✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Colossians Chapter 2.

In order to save us, some ordinances were nailed to the cross, including the sabbath.

So you can insist on (everyone) following the sabbath, but it's basically saying Jesus died in vain.
The day God sanctified had to be abolished for you to be saved that makes zero sense.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It depends who you listen to.

God, or the part of your body that tries to convince you that he is god by quoting scripture.

Since satan quoted scripture and was rebuked by Jesus, we know that wicked thoughts are not allergic to scripture and the most prideful thoughts seek anything out to assert their importance, including scripture.
Satan doesn't promote keeping God's commandments like the body of Christ does, he promotes lawlessness.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They are talking about works without faith not the other way around.
The works that are required to demonstrate faith are explained in James, it all surrounds treating people with respect. Interpretations of the law tend to do the exact opposite.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Satan doesn't promote keeping God's commandments like the body of Christ does, he promotes lawlessness.
Not so.

The synagogue of satan 1st century was all about adding rules to the requirements of salvation.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So when Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments you think he didn't mean it.
The book recording that wasn't released until the second century.

However, I get the sense our fundamental understanding of what those commandments are is completely different.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The book recording that wasn't released until the second century.

However, I get the sense our fundamental understanding of what those commandments are is completely different.
So you think all 9 commandments are valid, except the one God said to remember and your telling me to forget it. Show me where God tells me that and I will believe you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being circumcised was part of the same law as the sabbath.
(1 Corinthians 7:19) Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. [Sorry God came down as a consuming fire and wrote with his own finger the sabbath commandment to emphasize its importance, and your comparing it to circumcision which God says is nothing, your case holds no water and you have nothing to stand on.]

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
(1 Corinthians 7:19) Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. [Sorry God came down as a consuming fire and wrote with his own finger the sabbath commandment to emphasize its importance, and your comparing it to circumcision which God says is nothing, your case holds no water and you have nothing to stand on.]

That reminds me of the following
Colossians 2
upload_2021-8-22_17-55-54.png

upload_2021-8-22_17-55-54.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Please one more time so we are clear, give me one verse that says sabbath day commandment is abolished, let me save you some time it's not there.

See above post about Colossians 2. Don't let anyone judge you in regards to a holy day relates to the sabbath (and specifically names sabbath days) so. That's that.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That reminds me of the following
Colossians 2View attachment 304751
View attachment 304751
You do realize that's speaking of ceremonial feasts days right, nowhere on the sabbath day are you commanded to make food and drink offerings, and also notice the grammar sabbath days plural. Here I'll save you time read (Leviticus 23:32,37-38) this will show you they are two different things, and one more thing notice the grammar ordinances that were against us, do you really think the day God sanctified is against you: no, it's for you.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You do realize that's speaking of ceremonial feasts days right, nowhere on the sabbath day are you commanded to make food and drink offerings, and also notice the grammar sabbath days plural. Here I'll save you time read (Leviticus 23:32,37-38) this will show you they are two different things, and one more thing notice the grammar ordinances that were against us, do you really think the day God sanctified is against you: no, it's for you.
No, the passage specifically names sabbath days, if you choose to ignore that. It's your choice.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See above post about Colossians 2. Don't let anyone judge you in regards to a holy day relates to the sabbath (and specifically names sabbath days) so. That's that.
Not quite I knew you would go there it's what religion loves to do. This ain't my first rodeo.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, the passage specifically names sabbath days, if you choose to ignore that. It's your choice.
Relegion loves to misquote that verse and also use it to say they can eat whatever they want and get drunk, when it's clearly talking about ceremonial feasts days but you blatantly ignore the verses in Leviticus that explain what it's talking about, sabbath days plural.

Upvote 0