Where in Revelation is a Rapture Mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It doesn't matter in what languages they were written, simply because when they were translated into English at the command of King James, there were a LOT of people who were the best in their fields in his presence. They all worked together to make sure the accurate scriptures and translations, even accounting for the discrepancy in translation. The King James Bible is the most accurate English Translation of everything all together.
Which leads me to this point, actually it's kind of funny.
Your own verse denies you a rapture.
Simply because in this use of that verse, you are denying the context that the verse is in.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A good father yes, but also God, knowing what they have to go to make their faith stronger, A Good God as he is, would make you stronger during the tribulations! And as a father would help you through them.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It doesn't matter in what languages they were written, simply because when they were translated into English at the command of King James, there were a LOT of people who were the best in their fields in his presence. They all worked together to make sure the accurate scriptures and translations, even accounting for the discrepancy in translation. The King James Bible is the most accurate English Translation of everything all together.
Which leads me to this point, actually it's kind of funny.
Your own verse denies you a rapture.
Simply because in this use of that verse, you are denying the context that the verse is in.
So you are saying that People who speak a different language and merely translate have a better understanding of what is said than the people who actually say it - now that makes no sense at all
it appears that you simply choose to make it mean what you want it to regardless of what it does mean

But yeah you did not use a scripture that spoke of a rapture
but the bible does speak of a rapture

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those who followed Moses’ law.

So those who, in faith and obedience, followed Moses' law, both ethnic and non-ethnic Israelites?

In other words, faith and obedience were God's criteria?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ex:If they are from the house of Israel or Judah, then they’re part of the group. They are those who are from the seed of Abraham. Those who followed Moses’ law. It’s not too hard to figure out who is a Jew... But right now in the church age we are spiritually all one in Christ Jesus. But when Jacob’s trouble comes, the Kingdom and very probably along with the new covenant will be preached to Israel mainly. To let them know that they are the ones who killed their messiah. We can’t know exactly what’s going to happen during Jacob’s trouble and what exactly with details... But the Bible clearly makes a difference between Jews and gentiles, otherwise there wouldn’t be mentions of it anyhow.

What did Paul say below about genealogy?

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

What did Paul say below about who the Abrahamic promise applied to?

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Since the "time of Jacob's Trouble" occurred during the captivity in Babylon over 2,000 years ago, you would need a time machine to see it.

You seem to have missed Peter's words to "all the house of Israel" in the passage below, which occurred at the beginning of the Church Age.

Peter also told them they had crucified the Messiah.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Below a modern Jew found the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and came to understand that the New Testament is a book about the New Covenant. He then became a follower of Christ.
The time for preaching the New Covenant to Jews and the rest of the world, is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The same good father who gave up Jesus on the Cross is the same good God, who would definitely put every Christian through that to make them strong enough to face anything! *Ahem* Don't twist my words, that's not right. And not cool. I'm using the same scripture you are, you are just using it in the wrong context.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A good father yes, but also God, knowing what they have to go to make their faith stronger, A Good God as he is, would make you stronger during the tribulations! And as a father would help you through them.
A Good father will NOT put his children in danger regardless of what he wants to teach them -
Going through tribulations is thing like losing a job , going through divorce a thousand things , the Great Tribulation is destined for people who Reject Jesus , so they will fall for a false messiah because they reject the True Messiah

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The same good father who gave up Jesus on the Cross is the same good God, who would definitely put every Christian through that to make them strong enough to face anything! *Ahem* Don't twist my words, that's not right. And not cool. I'm using the same scripture you are, you are just using it in the wrong context.
Jesus Is God , as Jesus said No one takes His life from Him , as He lays it down of his own doing , and takes His life up again so that all people will now have the privilege of eternal life with the Father if they believe on Jesus
I did not twist your words , you did that all your own

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are two important things here, they both have to do how you read that verse in the context of the chapter and in relation to the other verses in the bible. He put Jesus in Danger. Knowing he would come back stronger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are two important things here, they both have to do how you read that verse in the context of the chapter and in relation to the other verses in the bible. He put Jesus in Danger. Knowing he would come back stronger.
No that is not at all true - not even in the slightest
Jesus is Almighty God - Jesus IS the Alpha and Omega
He is Almighty !
Jesus IS the Creator of Everything that is made
He made the heavens and the universe
Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All it boils down to is Faith. If you had a lot of faith, you could go through anything with God at your side. Like I said in my original post, without faith it is impossible to please God, and trials and tribulations build faith. If God is all knowing which he is, then he knows what the tribulation will do to your faith to make it stronger. Or if you will not make it.
It is true God the Father, sent Jesus the son to die, on earth. How is that not putting him in danger?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is the point of being a Christian? If we don't act like Jesus Christ. This whole thread, we've all missed the point. You are arguing with me, and I with you. That's not what Jesus would do. Not at all.
Let's simply state our beliefs, instead of arguing about them.
Personally, I believe there will be no rapture, why do I believe that, because I have faith that no matter what happens, he'll bring me through it.
Both you and I are not Christians, because we do not act like Christ. Christ wouldn't have argued with either opinion or belief. He wouldn't have argued because he already knows the truth.
So no neither of us are Christians.
If we missed the basic principals of Christianity and fought over something.
I'm going to ask for forgiveness tonight, I suggest you do the same.
Starting now. I love you, seventysevens. Because Jesus loves you, starting now, I would give my life for you.

Upvote 0

Cynthia1234

Apr 16, 2018
Tokyo
✟11,017.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did Paul say below about genealogy?

1Ti_1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

What did Paul say below about who the Abrahamic promise applied to?

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Since the "time of Jacob's Trouble" occurred during the captivity in Babylon over 2,000 years ago, you would need a time machine to see it.

You seem to have missed Peter's words to "all the house of Israel" in the passage below, which occurred at the beginning of the Church Age.

Peter also told them they had crucified the Messiah.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Below a modern Jew found the promise of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and came to understand that the New Testament is a book about the New Covenant. He then became a follower of Christ.
The time for preaching the New Covenant to Jews and the rest of the world, is now.

That’s the first time for me to hear such a thing... =___=

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.