Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do we know which abominations are OK with YHWH, and which ones he finds abominable?

For example:

Leviticus 11:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Eating shrimp is an abomination according to Leviticus.

Leviticus 18:22 King James Version (KJV)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

So is homosexuality according to Leviticus.

How do we know where to draw the line?

[1Jo 2:26-27 KJV] 26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

We have no need of the many self-made authorities out there to instruct us as to what are abominations and what are not. The Spirit of the Lord Most High abides in His people, and instructs them with what they need to know for their lives, teaching them ALL things, as the text above states. For it does not say SOME or MOST, but ALL things will the Spirit give to us to know of the things we need to know.

The Law of Moses commanded the offering up of burnt sacrifices, and that will likely again become a practice among the Jews. Some might say we Gentiles should follow suit. Well, the Spirit of the Lord does not bear witness to that to me or any other Gentile I have met. Jesus told one of the men He healed to go and offer up a burnt offering and to show himself to the priests, as the Law commanded. We today are not held to that requirement. So, going strictly by THE LETTER of what's written does indeed lead to death, as it is written. There is a SPIRIT who governs and enlivens what is written since that Spirit is hidden from those who would see themselves as wise.

People constantly debate this and many other issues as if their petty debates will ever settle the matter in the minds of all involved. Frankly, Paul already had something to say about endless debates. They are fruitless. All I can say, in the SPIRIT behind and within the letters of what's written, seek Him, and He is faithful beyond measure to give to you understanding.

So, the Hebrew Roots Movement, and all other legalists and nay-sayers to the freedom we have in Christ Jesus, and our redemption from the curse of the Law, they can clamor all they wish, but to no avail. The Lord is true, and every man a liar. Upon that basis I will hear the Lord who is the Source of all those written words. Pointing only at those words speaks loud volumes to the spiritual dysfunctionalities of any and all legalists who demand adherence to the feasts, sabbaths, and all other observances they seem to think are still binding upon all today.

Freedom....of which the prophets of old desired to peek at back then, but could not understand nor comprehend the fullness of import.

Jr

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Encouraging the body of Messiah to not eat animals that God said are abominable to eat is not "promulgating doctrines of demons". God forbad his people to eat unclean animals in Leviticus 11. You may want to reconsider your position, because, according to your position, Leviticus 11 is a doctrine of demons.

Teaching disobedience to God's commandments is what the devil does. He doesn't teach obedience to God's commandments.

Are you teaching obedience or disobedience?

God forbade the Jews to eat unclean animals during the time of the Mosaic Law being in effect for the Nation of Israel. The Mosaic Law does not apply to the church and the New Covenant is different then the old (MOsaic)

We do not stone our rebellious children
we do not stone women caught in adultery
We dot forbid wearing mixed fabrics
We do not have cities of refuge
We do not observe the passover sacrifice
We dot have wave offerings or sin offerings.
We do not provide for the Levitical priesthood!
These also are part of teh Mosaic Law. Are you saying these must be enforced by the church as well?

This is the rule for the church:

1 Timothy 4:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Are eels creatures of God? Lobsters? Crows? vultures?

I honestly have no clue why you and hark are putting up a fuss abou tthis? Are you still living in the OT under the Laws of Moses? All 613 oir have you jettisoned a few that don't fit your concepts?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't command anything of believers. YHWH does.

It is written in YHWH's Torah. It speaks of Messiah who was obedient to YHWH's Torah. He set an example for us to follow. We can still find the example outlined in the Torah

Speaking of conscience, YHWH says that he will put his Torah on our comprehension.

So you reject the writings of the new testament then as not applying to the new testament people of God?????

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Sanctified by the word" it was set apart by the word. What is this word, is it the Torah?

Not for teh Church.

Do you follow all 613 commands of the Torah? Which ones do you reject?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not for teh Church.

Do you follow all 613 commands of the Torah? Which ones do you reject?

I follow the Whole Torah--Genesis to Revelation...all of His Teaching.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God forbade the Jews to eat unclean animals during the time of the Mosaic Law being in effect for the Nation of Israel. The Mosaic Law does not apply to the church and the New Covenant is different then the old (MOsaic)

We do not stone our rebellious children
we do not stone women caught in adultery
We dot forbid wearing mixed fabrics
We do not have cities of refuge
We do not observe the passover sacrifice
We dot have wave offerings or sin offerings.
We do not provide for the Levitical priesthood!
These also are part of teh Mosaic Law. Are you saying these must be enforced by the church as well?

This is the rule for the church:

1 Timothy 4:1-4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Are eels creatures of God? Lobsters? Crows? vultures?

I honestly have no clue why you and hark are putting up a fuss abou tthis? Are you still living in the OT under the Laws of Moses? All 613 oir have you jettisoned a few that don't fit your concepts?
Israel is the ecclesia(church) and the ecclesia is Israel.

God only has 1 group of people - to separate yourself from Israel, is separating yourself from God’s people, the ecclesia, which is Israel. Messiah is not coming back for any other group of people.

Eels and lobsters were never sanctified by the word of God(Leviticus). You seem to not be able to grasp the context of what Paul is saying.

Just because you see “every”, doesn’t mean it means every single thing, just like the Messiah didn’t mean he will give us absolutely anything on earth if we ask him for it.

“Every creature” has a specific context.

the Messiah is not going to give us absolutely anything we want. If I ask him for a beach house on Mars... am I going to get that? He said ask him for ANYTHING, and he’ll give it to us.

“Anything” has a certain criteria, just like “every creature”.

• Winner
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Torah is also called the Penteteuch or the first five books of Moses. YOu are definitely following the teachings of Paul! For you are trying to conform gentiles to the Law of Moses and that was roundly condemned by the one God raised up to be the Apostle to the Gentiles!

If you are Jewish, or even Gentile, you are free to obey the laws of Moses.

Are you following these commands of Torah?

Sorry for the poor placement of them.

That every person shall write a scroll of the Torah for himself (Deut. 31:19) (CCA15). See Torah.
  1. To read the Shema in the morning and at night (Deut. 6:7) (CCA11). See Jewish Liturgy.
  2. To recite grace after meals (Deut. 8:10) (CCA13). See Birkat Ha-Mazon: Grace After Meals
  3. Not to lay down a stone for worship (Lev. 26:1) (CCN161).
  4. Not to stand by idly when a human life is in danger
  5. To relieve a neighbor of his burden and help to unload his beast (Ex. 23:5) (CCA70). See Love and Brotherhood.
    1. To assist in replacing the load upon a neighbor's beast (Deut. 22:4) (CCA71). See Love and Brotherhood.
    2. Not to leave a beast, that has fallen down beneath its burden, unaided (Deut. 22:4) (CCN183
    3. To be fruitful and multiply
      1. That an Ammonite or Moabite shall never marry the daughter of an Israelite (Deut. 23:4) (negative).
      2. Not to exclude a descendant of Esau from the community of Israel for three generations (Deut. 23:8-9) (negative).
      3. Not to exclude an Egyptian from the community of Israel for three generations (Deut. 23:8-9
      4. That a widow whose husband died childless must not be married to anyone but her deceased husband's brother (Deut. 25:5
      5. Not to have intercourse with a woman, in her menstrual period (Lev. 18:19)
        1. Not to travel on Shabbat outside the limits of one's place of residence (Ex. 16:29) (CCN7). See Shabbat.
        2. To sanctify Shabbat (Ex. 20:8) (CCA19). See Shabbat.
        3. Not to do work on Shabbat (Ex. 20:10) (CCN6). See Shabbat.
        4. To rest on Shabbat (Ex. 23:12; 34:21) (CCA20). See Shabbat.
        5. To celebrate the festivals [Passover, Shavu'ot and Sukkot] (Ex. 23:14
          1. To appear in the Sanctuary on the festivals (Deut. 16:16) (affirmative).
          2. To remove chametz on the Eve of Passover (Ex. 12:15) (CCA22). See Passover.
          3. To rest on the first day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:7) (CCA25). See Passover.
          4. Not to do work on the first day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:6-7) (CCN147). See Passover.
          5. To rest on the seventh day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:8) (CCA27). See Passover.
          6. Not to do work on the seventh day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:8) (CCN148). See Passover.
          7. To eat matzah on the first night of Passover (Ex. 12:18) (CCA23). See Passover.
          8. That no chametz be in the Israelite's possession during Passover (Ex. 12:19) (CCN3). See Passover.
          9. Not to eat any food containing chametz on Passover (Ex. 12:20) (CCN5). See Passover.
          10. Not to eat chametz on Passover (Ex. 13:3) (CCN4). See Passover.
          11. That chametz shall not be seen in an Israelite's home during Passover (Ex. 13:7) (CCN2). See Passover.
          12. To discuss the departure from Egypt on the first night of Passover (Ex. 13:8) (CCA24). See The Passover Seder.
          13. Not to eat chametz after mid-day on the fourteenth of Nissan (Deut. 16:3) (CCN104). See Passover.
          14. To count forty-nine days from the time of the cutting of the Omer (first sheaves of the barley harvest) (Lev. 23:15) (CCA26). See The Counting of the Omer.
          15. To rest on Shavu'ot (Lev. 23:21) (CCA28). See Shavu'ot.
          16. Not to do work on the Shavu'ot (Lev. 23:21) (CCN149). See Shavu'ot.
          17. To rest on Rosh Hashanah (Lev. 23:24) (CCA29). See Rosh Hashanah.
          18. Not to do work on Rosh Hashanah (Lev. 23:25) (CCN150). See Rosh Hashanah.
          19. To hear the sound of the shofar on Rosh Hashanah (
          These are only from the first 131 of the 613 laws of the Torah! How many of these have you disobeyed????

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Torah is also called the Penteteuch or the first five books of Moses. YOu are definitely following the teachings of Paul! For you are trying to conform gentiles to the Law of Moses and that was roundly condemned by the one God raised up to be the Apostle to the Gentiles!

If you are Jewish, or even Gentile, you are free to obey the laws of Moses.

Are you following these commands of Torah?

Sorry for the poor placement of them.

That every person shall write a scroll of the Torah for himself (Deut. 31:19) (CCA15). See Torah.
  1. To read the Shema in the morning and at night (Deut. 6:7) (CCA11). See Jewish Liturgy.
  2. To recite grace after meals (Deut. 8:10) (CCA13). See Birkat Ha-Mazon: Grace After Meals
  3. Not to lay down a stone for worship (Lev. 26:1) (CCN161).
  4. Not to stand by idly when a human life is in danger
  5. To relieve a neighbor of his burden and help to unload his beast (Ex. 23:5) (CCA70). See Love and Brotherhood.
    1. To assist in replacing the load upon a neighbor's beast (Deut. 22:4) (CCA71). See Love and Brotherhood.
    2. Not to leave a beast, that has fallen down beneath its burden, unaided (Deut. 22:4) (CCN183
    3. To be fruitful and multiply
      1. That an Ammonite or Moabite shall never marry the daughter of an Israelite (Deut. 23:4) (negative).
      2. Not to exclude a descendant of Esau from the community of Israel for three generations (Deut. 23:8-9) (negative).
      3. Not to exclude an Egyptian from the community of Israel for three generations (Deut. 23:8-9
      4. That a widow whose husband died childless must not be married to anyone but her deceased husband's brother (Deut. 25:5
      5. Not to have intercourse with a woman, in her menstrual period (Lev. 18:19)
        1. Not to travel on Shabbat outside the limits of one's place of residence (Ex. 16:29) (CCN7). See Shabbat.
        2. To sanctify Shabbat (Ex. 20:8) (CCA19). See Shabbat.
        3. Not to do work on Shabbat (Ex. 20:10) (CCN6). See Shabbat.
        4. To rest on Shabbat (Ex. 23:12; 34:21) (CCA20). See Shabbat.
        5. To celebrate the festivals [Passover, Shavu'ot and Sukkot] (Ex. 23:14
          1. To appear in the Sanctuary on the festivals (Deut. 16:16) (affirmative).
          2. To remove chametz on the Eve of Passover (Ex. 12:15) (CCA22). See Passover.
          3. To rest on the first day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:7) (CCA25). See Passover.
          4. Not to do work on the first day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:6-7) (CCN147). See Passover.
          5. To rest on the seventh day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:8) (CCA27). See Passover.
          6. Not to do work on the seventh day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:8) (CCN148). See Passover.
          7. To eat matzah on the first night of Passover (Ex. 12:18) (CCA23). See Passover.
          8. That no chametz be in the Israelite's possession during Passover (Ex. 12:19) (CCN3). See Passover.
          9. Not to eat any food containing chametz on Passover (Ex. 12:20) (CCN5). See Passover.
          10. Not to eat chametz on Passover (Ex. 13:3) (CCN4). See Passover.
          11. That chametz shall not be seen in an Israelite's home during Passover (Ex. 13:7) (CCN2). See Passover.
          12. To discuss the departure from Egypt on the first night of Passover (Ex. 13:8) (CCA24). See The Passover Seder.
          13. Not to eat chametz after mid-day on the fourteenth of Nissan (Deut. 16:3) (CCN104). See Passover.
          14. To count forty-nine days from the time of the cutting of the Omer (first sheaves of the barley harvest) (Lev. 23:15) (CCA26). See The Counting of the Omer.
          15. To rest on Shavu'ot (Lev. 23:21) (CCA28). See Shavu'ot.
          16. Not to do work on the Shavu'ot (Lev. 23:21) (CCN149). See Shavu'ot.
          17. To rest on Rosh Hashanah (Lev. 23:24) (CCA29). See Rosh Hashanah.
          18. Not to do work on Rosh Hashanah (Lev. 23:25) (CCN150). See Rosh Hashanah.
          19. To hear the sound of the shofar on Rosh Hashanah (
          These are only from the first 131 of the 613 laws of the Torah! How many of these have you disobeyed????

I follow the Whole Torah--Genesis to Revelation...all of His Teaching

Again, you have to search all of Scripture to see what the difference is.

FYI No one ever followed all 613, since some were for slaves, or freemen, or women, or when the temple was up etc...

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, you have to search all of Scripture to see what the difference is.

FYI No one ever followed all 613, since some were for slaves, or freemen, or women, or when the temple was up etc...

Well in post 205 you were the one who said you follow the WHOLE TORAH! I just posted a few you most likely are not! And it doesn't matter how many others did or did not obey- You were saying how you obeyed the whole torah and in about three minutes I showed you dead wrong! but you wish to take part of teh 613 command of Torah and force them on others!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well in post 205 you were the one who said you follow the WHOLE TORAH! I just posted a few you most likely are not! And it doesn't matter how many others did or did not obey- You were saying how you obeyed the whole torah and in about three minutes I showed you dead wrong! but you wish to take part of teh 613 command of Torah and force them on others!

You misinterpret my point and that is all.

Yes, the WHOLE TORAH from Genesis to Revelation. Do you not understand what that means?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Israel is the ecclesia(church) and the ecclesia is Israel.

God only has 1 group of people - to separate yourself from Israel, is separating yourself from God’s people, the ecclesia, which is Israel. Messiah is not coming back for any other group of people.

Very convenient re-representation to make it all fit an alternate system of thought.

Eels and lobsters were never sanctified by the word of God(Leviticus). You seem to not be able to grasp the context of what Paul is saying.

Just because you see “every”, doesn’t mean it means every single thing, just like the Messiah didn’t mean he will give us absolutely anything on earth if we ask him for it.

Wow. When we see "every," we are to believe that it means something other than what it means in our English language? What are your qualifications in Greek language translation? I was hoping to see some rationale as to why we are to believe you, and you offered this...

“Every creature” has a specific context.

the Messiah is not going to give us absolutely anything we want. If I ask him for a beach house on Mars... am I going to get that? He said ask him for ANYTHING, and he’ll give it to us.

“Anything” has a certain criteria, just like “every creature”.

Ah, the straw man fallacy. Hmm. Well, as relevant as that may seem to you, it failed to address what the other was saying. Lobster, shrimp, etc., do not at all compare to a house on Mars for argument.

Jr

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very convenient re-representation to make it all fit an alternate system of thought.

Wow. When we see "every," we are to believe that it means something other than what it means in our English language? What are your qualifications in Greek language translation? I was hoping to see some rationale as to why we are to believe you, and you offered this...

Ah, the straw man fallacy. Hmm. Well, as relevant as that may seem to you, it failed to address what the other was saying. Lobster, shrimp, etc., do not at all compare to a house on Mars for argument.

Jr
My point is that, just because you see the words “every”, “anything” etc doesn’t always mean that it always refers to every single thing.

can you show us where eel & lobster were set apart(sanctified/made holy)?

I’m sure you would agree that when the Messiah says “ask me for anything in my name and I will give it to you”, that he’s not gonna give us absolutely anything, no?

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point is that, just because you see the words “every”, “anything” etc doesn’t always mean that it always refers to every single thing.

can you show us where eel & lobster were set apart(sanctified/made holy)?

I’m sure you would agree that when the Messiah says “ask me for anything in my name and I will give it to you”, that he’s not gonna give us absolutely anything, no?

There's no specific naming of lobster and/or shrimp as set apart and made clean in and of themselves. That's a loaded question, like asking your neighbor if he has stopped beating his wife and kids. The Bible also does not specifically state that it's ok to fly in vessels powered by jet turbines, but we do it, and many other things. How many of your garments you wear are woven with more than one weave of mixed materials?

So, rather than to perpetuate the fallacy of demanding the conclusion without showing the premises, let's start with the following:

Matthew 15:17-20
“Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.” KJV

This clearly is speaking of foods. If one is going to try and argue that "whatsoever" does not mean anything and everything, I will have to disagree. Yes, it does imply any thing and every thing. There are many things that, entering the belly can and will do harm or even kill the individual, but "whatsoever" can legitimately be considered anything and everything where DEFILEMENT is concerned.

Now, if you personally choose to not eat those things, then great. Go for it, but to say to others that they are defiling themselves by not adhering to the Law of Moses on this, they are clearly at odds with the words of Christ Jesus (Yeshua, or whatever one may want to call Him). So, please, control your diet in accordance with whatever you so choose for yourself. I will even abstain from eating those thing before you if I were in your presence, but those who dare think they can bring to bear the Law of Moses against the brothers and sister in Christ Jesus, and have any face to show for a claim to be of Christ Jesus, that is a dichotomy with which to wrestle when we read the clarity of scripture in context.

Additionally:

Mark 7:15-19
“There is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. [” If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”] When he had left the crowd and entered the house, His disciples questioned Him about the parable. And He said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.) NASB

The Lord did not clarify by pointing out any inclusive exclusions from the Law of Moses. He certainly could have made that clarification, but He did not; given the all-inclusive phraseology and wording.

The problem in all this is people. One man will say, "That's pretty obvious we are allowed to partake of the dietary things excluded in the Law," while another, with differing sensibilities will say, "Nay....." In the end, it will be a matter where we can imagine the Lord looking at the naysayer and asking, "What is that to you if he tarry till I return...."

In other words, what's it to you what I or anyone else eats in thanksgiving unto the Lord? We have enough to worry about in our own lives than to drive the steak of the Law through the hearts of those who follow Christ Jesus, but are of a different mind in relation to the legalisms of the Law.

1 Timothy 4:1-5
“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.” KJV

Some of my Hebrews Roots movement friends love saying to all that, "YEAH, BUT....." Well, it is in vain that they deny and refute the word of God for what it says, laying claim to the idea that the rest of us don't understand the context nor the language, as if we all need them to open doors up for us that we may understand. I firmly believe in everyone having the right to help others understand their perspective, but having read, listened to and heard their objections to what we can understand from the above verses, none of them have come forth with anything reasonable, consistent, coherent, rational, spiritually relevant, nor verifiable from the many rules for proper intperretation for God's word. As a matter of fact, many of them resort to some of the same fallacies they would never permit coming from a Mormon or Jehovah's Witness.

Jr

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You misinterpret my point and that is all.

Yes, the WHOLE TORAH from Genesis to Revelation. Do you not understand what that means?

Well here is your post from #205:

So are you following the Torah laws I listed afterwards?

And only you that I know calls the whole Bible the Torah or book of Law! Everyone else recognize the pentateuch only!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So are you following the Torah laws I listed afterwards?

I already pointed to the fact that no one has, at anytime, since they only apply to certain groups of which no one person can be apart of. So, the answer is no.

And only you that I know calls the whole Bible the Torah or book of Law! Everyone else recognize the pentateuch only!

Uh oh, you mean I stand alone?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already pointed to the fact that no one has, at anytime, since they only apply to certain groups of which no one person can be apart of. So, the answer is no.

But do you believe those and the rest of teh 613 Mosaic Laws called Torah are still valid and binding on mankind?

Uh oh, you mean I stand alone?

Yeah, but don't let it stroke your ego! Because it is a stance no one I know as a follower of Jesus recognizes as real.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But do you believe those and the rest of teh 613 Mosaic Laws called Torah are still valid and binding on mankind?

Valid yes, and they are not binding on the nations (unbelievers), except for the 10.

As far as believers are concerned, we have the further picture revealed in what is called the "New Testament". We have to ask ourselves, what was done away with and what is upheld.

Yeah, but don't let it stroke your ego! Because it is a stance no one I know as a follower of Jesus recognizes as real.

This sounds like you are stroking your own little (or big) ego. Because you don't know anyone like me, then such a person may not be a "follower of Jesus"?

*As to my ego...fly free bird...fly...

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Valid yes, and they are not binding on the nations (unbelievers), except for the 10.

NOw show that the New Testament church which is Jew and Gentile is bound to observe the dietary, sexual laws. And why are you not striving with all your might to obey the ones I listed from Torah? Are you Okay with willy nilly picking where you will believe God and follow Him?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
NOw show that the New Testament church

Too many connotations that I don't have the time or desire to go into right now in this ^ phrase.

which is Jew and Gentile

No, not Jew and Gentile, but a New Creature.

bound to observe the dietary

Show me where I said this. And what do you mean by "bound", it is not a punishment to desire and have the ability to do what Yah has called good.

sexual laws

Do you really need me to show you about these from Genesis to Revelation?

We are unbound to be slaves of the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life...I don't know why you insist on presenting it as a bad thing.

1 John 5
"2By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,"
(Emphasis mine)

So, in that ^ sense, nothing He says is binding!

why are you not striving with all your might to obey the ones I listed from Torah

So, you do know me...in an earlier post you said you didn't and implied that I am not a follower of Messiah.

willy nilly picking

Is considering all that IS Written, "willy nilly"?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, not Jew and Gentile, but a New Creature.

And asd Gods Word said comprised of Jew and Gentile in one body! Why are you so nit picky.

Too many connotations that I don't have the time or desire to go into right now in this ^ phrase.

IOW you will not find one passage that says the NT church is bound to the 613 Mosaic Laws!

Show me where I said this. And what do you mean by "bound", it is not a punishment to desire and have the ability to do what Yah has called good.

Bound means committed. And I have no problem if you as an individual believer in your conscience before God wish to keep the Mosaic Laws. But if you even imply that all others or even a host of others must keep it- you are a Judiazer as Paul wrote.

So, you do know me...in an earlier post you said you didn't and implied that I am not a follower of Messiah.

I said you wewre a follower of the Old Covenant not the new if you think you are required to keep the 613 Mosaic Laws that are called Torah!

Well though you couch your answers to avoid very explicit declarations, you do seem to wish to pick and choose which of the 613 Laws of Moses you wish to be bound to keep!

Upvote 0