Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I can't find the passage that says the above ^ in the Bible.

So you are unaware that the body of Christ is called the church? And it was born at Pentecost?

And yes you are very nit picky. If people do not respond to you in just so a manner you throw up answers like the one above.

Either you are newly saved and do not know common terms believers use to call themselves globally or you have grown up in the faith in a very sheltered environment.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So you are unaware that the body of Christ is called the church? And it was born at Pentecost?

And yes you are very nit picky. If people do not respond to you in just so a manner you throw up answers like the one above.

Either you are newly saved and do not know common terms believers use to call themselves globally or you have grown up in the faith in a very sheltered environment.

There is another option.

I just don't subscribe to what you call "common".

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
[1Jo 2:26-27 KJV] 26 These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

We have no need of the many self-made authorities out there to instruct us as to what are abominations and what are not. The Spirit of the Lord Most High abides in His people, and instructs them with what they need to know for their lives, teaching them ALL things, as the text above states. For it does not say SOME or MOST, but ALL things will the Spirit give to us to know of the things we need to know.

The Law of Moses commanded the offering up of burnt sacrifices, and that will likely again become a practice among the Jews. Some might say we Gentiles should follow suit. Well, the Spirit of the Lord does not bear witness to that to me or any other Gentile I have met. Jesus told one of the men He healed to go and offer up a burnt offering and to show himself to the priests, as the Law commanded. We today are not held to that requirement. So, going strictly by THE LETTER of what's written does indeed lead to death, as it is written. There is a SPIRIT who governs and enlivens what is written since that Spirit is hidden from those who would see themselves as wise.

People constantly debate this and many other issues as if their petty debates will ever settle the matter in the minds of all involved. Frankly, Paul already had something to say about endless debates. They are fruitless. All I can say, in the SPIRIT behind and within the letters of what's written, seek Him, and He is faithful beyond measure to give to you understanding.

So, the Hebrew Roots Movement, and all other legalists and nay-sayers to the freedom we have in Christ Jesus, and our redemption from the curse of the Law, they can clamor all they wish, but to no avail. The Lord is true, and every man a liar. Upon that basis I will hear the Lord who is the Source of all those written words. Pointing only at those words speaks loud volumes to the spiritual dysfunctionalities of any and all legalists who demand adherence to the feasts, sabbaths, and all other observances they seem to think are still binding upon all today.

Freedom....of which the prophets of old desired to peek at back then, but could not understand nor comprehend the fullness of import.

Jr

So when this spirit comes and tells you to ignore the word of YHWH; how do you test it?

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Israel is the ecclesia(church) and the ecclesia is Israel.

God only has 1 group of people - to separate yourself from Israel, is separating yourself from God’s people, the ecclesia, which is Israel. Messiah is not coming back for any other group of people.
ah no.
Actually, Israel is Israel. NT ecclesia= church... is actually the church. Not Israel.
I agree that Chistians are called a people in the New Testament. That does not transform them into Israel, though.
Even in the NewTestament, Israel is still Israel.

If you're a gentile believer... and you rightly call yourself "non-Israelite"... you only speak the truth and speaking the truth won't seperate you from anything here.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So when this spirit comes and tells you to ignore the word of YHWH; how do you test it?

The Spirit will never contradict the written word inspired by YHWH. The Spirit speaks of things that contradict the warped and twisted interpretations of legalistic men who apply the pharisaical rules of eisegetical teaching styles as opposed to exegetical rules. They teach things that imply that there are contradictions between the declarations of the apostles and the OT. They speak in terms that give good indication that they do not accept Paul's clear meaning, but instead alter the meaning of his clear words with injections and subtractions rather than to letting the text speak clearly in its entirety.

I hope that answers your question.

Jr

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
ah no.
Actually, Israel is Israel. NT ecclesia= church... is actually the church. Not Israel.
I agree that Chistians are called a people in the New Testament. That does not transform them into Israel, though.

If you're a gentile believer... and you rightly call yourself "non-Israelite"... you only speak the truth and speaking the truth won't seperate you from anything here.

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Homosexuality and other sexual sins can cause you to lose your place in heaven. eating pork is not a sin tha tleads to hell. so the two abominations are not really comparable.

Interesting..... How do we know which sins are OK?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
ah no.

"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

Now He, [Yahshua] answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
no sins are ok but some sins are listed as causing one to not inherit the kngdom of God. i belikeve homosexuality is on that list.
Would it be safe to say that the sins worthy of death will keep us from Inheriting the kingdom?

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Homosexuality and other sexual sins can cause you to lose your place in heaven. eating pork is not a sin tha tleads to hell. so the two abominations are not really comparable.

Your preamble doesn't help your argument.

(CLV) Ja 2:10
For anyone who should be keeping the whole law, yet should be tripping in one thing, has become liable for all.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
ah no.

ah yes.

Yahshua came for none but Israel.

YHWH's covenant is with Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums