West
✟17,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/202...up-denounces-capitol-riots-as-an-insurrection

ABOVE: Dr. Ed Stetzer, professor and dean at Wheaton college, appeared on the Friday edition of CBN News' Faith Nation to talk more about the NAE statement in the wake of the events of this week. Faith Nation is seen weekdays on the CBN News Channel.

The National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) is denouncing the violent riots that took place on Capitol Hill Wednesday, calling what unfolded an "insurrection."

Images emerging from that day show some in the mob holding crosses or signs displaying faith based messages.

In a new statement, the NAE said it's drawing a line and those who engaged in the violence aren't representative of Christ's teachings.

"Followers of Jesus are peacemakers. Some images from the protests demonstrate a disturbing conflation of Christianity and a nationalist ideology that is far from the way of Jesus," the statement reads. "Christians are commanded to seek the peace of the cities where they live, to love their enemies, to seek unity and to proclaim a message of peace."

Their statement went on to say the mob at the Capitol was provoked by leaders like President Trump who have employed conspiracy theories for political gain.

Dr. Ed Stetzer of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College said Christians have fallen prey to such conspiracy theories because of an "echo chamber promoting ideas that are unmoored from reality."

"When we eventually get to the place where we start saying and believing things that aren't true, it can lead to an echo chamber which as we see can lead to violence and actual deaths on Capitol Hill," he added.

Dr. Stetzer said Christians can fight against lies that are becoming so common in today's political atmosphere by seeking the truth rather than being so naive.

"We need to commit ourselves to not be easily fooled. Gullibility is not a spiritual gift and it's not a godly virtue," he explained. "Ultimately, to see the discipleship of the mind where we can actually say 'maybe if this hasn't been reported by more conservative media outlets and it's been widely dismissed, maybe it's not true.' At the end of the day, we got to have a discipling of our mind."

And as the country begins to transition into a new administration, Stetzer believes there will be religious liberty concerns and Christians will have to continue to speak up for their quality of life and biblical faith.

"Moving forward, we are going to have to disciple ourselves and band together to show and share the love of Jesus in a really divided time," he concluded.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
'President Donald Trump has fought for 4 years, to do the things he promised he would do.
He fought hard, worked tirelessly, for the things that are important to many of us."

'And I do hope, within his close circle of friends, there is someone there with the spiritual maturity to discuss with him the spiritual dynamics of what has been, and is, happening. Christians of all 'flavors' seem to have fairly easy access to him ... I pray he is getting wise counsel from someone(s), to help him navigate successfully thru this extremely intense time of spiritual warfare ..."

"God, help our President."

YES!!!

If ever there was a time to be praying for our President ...
and for what, right now, is happening in America ...
I do believe that time is now ...

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If ever there was a time to be praying for our President ...
and for what, right now, is happening in America ...
I do believe that time is now ...

Yes indeed, but in this case prayer will not sway the good Lord to change His mind ... prayer changes you.

The days left are like sand in the hour glass ... if I have to repent then I surely will, but a whole lot of other Chrisitan's will be at the same point in time.

Christian prophet like Kim Clement whom I thought died ... Didn't Kim Clement die?

Yet he has prophesies on youtube ... Kim said Trump would serve two terms

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Today the supreme court refused to give the remaining Trump cases an expedited hearing, pretty much assuring a Biden inauguration. I can only surmise that Roberts has an iron grip on their scheduling process. Adjust prayers accordingly.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Where does the church go from here? I mean the believing church ... many here believed in their own visions and messages from God. I am one of them. Sure we have five (5) days left, but we misewell admit now things are not going well. So back to my first question where does the believing church go now? We are being tested ... there can be no doubt about that. Amen

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
IMO, you stick with what God told you. There is much going on, and the media has proven itself to be completely unreliable and dishonest. God's ways and timing are not ours, as John 11 graphically teaches. Don't give up so quickly. Indeed, if the present situation is not corrected, we haven't merely lost an election, we've lost the nation, very probably forever. Don't look to the news, look to God. Stay in the spirit, strengthen your heart, and keep standing on what God said.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Where does the church go from here? I mean the believing church ... many here believed in their own visions and messages from God. I am one of them. Sure we have five (5) days left, but we misewell admit now things are not going well. So back to my first question where does the believing church go now? We are being tested ... there can be no doubt about that. Amen
You are thinking like the Israelites in Ex14 when they reached the red sea.

As soon as the Israelites saw the Egyptians, even though they had seen all the plagues they panicked and started accusing Moses.
But the Red sea crossing was the purpose of God to utterly destroy the last remnant of Egypt's cruel power and majesty.

Stop listening to the arrogant boasting of the Satanic Democrat fraudsters, and start listening to the Lord instead.

See my posts 78 and 36 and you will see why I do not believe it is over yet.
God has still to play his Trump card,and anyone who understands cards will know you keep the Trump card as long as possible till right at the end when the winnings pot is maximised.

Just like he did with the Egyptians, the Lord is setting up for the biggest sting America has ever seen.
The democracy hating Democrat party, in consort with Satanic New World Order globalists, are about to meet their judgement.

• Winner
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Looking at things from a worldly perspective, I agree. It does not appear that things are going as many have prayed, many have prophesied, many have desired. But, when looking at things with spiritual eyes, I do not think we can say that we know for sure what God is doing at this time ... least, I cannot.

Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry Paul nothing against you, but I have had a lot of problems with anything to do with KCM ... He even has his own satellite channel sperate from TBN ... but my final straw was the way he has treated the Covid-19 problem by saying it's a done deal and that it is over in April.

He was on that Flashpoint show (at the end) after the riots with Dutch Sheets and Kat Kerr and even Kat Kerr's prophecy is on this forum. Dutch Sheets is into his 71st day of prayer for Trump and his presidency and this morning he looks very tired and humble to see that nothing has happen yet. I don't listen to just anyone or everyone on youtube ... it is full of so called prophets.

Why listen to anyone so wrong which is what I am now facing ... Why listen to my rambling on about anything

The only real seed thought I have received from all of this (two years for me) is that I should not lean into my own understanding.
The Lord did let me make a mistake in order to make me a better servant.
I love you all ... thank you for your prayers
Thank you Francis Drake for your testimonies and your faith ...
We still have four days left, but my sadness is already here

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I'm sorry Paul nothing against you, but I have had a lot of problems with anything to do with KCM ... He even has his own satellite channel sperate from TBN ... but my final straw was the way he has treated the Covid-19 problem by saying it's a done deal and that it is over in April.

He was on that Flashpoint show (at the end) after the riots with Dutch Sheets and Kat Kerr and even Kat Kerr's prophecy is on this forum. Dutch Sheets is into his 71st day of prayer for Trump and his presidency and this morning he looks very tired and humble to see that nothing has happen yet. I don't listen to just anyone or everyone on youtube ... it is full of so called prophets.

Why listen to anyone so wrong which is what I am now facing ... Why listen to my rambling on about anything

The only real seed thought I have received from all of this (two years for me) is that I should not lean into my own understanding.
The Lord did let me make a mistake in order to make me a better servant.
I love you all ... thank you for your prayers
Thank you Francis Drake for your testimonies and your faith ...
We still have four days left, but my sadness is already here
As the Lord said to us after the debacle on the 6th.

The Lord laughs.................why are you downhearted?

The battle is not over yet, please do not leave the field.
As for me and my wife, we rejoice in the Lord's victory every day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Just a few more hours till the new President takes over and this all I have so far

What does it mean, "God is no respecter of persons"?

When meeting with the gentile centurion Cornelius, the apostle Peter explained what God had revealed to him: "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him" (Acts 10:34-35, King James Version). The New King James Version translates "God is no respecter of persons" as "God shows no partiality."

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Just a few more hours till the new President takes over and this all I have so far

What does it mean, "God is no respecter of persons"?

When meeting with the gentile centurion Cornelius, the apostle Peter explained what God had revealed to him: "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him" (Acts 10:34-35, King James Version). The New King James Version translates "God is no respecter of persons" as "God shows no partiality."
The key words are, "....he that fears him and works righteousness...." which clearly described Cornelius.
The Jews were adamant they were the only ones God was interested in, but God has a very different perspective to man, which is why Jesus told the Pharisees, "You are of your father the devil"

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟433,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Continuing to pray for God's will and His purposes. America is at a point like never before.

The Lord has given us much to be praying about now, tturt ... Jesus is coming soon! :angel:

"Even so, come. Lord Jesus, come."

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟51,276.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
King James Version
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27

The church is not there yet ... we still have much left to go through. We might even be in fox holes asking Catholic's what do they say when the rub their beads.
We are being tested ... My God does not lose elections especially the one in Georgia that allows the Senate to be decided by VP Harris in case of a tie. God can get anyone on the other side of the aisle to agree or disagree with any new law or proposal.

Seeing how this is my thread will you please post anyone that has repented of saying Trump would win and that they are sorry for what they thought was the Word of God, but in reality His will has been done.

Why has yet to be determined ... all I see so far is let's continue on like nothing happen. Just a speed bump here ... One KCM employee said, "Keep the faith" keep the faith for what that they were wrong?

I'm sorry that I posted Trump would win and then give the White House over to VP Pence ... didn't happen. I repent and I am embarrassed, but this has brought me closer to God. Jesus still loves me Amen

Upvote 0