WHERE DOES IT SAY GOD'S SABBATH IS ABOLSIHED AND WE ARE COMMANDED TO KEEP SUNDAY AS A HOLY DAY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Being a student of history ( and particularly christian history ) , I understand that the "recognizable church " was the catholic church from which we get Christmas ( Christ' Mass ) . I also am given to understand that the building of buildings and calling them churches was most likely encouraged by Constantine ( who I would not recognize as a follower according to his life ) I also recognize that the protestant churches kept many of the traditions such as sunday worship along with a "pastor/priest / leader " who brought the world of God to the audience . These are all traditions of men and of course the SDA also follow many of them .
Sunday worship is actually a commandment of God . ( This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it ..I do not believe this was in reference to a sabbath ) ...of course if God did not make Sunday , we should not rejoice . Sunday is not the sabbath but we also know that some people keep every day and it was not uncommon for the early church to keep every day as a holy day . ( And they went from house to house daily breaking bread . ) When you gather on the first day of the week , etc.
I have attended a SDA gathering but it seems to me anyway , that there is a feeling of superiority because they observe the actual sabbath and are keeping the commandment . ( I am aware of EW's teaching regarding Sunday worship as the fulfillment of the scripture regarding changing the times and seasons . ) One of the biggest concerns with any group is when we start thinking we are " keeping" the law ( including the ten commandments )and start comparing ourselves with others who we believe are not . It will ultimnatley lead to spiritual pride which is like carbon monoxide . It can easily become a "check off the box " observance to God and a sign of superiority ...it almost can't help to . I am not against those who wish to observe only one day of worship and or/rest and that day the Jewish Sabbath for Paul gives allowance for that . But I would count it as naught regarding my righteousness for otherwise Christ died in vain . And Christ did not die so I could worship on a Saturday or a Sunday or a Monday or a Tuesday . He did not die that I could keep the Law . He died so I could be reconciled to God our Father through the forgiveness of Sin and by the power of regeneration , via the Holy Spirit , love our Father and keep his commandments . ( The greatest being love . ) Again , I believe that every day is the Lord's Day .

Hello brother NeedyFollower, nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I like your name title. I think I am also a needy follower. I can do nothing without JESUS.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. It seems that we have a similar view of History in some of the examples you outline above. However, where does it say as you have claimed above in God's WORD that Sunday worship is a commandment of God? How do you get Sunday out of the scripture this is the day that the Lord has made?

According to God's WORD brother We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.

God's WORD however says that God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

JESUS says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

I personally believe God has his people in ALL Churches and is calling them out to worship according to his WORD in Spirit and in TRUTH *JOHN 10:16; JOHN 4:21-24; REVELATION 18:1:4.

Back to the OP. Where in God's WORD does it say that God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are NOW COMMANDED to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY DAY?

Who should we BELIEVE and FOLLOW, the teachings and traditions of men that break the Commandments of God or the WORD of GOD?

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the WORD).

God bless.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
to the week and put the Sabbath on a completely different day? If it was wrong for a Roman pontiff, who at least presumes to be a Christian religious leader, to arbitrarily redefine the "seventh day," then how can it be better for the Roman Caesar to do the same?

still a straw man... why do you refuse to change your language?

Your trying to make an argument against the OP and God's WORD that is not true.

I am not trying to make an argument against the OP, I am trying to tell you the OP is a straw man which is a different thing. I agree there are no scriptures for the abolishment of the 4th commandment or a commandment to keep Sunday... but who cares? this doesn't mean a whole lot.

If you do not have scripture for your position then we should consider carefully why follow man made traditions over the WORD of GOD? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it. *ROMANS 3:4

what position? I have told you I am not arguing your points until you fix the straw man. My only position right now is that the OP is a straw man.

Correct you have no scripture for this tradition because there is no scripture simple as that. As shown earlier through the scriptures the only strawman is those making a trying to say God's 4th commandment is abolished or not a requirement of Christian to obey it. If you believe that there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day then you are correct and you are accountable to God for what you know.

Just look at all those in this thread for example arguing ACTS 15 to try and teach God's 10 commandments are not a requirement for Gentile believer?

whoa whoa.... back up here. claiming something is not required is not the same as saying it is abolished. I think you better check your OP, no one claims the 4th commandment is abolished. the result of something abolished, of course, is that it's not required but it is not the only condition that removes the requirement of something. Change your OP to reflect what your opponents are actually saying and I will gladly post scripture

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
whoa whoa.... back up here. claiming something is not required is not the same as saying it is abolished. I think you better check your OP, no one claims the 4th commandment is abolished.

Not really brother. Claiming something is not required is the same outcome as saying something is Abolished another words it is not required. This is the context to the OP. Your claims that no one believes God's LAW and God's 4th Commandment is abolished is a false one as many here do believe this. You can speak for yourself that is fine but you do not speak for all christianity and everyone in it that believes differently to you.

As shown earlier through the scriptures the only strawman is those making the claims or trying to say God's 4th commandment is abolished or not a requirement of Christian to obey it. If you believe that there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day then you are correct and you are accountable to God for what you know.

However, that is what you know as a single person. What you believe does not represent all Christianity that go to church on Sunday. Many think that God's 10 commandments including God's 4th commandment Sabbath has been abolished or are no longer a requirement for Christianity. Just look at all those in this thread for example arguing ACTS 15 to try and teach God's 10 commandments are not a requirement for Gentile believer? This alone should show you that many do not believe the same as you do brother.

Your making broard general claims for all of those who go to Church on Sunday that simply is not true. In my experience sharing God's WORD throughout my time there are many who genuinely teach and think God's 4th commandment is not binding on Christians or is abolished so your claims here are simply not true. If you understand that there is no scripture to say God's 4th commandment has been abolsihed and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day than you are responsible to God alone for what you know.

I am not making an argument against someone but simply providing the word of GOD in MATTHEW 15:3-9 and asking the questions where is the scripture for this tradition that has lead many to break God's 4th commandment. Your trying to make an argument against the OP and God's WORD that is not true.

It those teaching against God's 4th commandment that are making strawman arguments against God's Word. God's 4th commandment which is one of Gods 10 Commandments give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *ROMANS 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. JAMES says that if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God of SIN

God's WORD says all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

If we do not have scripture for our position then we should consider carefully should we follow man made traditions that break the commandments of God or should we BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD? For me, only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it. *ROMANS 3:4

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really brother. Claiming something is not required is the same outcome as saying something is Abolished another words it is not required.
the outcome may seem similar but the method is different. If I am kicked out of school it is abolishment but if I graduate school it is not abolishment. Both have the same immediate result, that I'm no longer in school and school is not required yet they are drastically different.

no one claims the 4th commandment is abolished yet they claim it is no longer required. perhaps you need to consider changing this word abolish to a word that actually reflects what your opponent is arguing (hint: this is called respect)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
It's evident you don't believe Jer 31:31-33.
I believe it 100% brother, so it's far from evident.

The new covenant is made up of the Moral law which was written on stone and restated in the New Testament. The moral law being written on our hearts after God's promise to write his law in our inward parts/heart.

1st Commandment(Thou shalt have none other gods before me.)
Exodus 20:3,Deut 5:7

Matt 4:10, Luke 4:8, Matt 22:37-38, Acts 14:11-18, 1 Cor 8:4-6, Romans 3:29-30

2nd Commandment(Thou shalt not make thee any graven image)
Exodus 20:4-5,Deut 5:8-10

Acts 15:20, (Acts 17:16-17 29), 1 Cor 5:9-11, 1 Cor 6:9-10, 1 Cor 10:7, 1 Cor 10:14, Thess 1:9, 2 Cor 6:16, 1 Peter 4:3-4,1 John 5:21, Gal 5:19-21, Eph 5:5, Rev 9:20, Colossians 3:5-6, Rev 21:8, Rev 22:14-15,( Romans 1:21-23 25)

3rd Commandment(Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain)
Exodus 20:7,Deut 5:11

Matt 5:33-37, James 5:12

4th Commandment(Keep the Sabbath day to sanctify it)
Exodus 20:8-11,Deut 5:12-15

Acts 13:14, Acts 13:42-44, Acts 15:21, Acts 16:13, Acts 17:1-3, Acts 18:4, Hebrews 4:1-12
The seventh day Sabbath is kept in the New Earth Isaiah 66:23 also kept in beginning. Genesis 2:2

5th Commandment(Honor thy Father and thy mother)
Exodus 20:12,Deut 5:16

Matt 19:19, Mark 10:19, Luke 18:20, Romans 1:29-32, Eph 6:1-3, Colossians 3:20, 2 Timothy 3:1-2, Matt 15:2-6

6th Commandment(Thou shalt not Kill)
Exodus 20:13,Deut 5:17

Matthew 5:7-9, Matthew 5:38-39, Matthew 5:44, Luke 3:14, 1 Peter 3:9, Ephesians 6:15, Acts 23:2-3, Revelation 13:10,Matthew 26:51-52, Matt 10:16, Romans 8:36, Revelation 12:11, Matt 19:18

7th Commandment(Thou shalt not commit adultery)
Exodus 20:14,deut 5:18

Mark 10:7-12, Luke 16:18, Matthew 5:28-30, Hebrews 13:4, 1 Cor 6:9-10

8th Commandment(Thou shalt not steal)
Exodus 20:15,Deut 5:19

Matt 19:18, Mark 10:19, 1 Cor 6:9-10, Luke 18:20, Eph 4:28, Romans 13:9, 1 Peter 4:15, Revelations 9:20-21, Mark 7:20-23, 1 Corinthians 5:10-11

9th Commandment(Thou shalt not bear false witness)
Exodus 20:16,Deut 5:20

Matt 19:18, Mark 10:19, Luke 3:14, Luke 18:20, Romans 13:9, Colossians 3:9, 1 Timothy 4:1-2, 2 Timothy 3:1-3, Revelations 21:8,Revelations 22:14-15, Mark 7:20-23, 2 Peter 2:12-14, Matt 15:19-20

10th Commandment(Thou shalt not covet)
Exodus 20:17,Deut 5:21

Mark 7:20-23, Luke 12:15, Acts 20:32-34, Romans 7:7, Romans 1:29, Romans 13:9, 1 Corinthians 5:9-11, 1 Cor 6:9-10,Eph 5:3-5, 1 Tim 6:10, 2 Tim 3:1-2, Hebrews 13:5, 2 peter 2:14,
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And also a part of the New Covenant/Law of Christ is all the things commanded by the Apostles and Christ.
Declared all the counsel of God(Acts 20:26-28)
Continued in Doctrine of the Apostles(Acts 2:42)
Hold Fast to the Doctrine(Titus 1:9)
Paul has Planted the word(1 Cor 3:6)
Do the things commanded by the Apostles(2 Thess 3:4,6)
Hold Fast to the word and Tradtions we have been taught(2 Thess 2:14-17)
Doctrine of Christ(2 John 9-10)
Oberserve these things(2 Tim 5:21)
Be mindful of the words spoken by the prophets and the commandments of the Apostles and Christ(2 Peter 3:1-2, 15-18)
Keep the sound words given by Paul(2 Timohty 1:13-14)
Fully known the Doctrine, continue in things learned(2 Tim 3:10, 14-15)
Laws of God (Rom 13:2,9-10)
Stablish according to the Gospel and preaching of Christ(Romans 16:25-27)
Fully preached the Gospel of Christ(Romans 15:19,29)
Acknowledge things spoken as commandments of the Lord(1 Cor 14:37)
Gospel received by Revelation of Christ(Gal 1:6-12)
Christ the same today yesterday and tomorrow, so to is the word of God the same. (Hebrews 13:8-9)
Keep the Commandments given by Christ(John 14:21,23, Matt 28:20)
Keep the Ordinances as delivered by the Apostles(1 Cor 11:1-20)
Holy word of God is of no private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20-21)

So you see brother, far from denying what Jeremiah 31 says I fully believe in it.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
the outcome may seem similar but the method is different. If I am kicked out of school it is abolishment but if I graduate school it is not abolishment. Both have the same immediate result, that I'm no longer in school and school is not required yet they are drastically different.

no one claims the 4th commandment is abolished yet they claim it is no longer required. perhaps you need to consider changing this word abolish to a word that actually reflects what your opponent is arguing (hint: this is called respect)

Sorry brother your just repeating yourself. I am not saying what you are saying here and have already outlined clearly my thoughts in the previous post # 486 linked as to why I disagree with your claims which you are ignoring. We will have to agree to disagree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry brother your just repeating yourself. I am not saying what you are saying here and have already outlined clearly my thoughts in the previous post # 486 linked as to why I disagree with your claims which you are ignoring. We will have to agree to disagree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though.

God bless
Let's first address the straw man. No one says the commandments are abolished but they do say they are no longer required. Find a word to use that can marry these two. I already know you are ignoring it but that's not very respectful to your opponent

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let's first address the straw man. No one says the commandments are abolished but they do say they are no longer required. Find a word to use that can marry these two. I already know you are ignoring it but that's not very respectful to your opponent

Your only repeating yourself again here brother. This section of your post has also already been addressed in detail in post # 486 linked which you seem to have ignored. Did you read post # 486 linked ? Your replies suggest you did not read it as your stating things already adressed in the linked post provided to you earlier the show your claims here are false ones. I do not see you as an opponent but a brother in Christ that I am asking questions to and sharing God's WORD with.

God bless.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your only repeating yourself again here brother. This section of your post has also already been addressed in detail in post # 486 linked which you seem to have ignored. Did you read post # 486 linked ? Your replies suggest you did not read it as your stating things already adressed in the linked post provided to you earlier the show your claims here are false ones. I do not see you as an opponent but a brother in Christ that I am asking questions to and sharing God's WORD with.

God bless.
what are my claims? can you repeat them for me so I know you understand them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The new covenant is made up of the Moral law which was written on stone and restated in the New Testament.
No, no, no... Were the Ten Commandments engraved in letters on stone? If so...
They are the transitory ministry that brought condemnation and death that has no glory now. Why on earth would you want that written on your heart? No thanks!

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brother Washed Luminary, nice to see you again. Some comments are provided in your post for consideration.

As posted earlier brother I have never said that God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) were not a part of the OLD COVENANT. They were. The scripture references posted to you earlier were to show that Gods 10 commandments were only part of the OLD COVENANT not all of the OLD COVENANT. According to God's WORD there are two parts to the OLD COVENANT. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. We agree that God's 10 commandments were a part of the OLD COVENANT. Here let's add the rest of the scriptures that show that the MOSIAC BOOK of the law was also the other part of the OLD COVENANT.

THE SHADOW LAWS OF THE MOSAIC BOOK WAS PART OF THE OLD COVEANANT

EXODUS 24 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2 KINGS 23 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

2 CHRONICLES 34 [30], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT that was found in the house of the LORD.

2 CHRONICLES 34 [31] And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK.

CONCLUSION: The OLD COVENANT was made up of two sets of laws which included 1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) and 2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

Both these sets of LAWS had very different PURPOSES under the OLD Covenant.

1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) where to provide a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS.

2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the BOOK OF THE COVENANT of laws and ORDINANCES which included the CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL laws were laws for the REMISSION or FORGIVENESS of sin which included the Leviticial PRIESTHOOD and ORDINACES for sin offerings for the SNACTUARY SERVICE. PRIESTHOOD, SACRIFICAL SIN OFFERINGS for FORGIVENESS OF SIN.

God bless.
Here's yet another passage I've not posted heretofore about shadow law -

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Please note it says "the law" having a shadow of good things to come...

It doesn't say the shadow laws indicating part of the law.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely brother. The ARK (house) of the COVENANT held God's COVENANT with God's people. Now what did the ARK of the covenant house or contain?
A fair question. Have you considered this passage -

Ex 34:27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

It appears there was way more than 10 words on those stones God told Moses to write.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
GOD'S SABBATH is a sign that God's people worship and follow the only true God of creation and it is God who santifies them. However here you are mixing up the SHADOW signs of the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT in CIRCUMCISION that points to a NEW HEART by FAITH (DEUTERONOMY 30:6; JEREMIAH 4:4; DEUTERONOMY 10:16; ROMANS 2:25-29; 1 CORINTHIANS 7:19; HEBREWS 8:10) in the NEW COVENANT with God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) and God's 4th Commandment that give us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken under the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.
No, the sabbath is a sign to Israel only -

Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
GALATIANS 3 brother is not saying God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) is ABOLSIHED it is saying that GOD'S LAW gives us the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is which is shown in the scriptures a little further in GALATIANS 3:22-25 to lead us to CHRIST (the Word - seed) so that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH in his WORD. This is the purpose of God's LAW to show us that we are all SINNERS in need of God's salvation and to lead us to CHRIST that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH in his WORD.
Here's what you reference and don't dealt with -

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

You have to be claiming faith hasn't come. If that's so we don't have salvation.

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Get the idea?

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
No, no, no... Were the Ten Commandments engraved in letters on stone? If so...
They are the transitory ministry that brought condemnation and death that has no glory now. Why on earth would you want that written on your heart? No thanks!

2 Corinthians 3:6-11
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
Brother you and I have already discussed this before and it came to naught. If you want to read the answer to what you have said go read what I have previously showed you out of scripture concerning the matter.

May God bless and Guide you Brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brother NeedyFollower, nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I like your name title. I think I am also a needy follower. I can do nothing without JESUS.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. It seems that we have a similar view of History in some of the examples you outline above. However, where does it say as you have claimed above in God's WORD that Sunday worship is a commandment of God? How do you get Sunday out of the scripture this is the day that the Lord has made?

According to God's WORD brother We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.
By your adding works of the law to this is proof you don't believe in salvation by faith. You believe you can obligate God by keeping the law (works) as your church teaches. Rom 6:23 says wages are death. Wages are paid for work.
God's WORD however says that God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.
Here you proudly proclaim works of the law are required for salvation. Indeed you believe salvation isn't a free gift. You've also said you have the right to eat from the Tree of Life because you keep the famous 10 by referencing Rev 22:14.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really brother. Claiming something is not required is the same outcome as saying something is Abolished another words it is not required. This is the context to the OP. Your claims that no one believes God's LAW and God's 4th Commandment is abolished is a false one as many here do believe this. You can speak for yourself that is fine but you do not speak for all christianity and everyone in it that believes differently to you.
Since you require the word abolished, here you are -

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

This is without a doubt the entire law.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here's yet another passage I've not posted heretofore about shadow law -

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Please note it says "the law" having a shadow of good things to come...

It doesn't say the shadow laws indicating part of the law.

Indeed thanks for sharing this. HEBREWS 10 is supporting what I have always posted to you.

HEBREWS 10:1-9
[1], FOR THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, AND NOT THE VERY IMAGE OF THE THINGS, CAN NEVER WITH THOSE SACRIFICES which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
[2], For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
[3], But in those SACRIFICES there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
[4], For it is not possible that THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND GOATS should take away sins.
[5], Why when he comes into the world, he said, SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS YOU WOULD NOT BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME:
[6], IN BURN'T OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES FOR SIN YOU HAVE HAD NO PLEASURE.
[7], Then said I, See, I come in the VOLUME OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME, to do your will, O God.
[8], Above when he said, SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERINGS FOR SIN YOU WOULD NOT, neither had pleasure therein; WHICH ARE OFFERED BY THE LAW;
[9], Then said he, See, I come to do your will, O God. He takes away the first, that he may establish the second.

NOTE; the LAW in reference here is NOT God's 10 Commandments but the law of sin offereings from the SHADOW laws of the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 from the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (Please look at the attached scriptures)

Thanks for sharing this. BTW you can read the same in thoughts outlined in HEBREWS 9.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A fair question. Have you considered this passage -

Ex 34:27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

It appears there was way more than 10 words on those stones God told Moses to write.

Indeed. The GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) were a part of the OLD COVENANT that other part was the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT written by MOSES *EXODUS 24:7

As posted earlier...

I have never said that God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) were not a part of the OLD COVENANT. They were. The scripture references posted to you earlier were to show that Gods 10 commandments were only part of the OLD COVENANT not all of the OLD COVENANT. According to God's WORD there are two parts to the OLD COVENANT. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL and the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. We agree that God's 10 commandments were a part of the OLD COVENANT. Here let's add the rest of the scriptures that show that the MOSIAC BOOK of the law was also the other part of the OLD COVENANT.

THE SHADOW LAWS OF THE MOSAIC BOOK WAS PART OF THE OLD COVEANANT

EXODUS 24 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the covenant.

2 KINGS 23 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

2 CHRONICLES 34 [30], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT that was found in the house of the LORD.

2 CHRONICLES 34 [31] And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK.

CONCLUSION: The OLD COVENANT was made up of two sets of laws which included 1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) and 2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

Both these sets of LAWS had very different PURPOSES under the OLD Covenant.

1. GOD'S ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) where to provide a KNOWLEDGE of SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS.

2. The MOSAIC SHADOW laws from the BOOK OF THE COVENANT of laws and ORDINANCES which included the CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL laws were laws for the REMISSION or FORGIVENESS of sin which included the Leviticial PRIESTHOOD and ORDINACES for sin offerings for the SNACTUARY SERVICE. PRIESTHOOD, SACRIFICAL SIN OFFERINGS for FORGIVENESS OF SIN.

God bless.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, the sabbath is a sign to Israel only - Ex 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.Here's what you reference and don't dealt with -

Thanks for the scriptures. They only disagree with you however. God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-26. Thankyou for highlighting v17 as it shows that God's 4th COMMANDMENT of the 10 Commandments are a sign for God' ISRAEL FOREVER!.
God's WORD teaches that all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD are God's ISRAEL.

GOD'S ISRAEL ARE ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD (The Church)

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

EPHESIANS 2:11-13 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

[12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

CONCLUSION: God's ISRAEL is the name given by God to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. GENTILES are now grafted in. If you are not a part of the God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.