Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Relegion loves to misquote that verse and also use it to say they can eat whatever they want and get drunk, when it's clearly talking about ceremonial feasts days but you blatantly ignore the verses in Leviticus that explain what it's talking about, sabbath days plural.
But you probably only read new testament so you wouldn't know that.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not quite I knew you would go there it's what religion loves to do. This ain't my first rodeo.
(Leviticus 23:32,37-38) 32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. 37 These are the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, everything upon this day: 38 Beside the sabbaths [that's the sabbath day] of the Lord, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the Lord.[Sorry God's word clearly separates the feast days from the sabbath day, also is what you eat and what you drink a shadow of things to come, no, but religion loves to misquote that verse, see when you use context it makes sense.]

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Leviticus 23:32,37-38) 32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. 37 These are the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, everything upon this day: 38 Beside the sabbaths [that's the sabbath day] of the Lord, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the Lord.[Sorry God's word clearly separates the feast days from the sabbath day, also is what you eat and what you drink a shadow of things to come, no, but religion loves to misquote that verse, see when you use context it makes sense.]
What is the ninth day of the month, is that two days past the seventh?

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, the passage specifically names sabbath days, if you choose to ignore that. It's your choice.
[And Colossians 2 isn't telling us not to keep the sabbath day, notice the context,] (Colossians 2:20-22) 20 Wherefore if you be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are you subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? [You see it's telling us don't let man's regulations tell us how we should be living in contrary to God's word. So when it says therefore let no man judge you it's not abolishing God's commandments.]

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I know is they had many feast days and days of rest, I don't have a Hebrew calendar so I don't know what days everything falls on.
From what I have read it’s basically a personal sabbath rest, before atonement.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From what I have read it’s basically a personal sabbath rest, before atonement.
Most churchs misunderstand (Colossians 2:16) , think about when it says let no man judge you in meat or drink, the misunderstood will say see we can eat and drink whatever we want, while Jesus says drunkenness is a way of the flesh and those that practice it do not inherit the kingdom of heaven, God's word doesn't contradict itself. What it's really telling us is don't let man's doctrines tell you to live contrary to God's word. Watch as you keep reading in context (Colossians 2:20-23) you'll see what it's talking about, and no I don't think we are obligated to keep the feast days but I'm still studying the word.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most churchs misunderstand (Colossians 2:16) , think about when it says let no man judge you in meat or drink, the misunderstood will say see we can eat and drink whatever we want, while Jesus says drunkenness is a way of the flesh and those that practice it do not inherit the kingdom of heaven, God's word doesn't contradict itself. What it's really telling us is don't let man's doctrines tell you to live contrary to God's word. Watch as you keep reading in context (Colossians 2:20-23) you'll see what it's talking about, and no I don't think we are obligated to keep the feast days but I'm still studying the word.
It would be a hard feat to accomplish imo.
It is interesting how it says your sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would be a hard feat to accomplish imo.
It is interesting how it says your sabbath.
I know one of them all the males were commanded to come to the temple so you can scratch that. Alot of hebrew roots christians try to keep them.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know one of them all the males were commanded to come to the temple so you can scratch that. Alot of hebrew roots christians try to keep them.
seems lot of work, hmm ninth day ninth hour, individual sabbath

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
seems lot of work, hmm ninth day ninth hour, individual sabbath
Imagine Americans trying to keep up with all the feast and sabbath days and still work, they would lose their jobs most of them.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Relegion loves to misquote that verse and also use it to say they can eat whatever they want and get drunk, when it's clearly talking about ceremonial feasts days but you blatantly ignore the verses in Leviticus that explain what it's talking about, sabbath days plural.

[And Colossians 2 isn't telling us not to keep the sabbath day, notice the context,] (Colossians 2:20-22) 20 Wherefore if you be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are you subject to ordinances, 21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? [You see it's telling us don't let man's regulations tell us how we should be living in contrary to God's word. So when it says therefore let no man judge you it's not abolishing God's commandments.]

Sounds like you're making excuses up to continue to believe what you've decided to already. Further discussion is not necessary.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

More like all churches except for a very few fringe sabbitarian denominations which came into being very late in church history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hezekiah81
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not quite I knew you would go there it's what religion loves to do. This ain't my first rodeo.

And this ain't the first rodeo. A thread like this gets started by a sabbitarian every weekend like clockwork.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you're making excuses up to continue to believe what you've decided to already. Further discussion is not necessary.
Sorry you don't know the difference between ceromonial feast days and sabbaths, from the Lord's day sabbath commandment.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I got another one coming and it will be good.

If you are trying to get Christians to stop honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by coming together on the day He rose from the dead you are barking up the wrong tree.

We know the Scriptures, we know the history of the Church. Sabbatarians routinely demonstrate their ignorance of both, because their doctrines depend on ignorance of Scripture and history, which is why the only Christians whose faith they can sabotage are those who are new and/or inexperienced Christians.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0