where is the limit judging other?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Perhaps the best way to think of selah is a combination of all these meanings. The Amplified Bible adds “pause and calmly think about that” to each verse where selah appears. When we see the word selah in a psalm or in [URL='https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Hab%203']Habakkuk 3, we should pause to carefully weigh the meaning of what we have just read or heard, lifting up our hearts in praise to God for His great truths. “All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name. Selah!” (Psalm 66:4)."[/URL]
https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/selah/
The above quote from gotquestions.org
===================
https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/selah/
"Selah" Meaning - Bible Dictionary

"Selah" Meaning - Bible Dictionary
Selah. This word, which is found only in the poetical books of the Old Testament, occurs seventy-one times in the Psalms and three times in Habakkuk. It is probably a term which had a meaning in the musical nomenclature of the Hebrews, though what that meaning may have been is now a matter of pure conjecture.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jonah 3:6 When word reached the king of Nineveh, he got up from his throne, took off his royal robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.

Did you mean that their sin was condemned? That would be correct. (of course a warning to people isn't a condemnation, but the sin is on the other hand condemned) Sin is part of what we mean by "actions", which we are allowed to judge. (actions can include choosing to lust after someone also, since it's a choice done).

We can condemn sin, but not the person. (the old "hate the sin, not the sinner")

Just like Christ -- he did not condemn the adulteress or the prostitute (John chapter 4 is one wonderful instance), but instead He taught them to turn to Him and to turn away from sin.

But notice this lesson in Jonah:

Jonah 3:10 When God saw their actions--that they had turned from their evil ways--He relented from the disaster He had threatened to bring upon them.
and then Jonah does want them condemned it seems!
Jonah 4:1 Jonah, however, was greatly displeased, and he became angry.

So, God has to straighten out Jonah about this wrong urge to condemn them.

Right, my point that I said in my previous post is that Jesus is referring to the wrong kind of condemnation put forth by the Pharisees who do not want certain people who have sinned to truly seek forgiveness with God and to then walk uprightly. Some Pharisees did not believe that certain people were deserving of grace. That is what Jesus is talking about. It is also the problem with Jonah, as well. But you cannot condemn a group of people (like the Ninevites) to judgment if it does not involve some kind of condemnation or threat of some kind. The Ninevites were truly facing God's wrath or judgment, and it was not wrong for God to tell Jonah that they would be destroyed. But because they repented, they were granted mercy. But condemnation of a group of people is similar to judging an individual. A group of people are made up of individuals. Jonah was talking to also individuals that make up the whole.

Also, you did not address my other points involving men of God judging other individual people. Please address those points, as well.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to say the truth about something bad is not to judge.
million examples

Millions? Thats a guess which is not truth. Yes as believers we only speak truth. Not guessing or speculation :) One can ask from the start..sorry who are you? Well the fruits of the spirit come in to play with 1st cor 13. How are you living? Doing the same thing? Matters not because if this is not in love then God will judge us as we have judged. And this happens so much in our lives. How many here think..oh I never judge anyone wrongly? Or that GOD has never judged me by my own words :)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
consign not but advice before death
isnt judgement

Puzzling sentence structure there. But in the end you have no ability or right to say that someone or anyone is going to hell. That is well above your pay grade.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No.
There are many people who are never forgiven their sins. A list is found in the Apocalypse, and includes liars, perverts(gays), adulterers, idolators, who don't repent and even many who never even think of repenting of worshiping demons.

That list includes everyone who sins and doesn't ask for forgiveness,
not any particular categories or pet peeves you have.

The reason I know whan a person is lying to themself is that they leave
out "obedience to parents"....too close to home I imagine.
It's much easier to hate what one imagines are "sexual deviates."
Which we base, of course, on outward appearances.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the verse I am talking about:

16“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor."

If you judge them based on outward appearance.

For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks on the heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But in the end you have no ability or right to say that someone or anyone is going to hell. That is well above your pay grade.
I agree with you with regard to the person, but what about the category, for example, Paul lists sins but he also lists sinners (fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals, etc 1 Corinthians 6:9-10)? It is very controversial to say something like homosexuals go to hell.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
to say the truth about something bad is not to judge.
million examples

I have a compromise solution. How about we inwardly judge other people against our own personal selves, but never let anyone know how we feel?

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I have a compromise solution. How about we inwardly judge other people against our own personal selves, but never let anyone know how we feel?
judge other people against our own personal selves, how that works?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.