• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by LittleLambofJesus, Aug 15, 2018.

1. jgr

jgr Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    Here is a link to Marshall's original treatise.

Notice the introduction:

“A Chronological Treatise Upon the Seventy Weeks of Daniel Wherein is Evidently Shown the Accomplishment of the Predicted Events, as Especially of the Cutting Off of the Messiah After the Predicted VII and LXII Weeks According to the Express Letter of the Prophecy...”

Not a hint of decapitation there.

From what PDF page numbers in this treatise did Watson copy what he asserted to be the basis for his decapitation claim?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Biblewriter

Biblewriter Senior Member Supporter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Why would they prefer the notes above the actual words of God himself?

3. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    You linked to a different book than the one quoted by William Watson, published three years earlier, by the same author. The one Quoted by Watson was "Three Letters in Vindication of the late Bishop Lloyd's Hypothesis on Daniel's Prophecy of the 70 Weeks" (London, 1728) It was not "A Chronological Treatise Upon the Seventy Weeks of Daniel," by the same author (London, 1725)

Note: In my first post on this, I erroneously gave the date of the "Three Letters" as 1726 instead of 1728.

Watson gave his quotation as coming from pages 44-45 of that work.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    What is the length of the gap which Watson claims Marshall espoused?

5. keras

keras Writer of Bible prophecy studies.

+1,538
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    In your post #1033, you said that seventy weeks are contiguous and may end at Jesus' Return. I subtracted 490 years from 2030.

Thank you James for your good post #1039, I have copied it for reference.
    All that is needed now, is to ascertain who are the two parties to this treaty.

My belief is that it will be between the leader of the One World Govt, then; not yet revealed as the Anti-Christ and the leaders of the new nation in all of the holy Land.
    Ezekiel 38:8-12 describes this nation, it is obvious they are not the Jewish State of Israel, but they are a people gathered out of the nations of the world and settled into all of the holy Land, without defenses; relying on God for their protection. They are all the faithful Christian people, all who stood firm in their faith during the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, that will clear and cleanse the entire Middle East region and change the world, enabling the establishment of a OWG.
    Those people are seen by John, praising God in the holy Land, soon after the Sixth Seal; Day of the Lord. Revelation 7:9-14 Most Christians today just assume this gathering is in heaven, but nowhere is this stated. May prophesies tell how the Lord will motivate His faithful Christian people to migrate to and live in His holy Land, being the people He always wanted but has never had there. The new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5

The Lord will protect them, as a huge army comes down from the north, to plunder them. Joel 2:20 describes their demise well. This massive defeat will scare the leader of the OWG, so he comes to Beulah and negotiates a peace treaty with them. As Isaiah 28:14-18 says; that is their bad mistake, as they should rely only on God for safety.
    So at the mid point of that 7 years, the Leader of the OWG, now revealed as the Anti-Christ, will take over Beulah, Zechariah 14:1-2, those Christians who rejected the treaty, Daniel 11:32b will be taken to safety, Revelation 12:14, but those who agreed to it, Daniel 11:32a, must remain. Revelation 12:17
    1260 days later Jesus will Return and commence His Millennium reign, those who kept faithful will be His priests and co-rulers. Revelation 5:9-10

6. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    Not. Reread the associated posts.

7. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I know only what he quoted from the book, which I quoted here.

8. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    Bro. Watson concluded his quote just a tad early.

From page 46:

"Now in a rational, and natural construction of the prophecy in the periods thus espressly and particularly here given, what can this remaining week be possibly other than the seventieth week of it?
    For if the particularized seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks be weeks undeniably parts of seventy weeks, consequently, with all reason the single week remains equally a part, undeniably also of seventy weeks.
    Otherwise, why should they be so, and not this? For the same reason that they are parts of the whole, so is this also.
    Nor do they make up the whole without this also. But altogether, or seven weeks and threescore and two weeks, and one week put together make up the whole seventy weeks of this prophecy."

Emphases mine.

Bro. Marshall was unmistakably and indisputably a "nondecapitationalist".

9. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+4,658
    Christian
    Married
    The same could be said about your team's use of Scofield's notes.

Apparently they had not cut Jeremiah 31:31-34 out of their Bible.

They had also failed to find an antichrist or a "gap" in Daniel chapter 9.

10. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    There is a covenant made with death and Sheol in Isaiah 28:14-18.
    There is a covenant confirmed with many in Daniel 9:27.
    There is no indication, explicit or implicit, of a connection between them.

There is a covenant made with the unfaithful in Isaiah 57:7-9.
    There is a covenant confirmed with many in Daniel 9:27.
    There is no indication, explicit or implicit, of a connection between them.

11. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    LINK?

12. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    We base no doctrine whatsoever on the notes of Scofield, or of anyone else. Some people use his notes. The only one of his notes that I quoted in my book, was pointing out why it was mistaken.

13. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Both are in the end times.

14. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    In post 1041.

15. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    Which began 2,000 years ago (Hebrews 1:1,2).

16. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
    Sorry, let me correct that.

17. jgr

+2,928
    Non-Denom
  18. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I do not understand the point you were making in post #1048.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  19. BABerean2

BABerean2 Newbie Supporter

+4,658
    Christian
    Married
    When you say "we" you must not be including the man who stood in the pulpit of my own church body and said that he was preaching out of the "Old Scofield Bible".

The truth is that your doctrine spread like a virus through much of the modern evangelical Church in America, through the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible.
    To say otherwise is a denial of the historical record.

20. Biblewriter

+1,144
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    What some obscure preacher said is immaterial. I was speaking of the leadership of the movement. And none of that changes the fact that I have personally shown you, and you have reacted to, hard proof that what you keep posting about the origins of the pre-trib doctrine is incorrect. The people who originally made these statements may have simply been misinformed. But to continue to post this material after seeing proof that it is not true constitutes an outright lie.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019