Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is amusing that whenever the discussion goes to plant life, they only example evos ever use is corn.

How about banana's?

Here's the wild version:

upload_2018-1-18_13-43-33.png

But yet, this is what you can buy at the store:

upload_2018-1-18_13-44-22.png

And it's not the only variation, off course...

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then post some of it and shut me up.

I don't want to shut you up, otherwise I'd put you on ignore. Post such as yours only highlight the ignorance and vacuity of the creationist position - which is a score for the "other side" i.e. reason and progress.

If I was not interested this would be a waste of time. I don't continue thinking I will convince the fundy evos. Not everyone in the forum has their idea on this debate set in cement like we do. They need to see the other side of the coin.

Oh, don't worry, we can all see the other side of the coin.....

Amusing. You still think pictures are evidence.

No, the picture is merely an illustration, the evidence is freely available to anyone who can use google and is actually interested in learning.

Get some seeds from each of the varities you pictured, plant them and you will get "after their kind:, not a different variety. What makes you think it will ever change?

Are they all different varieties/kinds? Because we KNOW that they all come from a common ancestor, that's a fact. If you're insisting they're different kinds you're admitting plants can cross the "kind" barrier. Nice one!

Ditto for cabbages, ditto for bananas (see above).

• Winner
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to shut you up, otherwise I'd put you on ignore. Post such as yours only highlight the ignorance and vacuity of the creationist position - which is a score for the "other side" i.e. reason and progress.

Oh, don't worry, we can all see the other side of the coin.....

No, the picture is merely an illustration, the evidence is freely available to anyone who can use google and is actually interested in learning.

Are they all different varieties/kinds? Because we KNOW that they all come from a common ancestor, that's a fact. If you're insisting they're different kinds you're admitting plants can cross the "kind" barrier. Nice one!

Ditto for cabbages, ditto for bananas (see above).
That arch atheist Gregor Mendel would be proud :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When your post include some verifiable, scientific evidence, I will respond.

This discussion has become a waste of time.
I have posted nothing but verifiable evidence, and I could even walk you through how to perform experiments that verifies it. All you need to do is ask for it. Heck, some of the female only lizard species can be replicated by making the species they are derived from live in close proximity so that they inevitably breed together, so even that is easy to replicate.

Well? Have you any interest in actual experiments?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,545.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
they are basically the same plant. so its not realy evolution.
-_- the modern store banana is not the same plant, it's a sterile hybrid of two different wild banana species. You didn't even do a Google search to see if the bananas sold in stores are the same species as the ones in the wild or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
as i said: both are banana.
-_- dude, you contested the store banana evolution in an entirely incorrect fashion. You should have contested it by stating that it's an infertile hybrid of two other banana species, not a derivative of a singular species selected for having fewer seeds over time. It's like comparing a mule to a horse, not a donkey and a horse.

That should have been your issue, because no one in their right mind would argue that a mule is the same thing as a horse.

Upvote 0