Where do you spend most time on the forum and why?

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi there I was wondering where most people like to spend their time when on the forum. I did ask why, but if you're not comfortable saying, that's OK.

When I first joined, I spent quite a bit of time on the theology, discussion & debate (Christian), advice etc but find lately that even though I've not been on as often ( I have tried to rein back the time I was on)
I find I enjoy this thread probably the most.

I like the word games so I can use my "brain" a bit (it needs all the help it can get!), love the Bible verses and the topics here in general.
Must admit sometimes after being " out there" (other parts of the forum), it is like a breath of fresh air and comfort to be back here.
.......or maybe I'm just getting old!;)
(well I definitely am at that!)

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually just click "New Posts" and go to whatever sounds interesting or uplifting. Have learned to avoid the Current News and Political sections unless I feel like jumping into some senseless argument. Fortunately for my blood pressure, this is happening less and less. :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the tip, I think I will start visiting here if it is that peaceful, lol. I pretty much do as Jacks does. And check out the games, etc.
Nice to meet you. Your avatar is beautiful.

TC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i spend most of my time in the depression forums, mainly because as someone who suffers from depression i have learned to hate it and understand that some people suffer untold misery no knowing how to find God in their darkness.

The Lord brought me the ability to survive my illness through bringing me an understanding of the human heart and the forces waging war against it.

i don't like debating theology, most other forums are too unkind for my taste, brothers and sisters hunting the other family members with nets, that is the main reason i like the depression forum, no debating allowed, only supporting hurting members.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it can be intense at times.

It may be my imagination but there seem to be less legalistic fanatics on at the moment.

That is good to hear, but i also noticed that there are a lot less people the last few years on the forums and going down each month some more, maybe that is why? To many legalistic debaters in our midst. Or to little advertising? Not sure what could be the problem.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am all over the place. ^_^ I hang out here a lot because of the games and other calming threads. But the Eschatology and Prophecy forum is comfortable to me also. I do Current events at times, just so I can keep p with what is happening in the world. And there are times when I enjoy debating.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no favorite place. I have been painfully taught by some sub-forum people that they do not want you there if you are not just like them even if you are a fellow Christian and use the same "Handbook" of faith.

My determining place to go is not where I want to go but where I am lead to go, I believe. My purpose here is not to serve my needs but to serve my Savior and Lord by being a light trying to shine forth His Truth. Well, I do serve my need to help and teach others, and sometimes I am successful.

Like several here, I go to "New Threads" or "New Posts" with no target or focus topic or forum in mind, except for avoiding those ethnocentric or "Elite" and "Superior" cliquish ones.

Yes, I also avoid the newspaper and "Live news" stuff (current events, I think) and the political stuff, oh, terrible. Sometimes I am motivated to jump in even those and shine for a moment just to try to enlighten or balance things there but then I am always rewarded with quick and multiple, irate, "fan mail" alerts from the political topic forums.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I usually just click "New Posts" and go to whatever sounds interesting or uplifting. Have learned to avoid the Current News and Political sections unless I feel like jumping into some senseless argument. Fortunately for my blood pressure, this is happening less and less. :)

Oh yes, I forgot to mention new posts. I look at those, well pick out any that catches my attention.
I did make a mistake when I first started in replying in one without seeing what the actual thread was in, suffice to say I learned my lesson.:)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been mainly in theology and Christian advice, so I can help people. I might do soft debate, but mainly in order to share things which can help people . . . not necessarily the one disagreeing with me, but put in what can be good for others who are sharing or just reading.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm usually on GE, and have been for 13 years. You guys are my friends and I have nearly always found this a kind and gentle forum to be on. I also like to be with my own age group, but having said that I realise that I'm old enough to be the mother of the youngest Golden Eagles! :eek: :D It's interesting to see the threads we've had over the years, which have reflected the interests of the members at the time, and I like the balance of the social, supportive and spiritual aspects of the forum.

I sometimes look at the Christian Advice or Theology forums as well as new threads to see if any catch my eye. Also occasionally some of the recreational and health forums. Anywhere really, unless I'm not eligible or the debate is too heated, but I always come back home here.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
i spend most of my time in the depression forums, mainly because as someone who suffers from depression i have learned to hate it and understand that some people suffer untold misery no knowing how to find God in their darkness.

The Lord brought me the ability to survive my illness through bringing me an understanding of the human heart and the forces waging war against it.

i don't like debating theology, most other forums are too unkind for my taste, brothers and sisters hunting the other family members with nets, that is the main reason i like the depression forum, no debating allowed, only supporting hurting members.

Peace.
I'm sorry that you have suffered from depression. I have too, but the Lord has really helped me. I think that those who don't suffer from it, or know people who do, may not realise how painful it can be.

I appreciate those forums which just support people without debating the issue. Particularly with something like depression, because each person's experience can be different to another's and people getting it wrong, or giving the wrong advise, can make it worse. But I also know that there is always hope with God. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Golden Eagles is warm and cosy, and very friendly.
I spend time on the Prayer Wall as part of the angels team, and also sometimes enjoy new threads.
The Pentecostal forum is great.
Jokes! I love jokes and cartoons!

Upvote 0