✟933,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
this is interesting. what is synergy?

In the example I shared, I’m referencing a series of events which collectively contributed to a message the Lord was leading me towards.

It began with the Arranged Marriages thread. My first post was different from the second. I answered from my head. The second was from the heart. I’m realizing the possibility. My spirit addressed the issue afterward. The message is clear and I’ve embraced it. We’re on the same page.

are you also prophetic like me? i am involved in the prophetic movement and it has been amazing ho wmany glorious things God has allowed me to see

I don’t think of myself that way. I see my gifting as a pie with different ingredients. I view them in relation to my calling. I don’t operate in prophecy in the manner you’ve mentioned. I’m not called to the church. I’m meant to serve those outside of it.

~Bella

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the example I shared, I’m referencing a series of events which collectively contributed to a message the Lord was leading me towards.

It began with the Arranged Marriages thread. My first post was different from the second. I answered from my head. The second was from the heart. I’m realizing the possibility. My spirit addressed the issue afterward. The message is clear and I’ve embraced it. We’re on the same page.

I don’t think of myself that way. I see my gifting as a pie with different ingredients. I view them in relation to my calling. I don’t operate in prophecy in the manner you’ve mentioned. I’m not called to the church. I’m meant to serve those outside of it.

~Bella

I am new to my gift, so I use it in feowship with other believers at the moment and i believe, as per, the early church, which is our model, that prophecy is to encourage the body first and foremost. However, i do also enjoy prophetic evangelism- God can useour gift anywhere. i believe one day God may call me to be part of healing minsitry- my passion is to use what God has shown in my journey of recovery from abuse and mental health and addiction issues to help others and i do love when God gives me a word for someone hwo is struggling.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see nothing and I am okay with that as I don't expect to see anything. I can tell you for sure I don't see His face and that particular song makes me want to do something unpleasant and requires cleanup.

lol :D what song?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
i believe one day God may call me to be part of healing minsitry- my passion is to use what God has shown in my journey of recovery from abuse and mental health and addiction issues to help others and i do love when God gives me a word for someone hwo is struggling.

Oftentimes those who’ve been in similar circumstances can become good counselors because they’ve been in their shoes. But sometimes God uses an opposite approach.

When I ministered to a homeless man in my neighborhood and led a group to Christ at church I didn’t share their plight. But I understood something many don’t consider for people in their situation. Human touch is lacking. I’d touch them, hug them, and spoil them with treats. We prayed for the group after every meeting. God delivered an addict, provided homes, and led them to faith. He knew I would love them. That’s what won me to Him.

I served many before He showed me where I belonged. The experiences enriched my faith and deepened my knowing. If He leads you elsewhere don’t despair. The training has a purpose you’ll understand later on. :)

~Bella

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know... sure we all want to SEE Him but.. like seeing the person next door. Not what I want. Hes GOD.. HIM I want to see and know you know what I mean? NOT to boast but I have seen allot but never His face. Never prayed to see it. Delight your self in the lord He will give you the desires of your heart.

And remember to ALWAYS give HIM all the glory and praise NEVER take it for your self. Or He will stop using you. So when I praise worship Him.. just that.. not picturing anything. Just singing along with all creation and angels and brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol :D what song?

LOL, I don't remember the name but it says something like when I worship I see His face. Well, I don't know who does but why sing a song that is not true? The church I used to attend sang this a lot and everytime I rolled my eyes. I am not saying I was right I am just saying it was one of those songs that seemed to be more about something other than worship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL, I don't remember the name but it says something like when I worship I see His face. Well, I don't know who does but why sing a song that is not true? The church I used to attend sang this a lot and everytime I rolled my eyes. I am not saying I was right I am just saying it was one of those songs that seemed to be more about something other than worship.

It took me a while but it is Met by love. For me not so much. LOL Maybe some of it is good but I don't know. I cannot say everytime I ran to God I was met by love. Maybe love mixed with mercy and correction. For me it paints a certain picture of God that makes him less.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think about an image to which to pray. I feel His presence, warmth, and mercy and gracious love. I cannot think of an image to fit the character of our God. I do not even attempt to give Him a face. The image I create now and then is His arms open motioning me to come and I lean in to His embrace and He comforts me but the rest of His body is obscure. This world is a hard place to be. His embrace is all I need. My Daddy loves me.

Reactions: CaspianSails
Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I Pray to the Most High and think of Jesus... I see nothing.
I can’t imagine how glorious He is.
I don’t know how my Lord looks. As an Orthodox, even with images I still can’t.
And I don’t want to either. I know He is more wonderful than I could imagine.
Fellow Christians, do you have a “look” on Christ?
My friend says she imagines Him with blue eyes, etc.
What are your thoughts?[/UOTE]

I had a vision once when I was listening to God Is by Kanye West.

I was standing in a wheat field, the sky was so dark with big black clouds, and there was a big forest around the hay field, almost like a ring.

Then the clouds busted open and there was a BRILLIANT GIGANTIC RAY of pure golden light. There were angels on the sides of the clouds, which were now golden, almost like this:

angelsgoldenheaven.jpg

(except they were wearing long white robes). They had trumpets too.

And then Jesus descended down in all gold robes, studded with jewels like rubies, diamonds, etc.

And He was walking with Kanye too, holding hands. Cool!

He was Caucasian, blue or light brown eyes, long silky brown hair, and had an apple in one hand, and a golden rod in the other. He gave me the greatest hug I've ever had, and it was so full of love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are your thoughts?

I don't think about Jesus' looks at all when I pray; I think about his life of obedience, the cross and everything that he's done for me. I think about God, glorious on his throne, and his Spirit who lives in me.

Reactions: CaspianSails
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What are your thoughts?
Revelation 1:13-16
And in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.

Upvote 0