My bet is Giuliani, given his age, will plea for a deal.
How old is he? But a lot of them are up in age. Eastman is old too.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Giuliani is 79. If he decides to go to trial, a RICO conviction requires jail time...
I heard the minimum prison time for a RICO conviction is five years.He will be 84 in five years.

Upvote 0