When you see the words 'Radio Ministry' do you think sermons or music?

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you saw a thread titled "Christian Radio Ministry Fans" or "Christian Radio Ministry Listeners," what is your immediate inclination, to think of people who like listening to radio stations that are broadcasting sermons all day and night, or music?

Last edited:

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally, I'm more inclined to think radio sermons, or radio programs. The music part doesn't really factor in. True, its part of the radio, but a ministry isn't what I associate with it. More of a service, I guess?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you saw a thread titled "Christian Radio Ministry Fans" or "Christian Radio Ministry Listeners," what is your immediate inclination, to think of people who like listening to radio stations that are broadcasting sermons all day and night, or music?

I have always thought of Christian Radio Ministry as Bible ministry about salvation and living for God, and for many years that was true until the music fans began pressing their stage shows, with bands and soloists in recent years. Performances is not Scriptural, and the whole congregation should be praising God and giving thanks.

Really, Christian music thoughts should rather be on the CF site: WORSHIP MUSIC, rather than here. Real Godly worship is about collective praise to God by gathered saints: in song, the Lord's Supper, ministry from the Bible, and studies together as Church assemblies show in the Epistles of God's Word. We ought to follow the biblical way for the Church.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Both because the words "Radio" and "Ministry" remind me of music and sermons. Also there's music specifically for Christians and regular music that's Christian-friendly. But even Christians listening to the radio wouldn't always want to hear music, stations have non-musical programs too and I'd expect least some sermons or Christian related discussions and news.

Upvote 0