Where is the Evidence of a Gap in the 70 weeks of Dan 9?

Is there a "gap" in the 70 weeks of Daniel 9"

• Total voters

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... What is really indisputable, is that we await all the events prophesied for the last 15 or so years before Jesus Returns. ...

I'll dispute it, with Scripture and History, because it's not a "15" year wait until Jesus returns. It's closer to 3.25 years until HIS return.

And yep, that means we've started the 42 month Tribulation as of May.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So we are still under the old covenant, and Jesus has yet to come?
The covenant between god and Isreal has nothing to do with us, so your question is invalid.

Again, what was Daniel praying for, Gabriel answered daniels specific prayer, about daniels people, daniels city (jerusalem) and the temple. Daniel did not pray about the church or the gentile people. So to place the church, the new covenant or any other context on daniel 9 would be a horrific mistake.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One more time

The Holy City of Jerusalem was the holy place which was made desolate; declared by Scripture and confirmed by history.

Jerusalem was made desolate by the Romans who were Prince Messiah's agents of judgment, destruction, and desolation; declared by Scripture and confirmed by history.

Matthew 24 and Luke 21 are parallel accounts of the same event; declared by Scripture and confirmed by history.
A city is not a temple, and even the templeis not the holy place, the holy place is the inner sanctum, you need to learn historical context my friend.

Thus your point is mute

And no they are not, but if you think so, feel free,

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Old Testament text from Jeremiah 31:31-34 is shown quoted by the author of the Book of Hebrews in Uppercase letters, below.

Do you understand the meaning of the word "now"?

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH
Heb 8:9 NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
Heb 8:10 FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
Heb 8:11 NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
Heb 8:12 FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

One last time

Jeremiah 31:31–34 (NKJV): 31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

1. the house of judah and the house of Isreal rejected god, so that part has yet to be fulfilled
2. Even in the church, neighbor still has to teach neighbor and not every man can say they know the lord, because it is not true, yet this in not about the gentil church, it is about the house of judah and Israel thus, see number 1. Not yet fulfilled.

Yes, god has forgiven all sin and iniquity by his death, ut the houses of judah and isreal have yet to repent, so they are still being punished fr their sins (see lev 21)

Heb is trying to tell the houses of israel and judah this prophesy can be fulfilled now, they rejected him thus why 70 happened. The fulfillment will not be comlete until ALL of it comes to pass.

When it comes true, we will all know, there will be no . Just like there is no question jesus fulfilled ps 52.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi E.G.,
If we followed the angel's instructions, we should find fulfillments in the era approximate to 1948, and eliminate all the confusion, disagreement, and contention. What did we think would happen when we VIOLATED the INSTRUCTIONS?!?

12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

With Best Regards,
DaDad
I do not see 1948in this prophesy

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not see 1948 in this prophesy

Did you look in the Prophetic Psalms as proposed by J.R. Church in his book, "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms"? The book of Psalms is the text which Daniel used to interpret this 9th Chapter:

9:2 ... I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years ...

The PSALMS provides the "going forth of the word", which Young observed is NOT from a man-king, but is a dictate directly from GOD:

Walvoord citing Young:
"This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God. Young goes on to point out that the expression the commandment, which he insists is better translated “a word” (Heb. Dābār; cf. 2Ch 30:5) is also found is Daniel 9:23 for a word from God.
John Wolvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 224

Or you can believe that a man-king sent an edict and 483BC was "the time of the end".

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

oldrunner

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2018
usa
✟59,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Democrats
I'll dispute it, with Scripture and History, because it's not a "15" year wait until Jesus returns. It's closer to 3.25 years until HIS return.

And yep, that means we've started the 42 month Tribulation as of May.

Thanks,
DaDad

So, where is the Beast/Antichrist? (Rev 13/2nd Thess. 2) Where is the Temple or at least a tabernacle on the Temple Mt? Where do you get your info? Not being contentious, just curious. :)

I believe the Lords coming is close too. But I believe the six seals and the six signs Jesus gave us in Mat 24, must take place first, before the Parousia/coming. I see the Great Tribulation starting at the 3.5 mark.

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did you look in the Prophetic Psalms as proposed by J.R. Church in his book, "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms"? The book of Psalms is the text which Daniel used to interpret this 9th Chapter:

9:2 ... I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years ...

The PSALMS provides the "going forth of the word", which Young observed is NOT from a man-king, but is a dictate directly from GOD:

Walvoord citing Young:
"This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God. Young goes on to point out that the expression the commandment, which he insists is better translated “a word” (Heb. Dābār; cf. 2Ch 30:5) is also found is Daniel 9:23 for a word from God.
John Wolvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 224

Or you can believe that a man-king sent an edict and 483BC was "the time of the end".

Thanks,
DaDad
Daniel was refering to the books of the law “lev 26” and the prophet jeremiah

Jeremiah 25:8–11 (NKJV): Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Because you have not heard My words, 9 behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,’ says the Lord, ‘and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant, and will bring them against this land, against its inhabitants, and against these nations all around, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, a hissing, and perpetual desolations. 10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones and the light of the lamp. 11 And this whole land shall be a desolation and an astonishment, and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Daniel understood these 70years was almost up and his people had not yet repented, thats why he prayed this prayer.

Psalms is not in reference here

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, where is the Beast/Antichrist? (Rev 13/2nd Thess. 2)
The beast exercises his "authority" for 42 months. And where the degree of "authority" is not specifically enunciated, one should anticipate that there is a ~threshold~ in which the "authority" is in it's inception, and then a conclusion in which the beast is judged.

I would propose that when Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, that we crossed over the ~threshold~.

Where is the Temple or at least a tabernacle on the Temple Mt? Where do you get your info? Not being contentious, just curious. :)
I believe that Jesus explained that the Holy Spirit is the "Temple". Did you want something different?

I believe the six seals and the six signs Jesus gave us in Mat 24, must take place first, before the Parousia/coming. ...
It seems to me that these occur DURING the Tribulation, not necessarily BEFORE, but of course we need to equally expect some ~threshold~ circumstances because nation contentions are rising, but maybe not exponentially, and the same for earthquakes, etc.

Hope this helps,
DaDad

Reactions: oldrunner
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. the house of judah and the house of Isreal rejected god, so that part has yet to be fulfilled
2. Even in the church, neighbor still has to teach neighbor and not every man can say they know the lord, because it is not true, yet this in not about the gentil church, it is about the house of judah and Israel thus, see number 1. Not yet fulfilled.

On the Day of Pentecost about 3,000 from "all the house of Israel" accepted the New Covenant fulfilled by the blood of Christ at Calvary.

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
Act 2:40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
Act 2:41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

We see below that those in the New Covenant have the Holy Spirit as their teacher.

Joh 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel was referring to the books of the law “lev 26” and the prophet jeremiah
Psalms is not in reference here

Ummmm, that's not what the text suggests. In 1 Kings 3, Solomon asked for understanding -shama- for which GOD said HE'd give him what he asked for, -biyn-, Solomon Wisdom. (It's interesting that Solomon was so humble that he asked gingerly, but GOD provided bountifully.) It's this same -biyn- in Verse 2. So why do you use the simple -shama- (typical of reading a newspaper), when GOD used -biyn- (Solomon Wisdom)?

Thus the "books" is not a reference to the Book of Jeremiah, but rather the Book of Psalms. And if you search the Book of Psalms, you should find the "going forth of the word" exactly as Young prescribed.

And if you really considered that Daniel was called to prophesy to the nations, that the only way he could prophesy to his kinsmen was under the mantle of Jeremiah.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the Day of Pentecost about 3,000 from "all the house of Israel" accepted the New Covenant fulfilled by the blood of Christ at Calvary.

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
Act 2:40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation."
Act 2:41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

We see below that those in the New Covenant have the Holy Spirit as their teacher.

Joh 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

3000 out of every jew is quite a difference.

That would be like saying 3000 americans came to christ, thus all americans have found godm and. O more does neighbor have to teach neighbor.

The ot says all isreal will repent, paul reiterates in romans 11 that again, all will be saved

3000 is not close to all

Upvote 0

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm, that's not what the text suggests. In 1 Kings 3, Solomon asked for understanding -shama- for which GOD said HE'd give him what he asked for, -biyn-, Solomon Wisdom. (It's interesting that Solomon was so humble that he asked gingerly, but GOD provided bountifully.) It's this same -biyn- in Verse 2. So why do you use the simple -shama- (typical of reading a newspaper), when GOD used -biyn- (Solomon Wisdom)?

Thus the "books" is not a reference to the Book of Jeremiah, but rather the Book of Psalms. And if you search the Book of Psalms, you should find the "going forth of the word" exactly as Young prescribed.

And if you really considered that Daniel was called to prophesy to the nations, that the only way he could prophesy to his kinsmen was under the mantle of Jeremiah.

Thanks,
DaDad
Psalms does not tell daniel why isreal was being punished or why the end of the 70 years was at hand.

Read the first part of daniel 9 it explains it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-the-70-weeks-of-dan-9.8077710/#post-73069437
Daniel 9:24 ‘Seventy<7657> sevens<7620>
Daniel 9:24: .......are determined/decreed/divided<2852> upon thy people<5971>,..........
Daniel 9:24
...............,finish/restrain<3607> the transgression<6588>.........
to finish/stop-up<3607> the transgression<6588>,
...........and to seal-up/end<2856> of sins<2403>,.........
and to cover/make-atonement<3722> iniquity<5771>,

kaphar kaw-far' a primitive root; to cover (specifically with bitumen); figuratively, to expiate or condone, to placate or cancel:-- appease, make (an atonement, cleanse, disannul, forgive, be merciful, pacify, pardon, purge (away), put off, (make) reconcile(-liation).

The exact form of the word #3722 is used in only 2 other verses

Numbers 8:19
And I have given the Levites as a gift to Aaron and to his sons from among the children of Israel, to do the service of the children of Israel in the tabernacle of the congregation, and to make an atonement<3722> for the children of Israel: that there be no plague among the children of Israel, when the children of Israel come nigh unto the sanctuary.
1 Chronicle 6:49
But Aaron and his sons offered upon the altar of the burnt offering, and on the altar of incense, and were appointed for all the work of the place most holy,
and to make an atonement<3722> for Israel, according to all that Moses the servant of God had commanded.

The equivalent greek word is #2433

Hebrews 2:17

For this reason he had to be made like them,[fn] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God,
and that he might make atonement<2433> for the sins of the people.

and to cover-over/make-atonement <3722> iniquity<5771>,

`avon aw-vone' or oavown (2 Kings 7:9; Psalm 51:5 (7)) {aw-vone'}; from 5753; perversity, i.e. (moral) evil:--fault, iniquity, mischeif, punishment (of iniquity), sin.

Used in 2 other verses of Daniel

Daniel 9
13 as it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil hath come upon us, and we have not appeased the face of Jehovah our God to turn back from our iniquities<5771>, and to act wisely in Thy truth.

16 'O Lord, according to all Thy righteous acts, let turn back, I pray Thee, Thine anger and Thy fury from Thy city Jerusalem, Thy holy mount, for by our sins,
and by the iniquities<5771 of our fathers,
Jerusalem and Thy people are for a reproach to all our neighbours;

The greek equivalent appears to be #G93

93. adikia ad-ee-kee'-ah from 94; (legal) injustice (properly, the quality, by implication, the act); morally, wrongfulness (of character, life or act):--iniquity, unjust, unrighteousness, wrong.

Acts 1:18
(With the payment he received for his iniquity<93>, Judas bought a field;
there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms does not tell daniel why isreal was being punished or why the end of the 70 years was at hand.

If you want to interpret the Seventy Weeks, you must start with the Book of Psalms. If you like the lies the Commentators tell, then believe them.

But for reference sake:

Walvoord quoting Montgomery:
The history of the exegesis of the 70 Weeks is the Dismal Swamp of O. T. criticism. The difficulties that beset any "rationalistic" treatment of the figures are great enough, but the critics on this side of the fence do not agree among themselves; but the trackless wilderness of assumptions and theories and efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology. ... "

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217

“This prophesy of the seventy sevens is one of the most difficult in the entire OT, and although the interpretations are almost legion, we shall confine ourselves to the discussion of three which may be regarded as of particular importance.”

Guthrie, D., & J.A. Motyer, New Bible Commentary: Revised, Eerdmans Publishing Co., Grand Rapids, MI, 1970, p. 699

Note: According to the dictionary a legion consists of 3,000 to 6,000 foot soldiers, and 300 to 700 cavalry.
The reason the "interpretations are almost legion" is because each "version" has it's own difficulty(s), and each presenter says his/her "version" has fewer flaws than the next guy/gal. And I don't know about you, but I love a recipe which calls for flour, but is substituted with corn starch, or baking powder is substituted with baking soda. It should taste FINE.

Hope this helps,
DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eternally Grateful

Aug 15, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
✟14,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you want to interpret the Seventy Weeks, you must start with the Book of Psalms. If you like the lies the Commentators tell, then believe them.

But for reference sake:

Walvoord quoting Montgomery:
The history of the exegesis of the 70 Weeks is the Dismal Swamp of O. T. criticism. The difficulties that beset any "rationalistic" treatment of the figures are great enough, but the critics on this side of the fence do not agree among themselves; but the trackless wilderness of assumptions and theories and efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology. ... "

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217

“This prophesy of the seventy sevens is one of the most difficult in the entire OT, and although the interpretations are almost legion, we shall confine ourselves to the discussion of three which may be regarded as of particular importance.”

Guthrie, D., & J.A. Motyer, New Bible Commentary: Revised, Eerdmans Publishing Co., Grand Rapids, MI, 1970, p. 699

Note: According to the dictionary a legion consists of 3,000 to 6,000 foot soldiers, and 300 to 700 cavalry.
The reason the "interpretations are almost legion" is because each "version" has it's own difficulty(s), and each presenter says his/her "version" has fewer flaws than the next guy/gal. And I don't know about you, but I love a recipe which calls for flour, but is substituted with corn starch, or baking powder is substituted with baking soda. It should taste FINE.

Hope this helps,
DaDad

I do not need commentaries, i just need daniels words. It is the reason daniel prayed for his people to begin with, he said according to your law these things have come upon this. That is from lev 26, and he know the 70 years was almost finished, that is why he is trying to make intercession for his people. Plus daniel said outright. That he spoke of the prophet jeremiah

Daniel 9:2 (NKJV): in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, understood by the books the number of the years specified by the word of the Lord through Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

psalms does not explain this, nor does psalms say anything about 70years of desolations in jerusalem. Jeremiah does as i already proved,

May i ask where you are getting your information.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May i ask where you are getting your information.

... from the Book of Psalms and History, -- I told you already. But if you like what you think, then please be happy.

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

jimayars

Ph.D.
Site Supporter
Apr 6, 2004
Southern California
Visit site
✟1,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the problems when dealing with Daniel 9 is our failure to recognize the poetic structure of the passage.
1. The 70year exile was the result of the failure to observe the Sabbatical Year (every seven years the land was to be fallow -- no agriculture). For the 490 years prior to the exile, there had been no Sabbatical year -- that's a total of 70 (490 years contains 70 Sabbatical Years). So the exile was 70 years long to make up for the missed Sabbatical Years. (This is explained in Jeremiah and 2 Chronicles).
2. The promise is that another 490 years was allowed to Israel (70 Sevens).
3. It is possible to pinpoint the Sabbatical years from that time onward in Josephus and the Maccabaen literature.
4. The decree to rebuild Jerusalem is found in Ezra, and is datable (and it was the first year after a Sabbatical Year).
5. The poetic structure follows a parallel two point outline -- one dealing with the people, the other dealing with the city.
6. There are seven items to be fulfilled in the initial promise in answer to Daniel's prayer: "O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for Your own sake, O my God, because YOUR CITY and YOUR PEOPLE are called by Your name." Dan. 9:19
7. Gabriel answers Daniel's plea with a two-fold answer: "Seventy Sevens (Sabbatical Periods) are decreed four YOUR PEOPLE and YOUR HOLY CITY --
a. To finish transgression,
b. To put an end to sin,
c. To atone for iniquity,
d. To bring in everlasting righteousness,
e. To seal both vision
f. and prophecy,
g. and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
8. Gabriel continues the two-fold theme:
"Know and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build JERUSALEM (the City) to the coming of the MESSIAH (for the PEOPLE), the prince, there shall be seven Sabbatical periods. Then for sixty-two Sabbatical periods it (the City) will be built again...but in troubled times."
"After the sixty-two Sabbatical periods, the MESSIAH (for the PEOPLE) shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy THE CITY and the Holy Place. Desolations are decreed.
"And HE (the MESSIAH for the PEOPLE) shall make a strong covenant with many for one Sabbatical Period; and in the middle of that Period he will put an end to sacrifice and offering (Old Covenant fulfilled)."
"And on the wing of abomination shall one come who makes desolate (the CITY) until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator."
In other words, half of the statements apply to the MESSIAH and His People, and the other half apply to the future of the CITY.
That this applies to Jesus Christ should be obvious. A.D.27/28 was the beginning of a Sabbatical Period. In the middle of that Sabbatical Period, He died for the sins of the whole world, bringing to fulfillment all of the types, shadows, ceremonies pointing forward to salvation. At the end of that Sabbatical Period, the Gospel went out from Jerusalem to the whole world in the conversion of Paul. 40 years later (a generation), the CITY was destroyed.
Try this on and see if it all fits. I may be able to document more. Blessings in Him in whom we are complete.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... from the going out of the word to restore and build JERUSALEM (the City) to the coming of the MESSIAH (for the PEOPLE), the prince, there shall be seven Sabbatical periods. Then for sixty-two Sabbatical periods it (the City) will be built again...but in troubled times."
"After the sixty-two Sabbatical periods, the MESSIAH (for the PEOPLE) shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy THE CITY and the Holy Place. Desolations are decreed.
So the proposed "going forth of the word" was roughly 483 BC. And the coming of the "anointed one" was 49 years later in roughly 434 BC. -- And this first "anointed one" is Jesus?

And then some 434 years later (at the year zero) a second "anointed one" is Jesus again?

And these events were fulfilled according to the angel's instructions in 12:4 & 9?

So you want me to believe that 483 BC, some 50 year after the text was written and the ink was still wet, was the "time of the end" and the words of the book and the "seals" could be opened??

And where everyone else is gullible enough to believe this malarkey, you want me to believe it also?

And this is only the start of the problems with this ~interpretation~.
Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0