Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
traingosorry said:
mmm, care to share why? and what info are you holding out on us??? :scratch:
I find CIBC to be really old fashioned with the way they process customer transactions in branches. This leads to lineups being REALLY long and slow to move.

Upvote 0

Ataradrac

Now with 50% less irony!
Feb 10, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
✟7,992.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We're with RBC, but only out of laziness. Their fees are outrageous, and they've messed up our account more times than I can count.

We have a friend who signed up with Presidents Choice Financial, and he loves it. He gets Superstore points for using his PC Mastercard, and every month earns free groceries. And there are no fees. So... Yeah. We would totally switch, except we have so many direct withdrawls coming out it would be a major chore to switch them all. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kwanseemun

Jan 14, 2005
Ontario, Canada
✟11,499.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
lol i'm the same as Bluelighted...i think...or at least my parents are lol....i don't really know much about banks considering i'm only 14, but i know my parents have money in Bank of Montreal, RBC and maybe somewhere else but those are the two that i know of....but the main one they use is bank of Montreal...

Upvote 0

desert_island_1

Be Transformed - Romans 12:2
Mar 4, 2004
Alberta
✟20,541.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I use TD because they offer some good deals for being a youth and that is where my mom has her account... I think it is moslt a matter of convience... the odd thing is that there is a CIBC like 5 blocks away and the closest TD is like 15 minutes driving...

Upvote 0

Alexander Nissi

Jan 18, 2005
B.C.,Canada
Visit site
✟14,082.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I use the Bank Of me myself and I. I got a student Loan my First year of college from The Royal Bank and then they started taking money out of my account illegally for my loan and not giving it to the gov't like they said they were doing. After that I switched to CIBC and this year they refused to let me take money out of my account b/c of a hold on the account by the gov't,that the Gov't said they didn't have on my account. I was laid off from work in dec 2003 then was on ei for 8 months. When I finally got a job the stupid bank took my paycheque from my employer and instead of putting it in my account they gave my 1st 3 paycheques to the gov't for my student loan. So needless to say I'm downright angry with CIBC and Royal banks. ~Alec

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maeyken

Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I use the Mennonite Savings and Credit Union (and unless you're from southwestern Ontario I bet you have never heard of it!!)

I've also used CIBC in the past, cuz they had a pretty good student account, and they have bank machines on my campus. But, my credit union won out on best interest rate for student loans!

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Maeyken said:
I use the Mennonite Savings and Credit Union (and unless you're from southwestern Ontario I bet you have never heard of it!!)

I've also used CIBC in the past, cuz they had a pretty good student account, and they have bank machines on my campus. But, my credit union won out on best interest rate for student loans!
I'm familiar with Mennonite Savings... they're around the London area, right? I had to study and report on Credit Unions all over Canada in my last job.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm with both the TD and the CIBC. I've always been with the TD and am happy with them. I'm only with the CIBC because my boss deals with them and set me up an account there that he direct deposits into. I transfer everything from there into the TD.:D

Technically I also deal with the Bank of Montreal because all of my investments are with Nesbitt Burns, which is owned by the BoM.

Upvote 0