Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are trying to get Christians to stop honoring the Lord Jesus Christ by coming together on the day He rose from the dead you are barking up the wrong tree.

We know the Scriptures, we know the history of the Church. Sabbatarians routinely demonstrate their ignorance of both, because their doctrines depend on ignorance of Scripture and history, which is why the only Christians whose faith they can sabotage are those who are new and/or inexperienced Christians.

-CryptoLutheran
I know your church history, man thinking he has the authority to change God most high's commandments, you can't change the sabbath day: God sanctified it, set it apart from every other day, man doesn't decide what righteous living is God does.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I know your church history, man thinking he has the authority to change God most high's commandments, you can't change the sabbath day: God sanctified it, set it apart from every other day, man doesn't decide what righteous living is God does.

This pretty clearly demonstrates that you don't know the history of the Christian Church. Since at no point has anyone changed God's commandments.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟281,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What day are the body of Christ to worship on? Do we keep God's commandment he said to remember or forget it? Are God's commandments no longer valid under new covenant? Did God change the day he sanctified the seventh day to the first day sunday or is it pick a day any day? Please use biblical evidence in scripture only to answer this.
The Sabbath will remain valid for ad long as it remains true that God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day, for as long as God is holy, and for as long as God saves His people out of bondage. By keeping the Sabbath holy, we are testifying to the truth of the things while refusing to keep it holy is denying the truth of these things.

• Winner
Reactions: Hezekiah81
Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This pretty clearly demonstrates that you don't know the history of the Christian Church. Since at no point has anyone changed God's commandments.

-CryptoLutheran
(Matthew 15:9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
(Matthew 15:9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Those of us familiar with Scripture will quickly note the irony in you posting this quote.

"Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 'Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.' He answered them, 'And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, "Honor your father and your mother," and, "Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die." But you say, "If anyone tells his father or his mother, 'What you would have gained from me is given to God,' he need not honor his father." So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

'"This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."'

And he called the people to him and said to them, 'Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.' Then the disciples came and said to him, 'Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?' He answered, 'Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.' But Peter said to him, 'Explain the parable to us.' And he said, 'Are you also still without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.'
" - Matthew 15:1-20

Immediately following this is the story of the faith of the Gentile woman,

"And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon. And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, 'Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.' But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, 'Send her away, for she is crying out after us.' He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.' But she came and knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, help me.' And he answered, 'It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.' She said, 'Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.' Then Jesus answered her, 'O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.' And her daughter was healed instantly."

The rulers and keepers of the Law are condemned, the Gentile woman's faith is extolled.

Hear the word of the Lord, your fastidiousness to the law of Moses will not help you; but rather you entertain strange doctrines and commandments of men, placing a burden upon God's children, a yolk that is impossible to carry. And in so doing you make your bed with the hypocrites and share in their condemnation. For the Law condemns us all, sinners without rest. There is no rest for those who keep the outward form of the Sabbath, but who deny its substance, Who is Jesus Christ Himself, and the rest He brings to weary sinners and all of God's creation by His victory over sin, death, hell, and the devil. That you, O wretched sinner, may no longer be condemned, but free by the grace of God who frees you.

Why do you return to the place of the dead? Why do you seek out the grave? Christ is risen, the grave has lost its power, death is defeated. Hear and be comforted, this is Good News to you O weary and wretched sinner.

Repent, turn away from your false doctrines, hear the Gospel of the Lord, may your conscience be free in Christ, that you may serve Him with a free and open heart.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you don't know the difference between ceromonial feast days and sabbaths, from the Lord's day sabbath commandment.
They're all mentioned though, so it's all covered.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those of us familiar with Scripture will quickly note the irony in you posting this quote.

"Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 'Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.' He answered them, 'And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, "Honor your father and your mother," and, "Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die." But you say, "If anyone tells his father or his mother, 'What you would have gained from me is given to God,' he need not honor his father." So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

'"This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."'

And he called the people to him and said to them, 'Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.' Then the disciples came and said to him, 'Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?' He answered, 'Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.' But Peter said to him, 'Explain the parable to us.' And he said, 'Are you also still without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.'
" - Matthew 15:1-20

Immediately following this is the story of the faith of the Gentile woman,

"And Jesus went away from there and withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon. And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, 'Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.' But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, 'Send her away, for she is crying out after us.' He answered, 'I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.' But she came and knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, help me.' And he answered, 'It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.' She said, 'Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.' Then Jesus answered her, 'O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.' And her daughter was healed instantly."

The rulers and keepers of the Law are condemned, the Gentile woman's faith is extolled.

Hear the word of the Lord, your fastidiousness to the law of Moses will not help you; but rather you entertain strange doctrines and commandments of men, placing a burden upon God's children, a yolk that is impossible to carry. And in so doing you make your bed with the hypocrites and share in their condemnation. For the Law condemns us all, sinners without rest. There is no rest for those who keep the outward form of the Sabbath, but who deny its substance, Who is Jesus Christ Himself, and the rest He brings to weary sinners and all of God's creation by His victory over sin, death, hell, and the devil. That you, O wretched sinner, may no longer be condemned, but free by the grace of God who frees you.

Why do you return to the place of the dead? Why do you seek out the grave? Christ is risen, the grave has lost its power, death is defeated. Hear and be comforted, this is Good News to you O weary and wretched sinner.

Repent, turn away from your false doctrines, hear the Gospel of the Lord, may your conscience be free in Christ, that you may serve Him with a free and open heart.

-CryptoLutheran
I rest my case. You do realize this is talking about trying to follow God's commandments without belief in Christ, the inward man must be cleansed, nowhere does that say the day God sanctified is abolished, and I'm not promoting anyone to follow man's fabricated doctrine sunday worship, I'm promoting the Lord's day [that's the seventh] which God who sanctifies me has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They're all mentioned though, so it's all covered.
You can be sincere and sincerely wrong, I'm going to post a new thread tonight that proves the sabbath day is still valid and it's straight out of the new testament so you can't deny it, I promise you it's good.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You can be sincere and sincerely wrong, I'm going to post a new thread tonight that proves the sabbath day is still valid and it's straight out of the new testament so you can't deny it, I promise you it's good.
Reading a lot of "ego" tells in the rhetoric.

Using carnal logic to piece together scripture cut outs like a collage proves nothing.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading a lot of "ego" tells in the rhetoric.

Using carnal logic to piece together scripture cut outs like a collage proves nothing.
Keeping God's commandments is the mind of the Spirit following man fabricated doctrine is opposite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Keeping God's commandments is the mind of the Spirit following man fabricated doctrine is opposite.
I'm reading way too much carnality in your posts to be convinced that you are a reliable narrator of the holy scriptures.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Com
I'm reading way too much carnality in your posts to be convinced that you are a reliable narrator of the holy scriptures.
Come out of her my people, I'm just a messanger who rebukes false doctrine when I see it. Nothing I have said contradicts God's word just your misunderstandings, I hope God shows you to put your pride aside which is carnal and receive the truth, you think I'm against you I'm for you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt it'll be anything that hasn't been posted before. You might want to post it here: Sabbath and The Law. You'll get more backup there.
No this isn't for sabbath keepers that already know the truth.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Com

Come out of her my people, I'm just a messanger who rebukes false doctrine when I see it. Nothing I have said contradicts God's word just your misunderstandings, I hope God shows you to put your pride aside which is carnal and receive the truth, you think I'm against you I'm for you.
Well, if you are for me, do something about that occult mist that affects people's minds. It's not a one person job.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, if you are for me, do something about that occult mist that affects people's minds. It's not a one person job.
Satan never dooped anyone into keeping God's commandments and said haha I got you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Satan never dooped anyone into keeping God's commandments and said haha I got you.
Actually, the way they're being kept is part of the problem.

The unrepented shedding of blood polluting all of the lands for centuries, especially by the church, has resulted in an occult atmosphere that feeds on extreme emotions. This leads to extreme interpretations that feed into it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I like to think of the commandments as promises.

For the sabbath, it is a promise to enter His rest.

go through the thou shalt not list, and it is a promise: as God transforms you, thou shalt not.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, the way they're being kept is part of the problem.

The unrepented shedding of blood polluting all of the lands for centuries, especially by the church, has resulted in an occult atmosphere that feeds on extreme emotions. This leads to extreme interpretations that feed into it.
What if I'm right and your wrong, just because you've be
Ah so you're on a mission to proselytize. Nothing new about that either.
You got it.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like to think of the commandments as promises.

For the sabbath, it is a promise to enter His rest.

go through the thou shalt not list, and it is a promise: as God transforms you, thou shalt not.
So when is that day of rest to you?

Upvote 0