LadyCrosstalk

Aug 19, 2006
✟30,242.00
Faith
Christian
My question regarding post-death was only one "possibility" trying to think outside the typical theological box - not my saying that's what it is. I'm of the understanding that everything is a foreshadow and in case of the feasts there's no question on that. That would include the second chance Passover. I think there's something more there that needs to be studied and understood from a believers standpoint. I know that there's extensive commentary on it in the Jewish writings, but I'm trying to understand it from a perspective of believers. The first four feasts were literally completed while Yeshua was still he and the last three will be completed when He returns. The second Passover would have occurred after the first 4 feasts so does that mean there's something in between the two comings potentially?? I'm not sure. Really I'm just trying to noodle through it.

I will respectfully disagree that the laws are no longer "needed". I'm getting off in the weeds a bit, and it would probably need to be a completely different thread, but obedience is the difference between being holy and not being holy. We were gifted with righteousness through Yeshua's death. We should respond with action and that action is obedience. Obedience is how we become holy.

Contrary to western thought, righteousness and holiness are not synonymous. There's a reason the bride in Revelation has "prepared herself".

My question regarding post-death was only one "possibility" trying to think outside the typical theological box - not my saying that's what it is. I'm of the understanding that everything is a foreshadow and in case of the feasts there's no question on that. That would include the second chance Passover. I think there's something more there that needs to be studied and understood from a believers standpoint. I know that there's extensive commentary on it in the Jewish writings, but I'm trying to understand it from a perspective of believers. The first four feasts were literally completed while Yeshua was still he and the last three will be completed when He returns. The second Passover would have occurred after the first 4 feasts so does that mean there's something in between the two comings potentially?? I'm not sure. Really I'm just trying to noodle through it.

I will respectfully disagree that the laws are no longer "needed". I'm getting off in the weeds a bit, and it would probably need to be a completely different thread, but obedience is the difference between being holy and not being holy. We were gifted with righteousness through Yeshua's death. We should respond with action and that action is obedience. Obedience is how we become holy.

Contrary to western thought, righteousness and holiness are not synonymous. There's a reason the bride in Revelation has "prepared herself".

I agree (I love conversing with Messianic Jewish folk :)). Yeshua said that the Law will not pass away until all has been accomplished (when all believers are safely ensconced in the New Jerusalem, where the Lamb and God the Father Almighty are its light source). In the Great White Throne Judgment, the Law will be the basis under which un-redeemed sinners will be condemned. Unless the GWTJ is going to be a "kangaroo court" (and I don't believe it is) then some will be granted clemency--likely those who have believed in God the Father but did not understand the necessity of Messiah's Blood in achieving their redemption. "God-fearers" seem to be a special designation of persons. If presented with the truth, they seem to embrace it in the New Testament. But one wonders what is the status of those who have never heard about Jesus?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've pondered on this and studied it a little, but I figure I will put it out here to see what thoughts you all can offer.

So, Yeshua is our Passover Lamb, who died on Passover and took away the sins of all those that come to faith in Him. That's the Passover for the believer, right?

How then does Number 9 come into play?

If I am on a "long journey" in life to come to Yeshua, when is the opportunity missed and therefore in need of the "second Passover" opportunity?

Is that post-death some time? That would certainly contradict the vast majority of theologians...not that the Bible doesn't do that already on many other topics. I'm definitely learning to read it myself because most Chrisitian's theology and the Bible just don't line up. So please, can you offer every possible Scripture you have on the subject?

I realize that many of you errantly believe the "Old Testament" is outdated and we can ignore it. If you're that person, this question isn't for you. I would like to hear from those of you that consider yourselves observant of God's everlasting Torah.

I guess my boiled down question is when do we officially miss our first chance at participating in the "Passover lamb" that would then necessitate our second opportunity?

I think it was once an external thing, but now it's an internal thing.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I am on a "long journey" in life to come to Yeshua, when is the opportunity missed and therefore in need of the "second Passover" opportunity?

The 2nd passover was a sort of "fix" to a justified problem where people were not able to parttake in the first passover. So to look at this as fore shadowing you have to figure out what the contextualised "problem" that would cause someone to miss out. It seems you are leaning toward the "long jorney" but you will have to unpack what you are suggesting a "long journey" means?

I would suggest the the first and second passover is the old and new covenant. The second passover allows all to partake excluding no one because they were "unclean" or out of town

Christ is the fulfilment to the passover so no need for a second but I'm more referring to the second passover as an identified group that was unable to participate in the first passover and only through Christ are now able to. Christ fulfils both.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
I've pondered on this and studied it a little, but I figure I will put it out here to see what thoughts you all can offer.
So, Yeshua is our Passover Lamb, who died on Passover and took away the sins of all those that come to faith in Him. That's the Passover for the believer, right?

Is that post-death some time? That would certainly contradict the vast majority of theologians...not that the Bible doesn't do that already on many other topics. I'm definitely learning to read it myself because most Chrisitian's theology and the Bible just don't line up. So please, can you offer every possible Scripture you have on the subject?

I realize that many of you errantly believe the "Old Testament" is outdated and we can ignore it. If you're that person, this question isn't for you. I would like to hear from those of you that consider yourselves observant of God's everlasting Torah.

I guess my boiled down question is when do we officially miss our first chance at participating in the "Passover lamb" that would then necessitate our second opportunity?

Aaron Rich,

I can't figure anything out with the second Passover yet, but I was surprised to find Richard Ruhling talking about it on another forum:

"The Jews kept Passover weeks ago, but speaking of end-times in Matthew 24, Christ cited examples that fit a provision in their law for Passover a month later, “as the days of Noah” or “like a man traveling to a far country.” If Israelites took a long journey and couldn’t get back for Passover they were to keep it the 2nd spring month, Numbers 9:10,11, says Ruhling

Linking end-times to a huge event on that date should convince honest Jews that Christ was the Master who took the long journey (to heaven) and is returning for Passover, a time of judgment, (Exodus 12:12) as He foretold in Matthew 25:13,14. God won’t do anything without revealing it, Amos 3:7, but we’ve misunderstood You don’t know the day or hour. The Greek, eido, means to understand. He was saying the disciples didn’t understand and He then gave the examples, ‘as the days of Noah.’

Because I think that we are very close to something happening, I wouldn't discount anything at this point. But from what I can discern, it's the last seven weeks of this year that has me concerned. If Mr. Ruhling is right, we should get the "knock", the earthquake, from Revelation 8 as a warning prior to the "sudden destruction".

More from Richard:

That would be a month after the Jews observe Passover and precisely two weeks from when we see the New Moon crescent (chodesh, as specified by God to Moses[26]) in the western sky 20 minutes or so after sundown. It’s usually a night after calendars show a new moon because they go by a dark moon in conjunction; God gave a visible sign of the new month and the pure woman in Revelation 12 is standing on the moon—she has a lunar foundation.

We don’t set times; God set them. They are called appointed times, mo’ed, first found in Genesis 1:14 before sin or Jews and enforced by statutes forever.[27] Paul kept them[28] and said don’t let anyone judge how you keep them but the body of Christ (the local church should decide), but pro-catholic translators added an “is” making it sound like they are only shadows, the substance is Christ, so forget those shadows, and most Christians are clueless now.

May God help us to be ready as we invite others to share the blessing of the Christian’s Passover when we may expect the Master who took the far journey to return in conformity to His law; it’s still in effect “till heaven and earth pass.” None of this is too difficult; and we can be “ruler over all that He has.”

Peaceful Sabbath.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I can't figure anything out with the second Passover yet, but I was surprised to find Richard Ruhling talking about it on another forum
Surprised - several people for years here (cannot go into detail due to 'personal' rules onsite) have been pushing, pulling, cajoling, enticing, debating , arguing,
with slyness and cunning and subtlty
various methods and descriptions and even false doctrines of universal salvation,
started in and from and by the enemy promoting the one world church (no repentance needed, just join arms with us and sin ) erer... sing! (they say) ...
A lot (most) forums promote this, and users/ members of a lot of forums from a lot of 'no repentance needed / no Jesus needed today' groups keep trying -
so, no, once this is seen (as has already been seen frequently - wittingly or not on the part of verious posters)
no, no surprise.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

Hi there. I notice you have a Messianic symbol. I'm a Messianic Jewish Catholic who is Torah observant, so I'm probably the perfect person to answer you.

First, to clear up a misunderstanding... The Corban Sacrifice of Passover was not an atonement offering for sin. It remembered the last plague of the Exodus, where the blood of the lamb was painted on the doors of the Hebrews so that the Angel of Death would pass over.

Secondly, although we Christians can celebrate Passover (it IS after all, when Christ instituted the Lord's Supper), Passover is PRIMARILY to remember how God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt. IOW it is primarily a holiday for Jews, since Gentiles were not delivered from Egypt. Gentiles may certainly celebrate is, and are blessed for doing so, but should do so with the guidance of Jews. It should not be altered into some sort of quasi-Christian pseudo Passover, but should be a Traditional Seder.

My Catholic Church has a Seder every year. As a Catholic Jew, I am honored to sing the blessings, and to be on the planning committee. Perhaps you know of a church that has a Seder meal, officiated by a Messianic Rabbi.

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi there. I notice you have a Messianic symbol. I'm a Messianic Jewish Catholic who is Torah observant, so I'm probably the perfect person to answer you.

First, to clear up a misunderstanding... The Corban Sacrifice of Passover was not an atonement offering for sin. It remembered the last plague of the Exodus, where the blood of the lamb was painted on the doors of the Hebrews so that the Angel of Death would pass over.

Secondly, although we Christians can celebrate Passover (it IS after all, when Christ instituted the Lord's Supper), Passover is PRIMARILY to remember how God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt. IOW it is primarily a holiday for Jews, since Gentiles were not delivered from Egypt. Gentiles may certainly celebrate is, and are blessed for doing so, but should do so with the guidance of Jews. It should not be altered into some sort of quasi-Christian pseudo Passover, but should be a Traditional Seder.

My Catholic Church has a Seder every year. As a Catholic Jew, I am honored to sing the blessings, and to be on the planning committee. Perhaps you know of a church that has a Seder meal, officiated by a Messianic Rabbi.

While I was a member of the Worldwide Church of God I was told that our
observance of the foot washing service and wine and bread would be taking place
on the anniversary of the night before Messiah Yeshua - Jesus was crucified......
and it was stressed that the Jewish disciples of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus would be observing the
Passover Seder with their families 24 hours later.

Upvote 0