United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Here's a question.-
When the spies came back from searching through the promised land, who would you have aligned yourself with?
Joshua and Caleb?
Or maybe the other ten, the ones with fear written on their faces. The ones who just looked at the facts on the ground, instead of the magnitude of the God who delivered them from Egypt.

The church is always full of faithful people when it's comfortable in the pews, but when it gets a little tight, they disappear.
That ain't real faith.

So will the real intercessors stand up please, and I suggest we put some distance between ourselves and those who want to run and hide.
This battle ain't over yet, and there's work to be done.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What kind of spiritual problem would a prophet have if every word they prophesied was accurate? What if every believer who laid hands on the sick and they recovered happened every time? etc

Plus it's the prophetic word that is judged."Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge." I Cor 14:29

This is a change from the OT
WHY would it need to be judged if it is expected to be 100% accurate in the first place

"And the same with prophecy. Let two or three prophets prophesy and let the other prophets carefully evaluate and discern what is being said." TPT

ALSO several of those prophecies about President Trump said IF we would pray ...that's a main area of concern imo

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Also some posters on this thread imo do not believe in prophets and they're for today

as they are presentl themselves otherwise

I believe in prophets for today tturt, but I can't find one in my small church. I thought I was one and I thought Dutch Sheets was one and I even was hoping Rodney Howard Brown was one, but wrong is wrong.

All I can think is that if the devil deceived us all then God let it happen ... My God does not make mistakes ... My God does not lose elections ... My God is not upset or worried.

1 Corinthians 14:32-34 KJV - And the spirits of the prophets ...
www.biblegateway.com › passage

And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. · For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jonah: "Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me." "And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown."

Didn't happen. God knew it wasn't going to happen Still used it to reach the people. But wonder what the people said about Jonah?

Plus "Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge." I Cor 14:29
This is a change from the OT
WHY would it need to be judged if it is expected to be 100% accurate in the first place
Another- "Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5

AND it's the prophecy that's judged not the prophet unless they intentionally lead people away from God. Matt 24:11, 24; II Pet 2:1

Several of those prophetic words about President Trump going back in the second term included IF we prayed. Paul told Timothy "This commandment I commit to you, son Timothy, according to previous prophecies concerning you, so that by them you should fight a good fight," (I Tim 1:18).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I wonder what the supporters of these many false prophets think?

The ones that wasted prayers and money to support them ... Do they stick with the obvious?

It was not God's will for these men and women to speak for Him ...
In Flashpoint's case (a production of KCM) they were entirely wrong and have mislead many especially on the subject of Covid-19 that it would be over in April.

They act like nothing has happen and that we should keep the faith ... I'll keep the faith alright.

Keep the faith that they were wrong ... I do not exclude myself on this subject.

Like someone else said above, "Show me the prophet that prophesied Biden would win"

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like someone else said above, "Show me the prophet that prophesied Biden would win"

Hello geetrue. I saw a post on social media talking about web traffic. Apparently Sid Roth did some form of repentance which led to a massive falling off in the number of views his platforms are receiving. On the other hand Kenneth Copeland's platforms are still going with the false prophecies and the conspiracies and his views have increased five fold.

The moral of the story is that people want lies. They want their ears tickled. Those who repent will lose their meal ticket. Sadly delusion and deception are just going to become worse. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a question.-
When the spies came back from searching through the promised land, who would you have aligned yourself with?
Joshua and Caleb?
hello Drake. I think the problem with that question is with polarity. In the book of Joshua the Lord had said go in an take possession of the land, Joshua and Caleb believed God and obeyed.

In our day 'intercessors' and 'prophets' are coming out with screeds of stuff that God has not said and things that contradict the Holy Scriptures. Many modern day prophets are inventing an imaginary promised land of delusions and false theology.

'The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds' (Jeremiah 14:14).

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think it's important to realize we are not to judge prophecies based on the OT, as that line of prophet is done. You may disagree, and that's okay. John was the last of the OT prophets, and will be judged as such. In the NT, we are to judge prophecy as it comes up. My issue with all the prophecies about Trump is some people have come up and said sorry, but where are the fathers in the faith that judged the word? This is a community that has misspoken, and when they come before everyone, our job is to forgive. Anyone who thinks we're to judge NT prophecy like the old I'd like to know how many people they've stoned so far.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
. Anyone who thinks we're to judge NT prophecy like the old I'd like to know how many people they've stoned so far.

There is a New Testament standard for false prophets which is not stoning. Neither is it allowing them to come back and deceive more people. On a basic level it is here:

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world (1 John 4:1).

Do not believe them! Those of you who have been deceived before, do not be deceived again. Don't watch these false prophets on TV, do not like their you tube videos, do not send them money. If you have a Kenneth Copeland, Cindy Jacobs, Katt Kerr, Pat Robertson or Sid Roth book get rid of it. They have been tested and found wanting.

They can repent, be forgiven but find another area of service in the church because it has been clearly seen their area of service is not speaking. Note that the scripture reference above does not say false prophets have gone out into the world it says many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is a significant and widespread problem.

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Consider what you owe to His power; how He has raised you from your death in sin; how He has preserved your spiritual life; how He has kept you from falling; and how, though a thousand enemies have beset your path, you have been able to hold on your way. Consider what you owe to His immutability. Though you have changed a thousand times, He has not changed once.
Morning and Evening.
-Spurgeon sermon

Upvote 0

Evieoooo

Jul 23, 2021
Redmond
✟8,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Lismore said, Yes indeed. Someone who claims to be a 'prophet', we can test what they have said previously and see if it stands or falls. That is what I am encouraging you to do.

Back in 2002 the Lord told me that a great davistation would occur between Texas and
Georgia and that it would come of the coast of Trinidad ... three years to the week hurricane Katrina happen. God is so big that He can send a hurricane and even prophesy that it would happen three years before. On the same week that Katrina hit New Orleans there was going to be the largest gathering of homosexulas in our country at the Sports dome there.

The next Word I received around the same time of 2002 was that there were minds in North Africa that wanted to destroy America and then blame Saddam Hussein for it ... I didn't know what it meant, but I shared it with the FBI and they figured it out by sending agents to the North African country of Libya and had a little talk with Gaddafi who then turned over his nuclear weapons to them that happen in 2003 (In December 2003, Libya announced that it had agreed to reveal and end its programs to develop weapons of mass destruction and to renounce terrorism, and Gaddafi made significant strides in normalizing relations with western nations.) History of Libya under Muammar Gaddafi - Wikipedia

A week before 9/11 on a tuesday the Lord told me that more people were fixing to come to the Lord than ever before and I repeated the strange Word of Knowledge to my monthly Jesus Video Project that same night a week before the 9/11 event.

Another time the Lord said that a hurricane would broach Texas and a few weeks later it happened that a tropical storm became a hurricane overnight and broched Texas.

About ten years ago the Lord said that Hamas would hurt Israel so bad that it would shock the world (that hasn't happened yet)

I have others, but they are all personal revelations of which I do not want to share.

So you see I have a problem with being wrong when I have never really been wrong before at least in my discernment of who it was talking to me which leads me to wonder did President Trump really win and will still give the WH over to VP Mike Pence.

I surely hope so ... like you said it could be just wishful thinking, but two years ahead of time seems a long way to believe a lie that I have repeated several times without being rebuked.

I am ready to be a nobody nothing ... I can handle that ... Nobody pays me anyway lol

Well the hamas one just came true too

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Where do the false prophets go? They join Bethel, Hillsong, and Kenny Copeland.
Furthermore, if they don't repent and believe the true Gospel of Christ, they will all end up in Hell together, and there they can give all the false prophecies they wish.

• Agree
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
The idea of a prophecy at new year for what the year holds is nonsense because the same year holds thousands of different fates for the hearers across the range of states and countries. And trying to prophesy who will win an election, who is that to benefit and why would God need to tell you? Is it what one wants to hear?

If Donald won the election, today we could be at war with China with a nuclear threat. So the US favoured a peaceable president a little more. God can lose an election, depending on who represents God, and how well... and if the people are just or rebellious.

Sometimes healthy people experience intrusive thoughts.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False prophets intentionally lead people away from God. (Matt 24:11, 24; II Pet 2:1).

It's not when the word is in error - "'When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." Deu 18:22

Believers in general are -
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (I Thess 5:20-21). Then when it has been proven, there's warfare in the spirit realm. "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before concerning thee, that thou by them mightest wage a good warfare," I Tm 1:18

Knowing -
"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:" Gen 1:14

"And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment." I Chron 12:32

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

Not one believer is going to serve God without error.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7
This is as true today as when it was written.
But how can God reveal his plans today when the church has made stone deafness to the Holy Spirit its policy?
Not one believer is going to serve God without error.
How right you are, and that's where the problem lay, passing the buck to one man at the front.

We have an inert sleeping infantile church, suckling at the tit of the pastor on Sundays, and then returning to sleep it off for another 6 days.
What happened to the priesthood of all believers?
What happened to discernment?

1Cor14v26What then is it, brothers? When you may come together, each has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

That little word "Each" carries a whole weight of meaning, completely ignored.
Instead, the church has done what Israel did, demanding of the Lord, "Give us a king (read vicar, pastor minister etc) to judge us like the nations...." forgetting that God wanted Israel to be nothing like the other nations.
Likewise, God wants the organism of his Ekklesia to be nothing like earthly organisations.

In demanding that level of leadership, the spark of spiritual life just fizzles lower and lower, and the dependency on hierarchical control becomes a Jezebel ruling over an Ahab church.

27If anyone speaks with a tongue, let it be by two or the most three, and in turn; and let one interpret. 28But if there is no interpreter, let him be silent in the church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
Again, this speaks of the body functioning, not just the man at the front.

29And let two or three prophets speak, and let the others discern.

It doesn't say, get the pastor's permission, but let the others discern!

30But if a revelation should be made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. 31For you are all able to prophesy one by one, so that all may learn, and all may be exhorted. 32And the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 33For He is not the God of disorder, but of peace.
All able to prophesy.
All able to discern.
All may learn.
All may be exhorted.

And currently, all replaced by professional one man ministries, serving an inactive body .

As you said above @tturt "Not one believer is going to serve God without error."
That's why the Lord spread his anointing to all members of the body.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a difference between one who believes that they heard a word from the Lord, and so, in faith, they stepped out and gave it and it ended up being wrong and between one who knowingly spreads falsehoods and gives out false words knowing it is wrong to lead the flock astray.

The ones who got a word wrong, as the Bible says, there is nothing to worry about from them. The ones who declared that Trump would win, nothing to worry about, the one who said Ida would not cause damage, nothing to worry about....

The ones we need to worry about are the ones spreading false doctrines of everyone goes to heaven because God loves everyone and love wins so therefore everyone goes to heaven and the ones who say that you can live whatever life you want to live as long as you love Jesus because we are under grace. Those are the ones who are to wolves in sheeps clothing that we need to be fighting against. Someone wants to declare this or that...whatever, fine, they can say what they want about the physical and be wrong all they want to. That doesn't effect our ultimate outcome in the spiritual.

What does is the false doctrines being taught that the Bible, every word and letter in it, is not the infallible word of God, that one can live a life that makes them happy and be fine as long as they claim to believe in Jesus, and that everyone goes to heaven. These are the dangerous words being put forth by false prophets and teachers that we need to warn each other against.

Upvote 0